ADVERTISEMENT

Independence Bowl Game Thread

46 seconds into the game, TU leads 7-0 on run by Brewer.

Still one of the worst defenses I have ever seen. Not sure if defensive talent or coaching but I would be looking for coaching help. Hard to be this bad.

Our defense sucks! Recruiting pitch..."If you can tackle, you can start"!
Email Coach Hurricane Monty at the University of Tulsa.

VA Tech is stacking the box now. Runs are going for a loss as often as +3. Win or lose in the air, until we scare them back out of the box.

VT could yell out its play before every snap and still destroy Tulsa's high school defense.

TU's defensive lack of talent is on Bill Blakenship and the TU Admin that didn't fire his ass a year earlier.

Man coverage on Gerret, we run Langer into an 8 man box for 1. I will never get that. Why, God, why do we do that so often.

Then a smart play away from that front and we score.

I think if we had Coach Wojcik's defense that we could win this game!!!

This reminds me of the UTEP game from 2008, 28-28 at the end of its first quarter.

VT could yell out its play before every snap and still destroy Tulsa's high school defense.

TU's defensive lack of talent is on Bill Blakenship and the TU Admin that didn't fire his ass a year earlier.
First time I have ever agreed with Bigzit

The 2 teams just set an Independence Bowl record of 460+ yards of total offense in the 1st quarter...

Rushing works best for VT. Their QB looks like Cody Green.

OK...

15 yard cushion on 3rd and 8 is retarded. Yes...the dreaded R word.

Also, wildcat IS ALWAYS A RUN. It. Is. ALWAYS. A run. Spy the snap man and tackle him.

Defense fail. The massive cushions have been a year long trend. Lack of speed compensation? Have to imagine if I see it, our coaches do.

Why is our DB 15 yds off the LOS on a 3rd & 8 vs the only WR who can catch?

Seriously, we all needed to ask Santa for some DBs in this recruiting class. 4-5 guys who can play next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT