ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden

I remember reading that Florida was planning to audit some of its numbers because such a high percentage of deaths recorded had occurred more than 1 month after a positive test. Any word on how that turned out?
No idea. Nobody is eager to untangle that cluster im sure and the number one critic on the democratic side is a lunatic stalker whose arrest record is only kept short by the fact that she’s in her mid to late twenties.

No idea. Nobody is eager to untangle that cluster im sure and the number one critic on the democratic side is a lunatic stalker whose arrest record is only kept short by the fact that she’s in her mid to late twenties.
Show pics.

Signed,
Barrister

Her being made into some kind resistance hero was pretty weird. Just a crazy lady who got fired for trying to put bad data online
The injunction paperwork is all public record in Florida. She never should have been hired.

The whitehouse called out Oklahoma today as one of 7 states who have already vaccinated(at least one shot) more than 10% of its population. Not bad.

The whitehouse called out Oklahoma today as one of 7 states who have already vaccinated(at least one shot) more than 10% of its population. Not bad.
Oklahomans are extraordinarily good at lining up to get free stuff. And people are more scared than they are willing to admit. As we saw with the Trump rally.

• Haha
Reactions: URedskin54
Oklahomans are extraordinarily good at lining up to get free stuff. And people are more scared than they are willing to admit. As we saw with the Trump rally.

It does make sense that several states that are more rural seem to be doing a better job so far. Rollout is probably more decentralized and there are a lot of high-trust rural and semi-rural communities

Reactions: HuffyCane
I think most states are distributing it as fast as they possibly can. I am sure you can find some examples of waste from some places, but by and large shots are given just as fast as they arrive.

Innoculating 10% of the population in Oklahoma is fantastic. But there are other states that are still waiting on their first full allotment, and haven't received anything close to enough doses to vaccinate 10% of their population. Like Colorado:
https://www.cpr.org/2021/01/15/poli...ed-200000-covid-19-vaccine-doses-to-colorado/

That article has Gov. Polis mostly blaming Trump for the delays in promised dosages to CO, but that's not my main point. I am unsure if anything has changed with the Biden administration, and it could just be a governor getting some cheap shots in at an unpopular (in CO) outgoing admin. But whatever the real reason, they didn't get nearly enough vaccine to vaccinate 10% of their population.

EDIT:

For the purposes of the above comment, I am assuming full innoculation. I.E., both doses. Colorado has vaccinated about 100k people fully out of nearly 6 million. If we just go by "has reaceived the first shot", they are better, and are at 400k people or so. The total dosage received is 542k shots. Not enough to even give the first dose to 10% of the population.

Last edited:
The politics and fraud and incompetence will creep in soon enough. There’s a push in Oregon to vaccinate a certain number of people in communities of color before whites over 65, including those with known respiratory conditions. Florida is talking about a veterans preference after seniors. The cop unions are sharpening their swords. I don’t expect it will be available to me until the fall.

The politics and fraud and incompetence will creep in soon enough. There’s a push in Oregon to vaccinate a certain number of people in communities of color before whites over 65, including those with known respiratory conditions. Florida is talking about a veterans preference after seniors. The cop unions are sharpening their swords. I don’t expect it will be available to me until the fall.
This^

My employer is making a lot of noise as well trying to vaccinate the workforce and get their hands on enough vaccine from the state or the feds to give it to everyone that can't work from home due to the nature of their work. So far they have been somewhat successful, but since I can actually work from home, I am in Tier 4 of their hierarchy as well. I think it will be a photo finish whether I get it from the state or my employer first. It will be early Summer at the earliest I think.

Happy to see we are ahead of the curve on the first 10%.

I think we'll be way behind the curve before the last 10%.
Too many anti vaccine people in this state. My family is part of the lemmings.

Biden called for Unity. The Democrat definition of Unity is not we will meet you half way, it is when you totally think the way yhey do.

I think most states are distributing it as fast as they possibly can. I am sure you can find some examples of waste from some places, but by and large shots are given just as fast as they arrive.

Innoculating 10% of the population in Oklahoma is fantastic. But there are other states that are still waiting on their first full allotment, and haven't received anything close to enough doses to vaccinate 10% of their population. Like Colorado:
https://www.cpr.org/2021/01/15/poli...ed-200000-covid-19-vaccine-doses-to-colorado/

That article has Gov. Polis mostly blaming Trump for the delays in promised dosages to CO, but that's not my main point. I am unsure if anything has changed with the Biden administration, and it could just be a governor getting some cheap shots in at an unpopular (in CO) outgoing admin. But whatever the real reason, they didn't get nearly enough vaccine to vaccinate 10% of their population.

EDIT:

For the purposes of the above comment, I am assuming full innoculation. I.E., both doses. Colorado has vaccinated about 100k people fully out of nearly 6 million. If we just go by "has reaceived the first shot", they are better, and are at 400k people or so. The total dosage received is 542k shots. Not enough to even give the first dose to 10% of the population.

Yeah Colorado and WV are a couple states that have legit complaints because they've managed to use 100% or greater of their allocation. Some of the other states were only expending 50-60 % of their allocation, and have just been trying to cover their own incompetent state-level rollouts.

Record Midwest snow and low Temps. Winter tornados. Frozen wind turbines. Too cloudy for solar panels. Rolling blackouts.. Mother nature isnt cooperating with Bidens climate change agenda

Record Midwest snow and low Temps. Winter tornados. Frozen wind turbines. Too cloudy for solar panels. Rolling blackouts.. Mother nature isnt cooperating with Bidens climate change agenda
While we as humans certainly do help contribute to Climate change, it is no where close to what’s being pushed on us by the likes of Greta or AOC. The world is not about to end in a year or two or whatever crazy BS they are pushing. Additionally, due to the solar minimal, all planets in our solar system are experiencing climate change. This fact is not new! The BS currently being pushed about climate change is! https://www.livescience.com/1349-sun-blamed-warming-earth-worlds.html

Last edited:
Biden got just a smidgen over 50%. The Senate is 50/50. So why is everything from DC 100% far left. Seems like the Democrats are ignoring half of the country. Not much of an effort for UNITY.

Biden blasts nonunion efforts opposed to unioniizong amazon.

Unions are not a government function.

Why is he getting involved in a non gov issue.

Biden blasts nonunion efforts opposed to unioniizong amazon.

Unions are not a government function.

Why is he getting involved in a non gov issue.
Protecting the rights of workers to organize without detrimental practices from corporations is in fact a government function.

No it is you right to join or not join
The federal gov has no role at all.
According to the Nationally Labor Relations Act of 1935 you are wrong. (thank you FDR)
That act created the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) which oversees and seeks to correct “inequality in bargaining power” among employers and employees

No it is you right to join or not join
The federal gov has no role at all.
If the labor union (a private organization) negotiates a contract with a company (another private entity) that they should only hire people from within their membership, who is the government to intervene?

Because that's what happened.

Edit: I am glad we agree. The government should butt out and allow unions and companies to manage their own contracts. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 04Watu
According to the Nationally Labor Relations Act of 1935 you are wrong. (thank you FDR)
That act created the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) which oversees and seeks to correct “inequality in bargaining power” among employers and employees
This gives a non elected officical too much power over companies.

Companies and the union should work through their own issues without the gov.

As it is now the cards are stacked 2:1 against the companies

This gives a non elected officical too much power over companies.

Companies and the union should work through their own issues without the gov.

As it is now the cards are stacked 2:1 against the companies
Agree to disagree. Most of the barriers to entry for a small company are not related to union problems. It is mostly large corporations that complain most about unions.

There are reasons that unions have a bad name. I got in trouble for moving a stack of boxes from one office to another one time, because apparently "That's a job for the union workers". They can be super annoying and petty. I get it. A friend at a different company once got in trouble for unplugging his workstation and lamps in his office ahead of a planned power outage for the same reason. They actually filed a grievance against him. But I still agree they have a right to negotiate the contract they want without the government putting their finger on the scale against them.

And for the bolded part, why then do you support the gov coming in and telling unions that certain clauses of their contracts are not allowed?

Reactions: 04Watu
Since the gov tends to favor the union the gov official is not impartial. He has too much power over the company.

Since the gov tends to favor the union the gov official is not impartial. He has too much power over the company.
The company has a naturally unbalanced inherent advantage against any employees... especially when you consider what the Taft Hartley act led to after WWII.

Reagan’s best pal at GE was famous for busting unions with anti-competitive tactics because he realized that the federal government didn’t have the teeth to enforce anything if they found out a company was treating itsworkers / unions unfairly in labor negotiations.

Uniins are one thing but involving the gov creates an invironment where the gov could control unrelated aspect of the company in the name of labor

It's the head referree in a football game is the qbs father.

Many years ago I was a salaried employ of a major international company. This was back before holidays were good for 4 days off if a weekend was involved. Christmas Eve. I was told "when you get your work caught up," that I could leave. I took the truck down and picked up a 5 gallon bottle of effluent water. A greviance was brought against me for "Doing the sampleman's job." When all was said and done it was laughed off. This was, after all, Tulsa.

Several years later, when I was in Port Arthur, TX. A union employee of another company crossed a picket line and was shot on his front porch the next day. That was an 8 and a half month strike. No one bothered me, because I was salaried. Strikes were so common that everyone knew the unofficial rules.

Last edited:
Many years ago I was a salariad employ of a major international company. This was back before holidays were good for 4 days off if a weekend was involved. Christmas Eve. I was told "when you get your work caught up," I took the truck down and picked up a 5 gallon bottle of effluent water. I greviance was brought against me for "Doing the sampleman's job." When all was said and done it was laughed off. This was, after all, Tulsa.

Several years later, when I was in Port Arthur, TX. A union employee of another company crossed a picket line and was shot on his front porch the next day. That was an 8 and a half month strike. No one bother me, because I was salaried. Strikes were so common that everyone knew the unofficial rules.

I wonder how many American lives were lost as a result of union work stoppages and slowdowns in WW2... at one point in 1943 the number of man-labor days lost would have built 2000 B-17's...

Uniins are one thing but involving the gov creates an invironment where the gov could control unrelated aspect of the company in the name of labor

It's the head referree in a football game is the qbs father.
Sure but the opponents in the football game (the companies) are the 85 Chicago Bear’s defense and the offense is a pewee flag football team.

I wonder how many American lives were lost as a result of union work stoppages and slowdowns in WW2... at one point in 1943 the number of man-labor days lost would have built 2000 B-17's...
Much of what happened in 1943 wasn’t strictly related to union vs. corporation but was as a result of elevated racial tensions caused by exploding populations looking for high paying jobs in crowded cities and the fact that there were shortages of housing and discriminatory hiring practices against African Americans.

For example in June 1943 in Detroit 25,000 whites walked off the job in a wildcat strike in a Detroit factory that produced war assets due to fewer than 10 African Americans being put on the assembly line to work next to the white workers.

That would certainly be a case where I think the federal government should step in against any unions and bust the strike, both because it was detrimental to civil rights and detrimental to the war effort.

Last edited:
Much of what happened in 1943 wasn’t strictly related to union vs. corporation but was as a result of elevated racial tensions caused by exploding populations looking for high paying jobs in crowded cities and the fact that there were shortages of housing and discriminatory hiring practices against African Americans.

For example in June 1943 in Detroit 25,000 whites walked off the job in a wildcat strike in a Detroit factory that produced war assets due to fewer than 10 African Americans being put on the assembly line to work next to the white workers.

That would certainly be a case where I think the federal government should step in against any unions and bust the strike, both because it was detrimental to civil rights and detrimental to the war effort.
Actually, in some of the bigger West Coast areas the Feds worked out an agreement with guys like Lucky Luciano and made charitable contributions. People messing around on the docks were given a ride. In 1946, for his alleged wartime cooperation, his sentence was commuted on the condition that he be deported to Italy. Amazingly, trouble with military shipments all but disappeared.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT