ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden

Why would the press completely ignore Covid at this press conference? Weird. Biden did announce a new, higher target for speeding up vaccinations. Is Covid no longer news?

I suspect the press was hand picked. Trump seemed to enjoy fussing with the press. Biden does not. Biden wanted to get in and safely out.

One problem I see is that we all have our doubts as to whether Biden is capable of doing the job, especially for four years. If we see this, it is hard to believe the China and Russia don't see it.

From a biased source so view with some skepticism

Why would the press completely ignore Covid at this press conference? Weird. Biden did announce a new, higher target for speeding up vaccinations. Is Covid no longer news?
Covid wont help him or the dems in the mid terms.. best if not on the agenda..

I suspect the press was hand picked. Trump seemed to enjoy fussing with the press. Biden does not. Biden wanted to get in and safely out.

One problem I see is that we all have our doubts as to whether Biden is capable of doing the job, especially for four years. If we see this, it is hard to believe the China and Russia don't see it.

It's a relief there isn't a new drama every night to keep the prez in headlines. Who says good government can't be boring?

"We all have our doubts?" Is the the royal 'We"? 😎 As for Russia, China, and N. Korea, they had it pretty good the last four years, especially Putin who worked so hard to undermine the credibility of US elections.

As for 'fussing with the press' what a wonderful euphemism for this:

It's a relief there isn't a new drama every night to keep the prez in headlines. Who says good government can't be boring?

"We all have our doubts?" Is the the royal 'We"? 😎 As for Russia, China, and N. Korea, they had it pretty good the last four years, especially Putin who worked so hard to undermine the credibility of US elections.

Perhaps you are unaware of the destructive Executive orders put in place so let me remind you: passing of a Fake Covid Relief Bill, suspended the construction of the border wall, suspended an executive order that protected the power Grid from Russia and China, killed the keystone pipeline eliminating 70,000 jobs in one day, lack of clear immigration policy that caused the border crisis, proposal of gun reform, the proposal of HR1, saying Chinas has an overall goal and he doesn’t criticize that goal that literally is designed to upend our countries world dominance, dropping sanctions against Iran, getting back into the Paris accord deal without reworking the insane amount of money we pay in comparison to China, rejoining The WHO without reworking the insane amount of money we pay compared to Russia and China. I can literally go on and on. Say whatever you want negative about Trumps personality but his policies put America and it’s people first. These first months have been a absolute disaster from a policy perspective in regards to keeping us safe against our enemies, enriching our economy, making us less dependent on foreign oil, and unifying America and we are headed for destruction. China, Iran, and Russia are absolutely loving this administration!

Last edited:

Gosh, it seems that you didn’t like my post. Heck, even CNN can see that Biden is senile. It is fairly obvious that the press was handling him with care. Do you think Biden is pert and alert? What other president looks down at his notes more than he looks up at the camera?

Yes it is the Royal we, I have been hanging out with Elizabeth II.

It is possible not to like Trump or Biden, but I don’t dislike Biden, I just think he is not a high functioning president, but one closely guarded to cover that. Obama said to never underestimate Biden’s ability to screw things up. Thank you for rewriting my post into WATU talk. Does good government include what is going on at the Southern boarder?

Last edited:
Gosh, it seems that you didn’t like my post. Heck, even CNN can see that Biden is senile. It is fairly obvious that the press was handling him with care. Do you think Biden is pert and alert? What other president looks down at his notes more than he looks up at the camera?

Yes it is the Royal we, I have been hanging out with Elizabeth II.

It is possible not to like Trump or Biden, but I don’t dislike Biden, I just think he is not a high functioning president, but one closely guarded to cover that. Obama said to never underestimate Biden’s ability to screw things up. Thank you for rewriting my post into WATU talk. Does good government include what is going on at the Southern boarder?

You post was ok, but it struck as just more Fox talking points. Biden has done a solid job, so the critique has moved to the ineffable. After a press conference where the President asnswered the questions instead of calling reporters horrible peope and liars,...then the reporters were are hand-picked and soft? Mutual respect was the norm until the last administration. Glad to see a return.

You post was ok, but it struck as just more Fox talking points. Biden has done a solid job, so the critique has moved to the ineffable. After a press conference where the President asnswered the questions instead of calling reporters horrible peope and liars,...then the reporters were are hand-picked and soft? Mutual respect was the norm until the last administration. Glad to see a return.
What world are you living in? Dementia is ruining our country! This has been the worst 60 days in the last 30 years. It’s really disturbing that you don’t see or understand what’s really going on.

What world are you living in? Dementia is ruining our country! This has been the worst 60 days in the last 30 years. It’s really disturbing that you don’t see or understand what’s really going on.
End times are near. It would be hard to top the last four years, much less 30 years.

Reactions: watu05
We anyone would want the press to.be in lockstep with the Government is beyond me. Seems to defeat one of the primary purposes of the press

Reactions: shon46
next up, abolish "right to work". the argument is rtw means for less pay. what's wrong with having a choice and letting the worker decide?

100 days:

gas prices up 50%
go left or else
we rejoin Paris accord. Someone has to pay the bills
trillions upon trillions spent
border crises
rewriting/ignoring the constitution
elimination choice in work
some get stimulus, debt forgiveness and restitution but if you are productive you get the bill
we have blm hosted in the WH
we can fix world wide global warming. just kill our economy.
cops are bad
all guns are bad
non-left is bad
boys can take a girl's roster spot on a sports team

JB meets with dreamers to discuss a pathway to citizenship. A discussion is not necessary. The steps to become a citizen are already in place.

• Haha
I’m exhausted with people whining about rising gas prices. Gas prices were always going to rise as there was nearly no investment in new wells or recompletipns during the pandemic. Several US producing states had literally zero exploration rigs running at one point. And then we had the hack on that pipeline which didn’t help things.

Gasoline is in a supply chain shortage just like a number of other commodities. We were already predicting it in my office the day that spot oil prices went negative last year. It would have been the same under Trump, under Biden, or under Ross Perot.

Last edited:
I’m exhausted with people whining about rising gas prices. Gas prices were always going to rise as there was nearly no investment in new wells or recompletipns during the investment. Several US producing states had literally zero exploration rigs running at one point. And then we had the hack on that pipeline which didn’t help things.

Gasoline is in a supply chain shortage just like a number of other commodities. We were already predicting it in my office the day that spot oil prices went negative last year. It would have been the same under Trump, under Biden, or under Ross Perot.
It has been that way for decades. The oil industry makes a handy target.

Waiting until we see effects from the drilling ban of federal land and any energy taxes before blaming Joe.

Last edited:
Waiting until we see effects from the drilling ban of federal land and any energy taxes before blaming Joe.
I mean, a drilling ban on federal minerals would effect far more projects. Drillers don’t like to put their wells on Fed surface because of the increased annoyance of having to deal with increased wildlife regulations which can be cumbersome.

It has been that way for decades. The oil industry makes a handy target.
There are some things presidents can do that effect oil prices like start or end wars in oil producing countries, or embargo oil producing nations (or lift an embargo) Obama tanked oil prices when he lifted the Iran embargo. Trump propped oil back up by replacing it.

There are some things presidents can do that effect oil prices like start or end wars in oil producing countries, or embargo oil producing nations (or lift embargo) Obama tanked oil prices when he lifted the Iran embargo. Trump propped oil back up by replacing it.
Oil prices were the lowest they had been in decades under Trump as we focused on domestic production over oil imports from the Middle East. Our production and consumption of domestic oil almost bankrupted certain middle eastern countries, severely hurt Russia and Venezuela, and almost destroyed OPEC. That’s the history I know!

Oil prices were the lowest they had been in decades under Trump as we focused on domestic production over oil imports from the Middle East. Our production and consumption of domestic oil almost bankrupted certain middle eastern countries, severely hurt Russia and Venezuela, and almost destroyed OPEC. That’s the history I know!
There was a time in the early 80's when gasoline went to very, very low. This is an example of how quickly things can change. The coal miners in UK went on strike. So the Brits bought lots of crude to use for home heating oil. Yeah but...what to do with the light ends. They dumped it on our east coast. Gasoline prices crashed. It wasn't the Arabs or anyone but our friends doing what they had to do. Lots of older refineries closed and only very few came back. Bunker C was higher than premium gasoline. Massive layoffs in the places that remained, new work rules. I went to Southest Texas for three years.

Oil prices were tanked by Saudi trying to flood the market and protect their market share from US independents (which they more or less did). It had nothing to do with Trump. In fact, the biggest downward pressure by any President recently on the price of oil was Obama ending the Iranian embargo, which Trump reinstated (at the behest of domestic producers who wanted to prop up the price of crude) that’s when Oil tanked in 2014. I’m distinctly aware of that fact because I was looking for a petroleum engineering job at that time.

Covid rebalanced the supply side of the market temporarily, but with rising prices, I’m sure that domestic and international producers trying to work their way out of debt will pump as much high value oil out of the ground as they can and oversupply will return.

Last edited:
Reactions: watu05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT