ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis Wonder Years game thread

Yeah dirty refs. Goodwin hits 10 free throws? That's fair. Put Nick Wood on him.

Looks like the same refs @Temple. They hate Haith and Felton ,particularly Felton. Some grudge deal.

15 fouls against TU. 27 free throws for Memphis against 8 for Tulsa. Almost half of the Tigers points came at the line.

The foul shooting gap is a complete joke. Shaq G sits in the lane for 5 seconds, gets the ball and pumps, pivots, pumps and then gets the foul call. He shot 12 free throws in one half!

You don't burn TKs redshirt on the second to last game of the year. Who knows if he is even in game shape. Play your ass off like we did the last 6 minutes of the half and beat that 8 man team!

Seems if we can get them to run with us we can beat them and keep them from working the low post. Plus we shoot better when we run and gun.

One big half guys.

Gold --- you are a petulant ass! You must be in your late 20s early 30s.... Pretty typical.
First and only post I'll make directed at you....

That said....

STUPID decision on Haith. He needs to realize how "bad" the game was being called and decide to keep 4 fouls for your bigs --- instead we now have 3 fouls for our bigs --- that's tough!

I don't think you burn his redshirt here either. He should have played all year so he would be a starter today.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Shaq Goodwin is not Michale F-ING Jordan! I don't get it...Harrison gets mugged going to the rim, no foul....Goodwins dreads move and the whistle blows. Let's be honest though...Tulsa is a much better team here. If I'm Haith I'm on the phone to the AAC officials protesting the game. The bias is ridiculous and obvious...it's not even disguised even a little. Memphis has hit 18 more FTs than we have taken IN THE FIRST HALF!!! Cuncinnati borderline assaults players and they never get called for the tick tack crap we're getting called against us this game.

Memphis' D is otherworldly bad. If the game is being called fair, we're up 15 right now. Half the foul calls come after the ref sees whether or not the shot is missed...there's something wrong with that.

TK had a great game at Memphis last year. However, I agree that you don't blow his redshirt for one half.

Same ref called three of those on Wright and the tech on Swannegan.

Gold --- you are a petulant ass! You must be in your late 20s early 30s.... Pretty typical.
First and only post I'll make directed at you....

That said....

STUPID decision on Haith. He needs to realize how "bad" the game was being called and decide to keep 4 fouls for your bigs --- instead we now have 3 fouls for our bigs --- that's tough!

Your act is old. No one likes it. You use the forum to say hateful things about kids you have never seen in person. It needs to change. You know you are a joke. Please find some other place to stink up. Those of us who support these guys year after year think it's disgusting what you do.

If Memphis plays this well, has the refs and we have no post men and are still ahead. Good sign.

Ni
The foul shooting gap is a complete joke. Shaq G sits in the lane for 5 seconds, gets the ball and pumps, pivots, pumps and then gets the foul call. He shot 12 free throws in one half!

You don't burn TKs redshirt on the second to last game of the year. Who knows if he is even in game shape. Play your ass off like we did the last 6 minutes of the half and beat that 8 man team!

Seems if we can get them to run with us we can beat them and keep them from working the low post. Plus we shoot better when we run and gun.

One big half guys.

Should have burned it three months ago.

27 FT attempts by Memphis
27 to 8, Goodwin has made more FT than TU has attempted. The 3 blind mice are keeping Memphis in the game. Goodwin has absolute free reign, no fouls called on him, but (6) against Swanny & Wright. The next tallest player on the floor also has (3) fouls (Birt), so no one taller than 6'5 is available. Might aswell let Big E rough him up At this point. Complete BS the way TU is getting jobbed, T on Swanny was the worst.

TX

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Great 1st H from Taplin, Curtis, and Harrison. Goodwin is not dominating on glass or from field, may need to go w/ 5 Guards and work on ball denial w/ quicker lineup or not contest his shots from 5 ft. out w/ bigger lineups. I don't think Memphis was charged w/ a single offensive foul despite frequently intiating contact in the paint.

Pastner is a fool to not pound the paint every possession w/ the officials in his pocket.

TX

Unreal. How, in the hell, were those could on either Shaq or Swanny? How does the back ref keep "correcting" calls from 30 feet away?

First game were I seriously have to consider that the Refs may be really "out to get" one team over the other.

I often give people crap for criticizing refs, but wth?

Screw job is on. First they only give us an away game at Memphis. Then they bring the refs. Sportsmanship is not a thing in this league.

Reactions: TU 1978
BS call on Swanny's 4th. Pretty controversial ref'ing today. I think if we lose, TU's AD should speak up and complain.

Memphis throws it inside they win. Shoot outside they lose. Will they listen to Pastner?

Most likely these refs are costing Pastner $60,000 under the table...

Still waiting on them to go full Memphis Pastner and turn the ball over at will.

This has been one helluva Sr. day gift from the officials To Goodwin. Win or lose, TU needs to file a complaint.

TX

If that's not called a flagrant 1 on Goodwin then the fix is definitely in.

Birt takes an elbow to the head from Goodwin...
We will see what the call will be...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT