ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota (5-7) paying QB $30k to play in bowl game.

This probably means the end of the current college bowl game configuration.

I hope Minnesota gets drilled and that the qb has a terrible game so that they just wasted 30k

Nope , I always cheer against “ P5” schools . They are the ones that are ruining college football with all of this “ NIL” crap. I’m also one of those that thinks college and NFL coaches make way too much anyway .
LOL, don't hate on the poor Gophers too much. They're much closer to us than they are to Ohio State or Michigan.

The Gophers are like these two guys, they exist only to give entertainment with their deaths.

John-Wick-3a.jpg-2000-1427.jpg

LOL, don't hate on the poor Gophers too much. They're much closer to us than they are to Ohio State or Michigan.

The Gophers are like these two guys, they exist only to give entertainment with their deaths.

John-Wick-3a.jpg-2000-1427.jpg
That’s pretty good 😂

Before you know it , watch teams start “ renting out “ their back up qbs for a week to other teams … surly not , but I didn’t think we would ever end up the way things are now either 😂

Gophers are just a bunch of lovable losers! FIU transfer "commits" to Minnesota on Monday and flips to Louisville on Friday. I especially like this from his Twitter post "I’d like to thank Minnesota for giving me the opportunity to be a part of their program. " LOL. Tho in his defense the Gopher DC did leave and they've had some other guys decommit.

But seriously, without competitive balance rules, there will be 10 - 15 super programs and a bunch of Washington Generals. And then a different group that is more similar to true amateurism, where we will be. The "amateur" college teams will have a provision in their scholarships that if a player leaves to go to a "pro" college team, then the player has to repay their scholarship. Which the "pro" college team would pay for him. And then you have a paid promotion program and drboobay will have his wish.

FIU transfer defensive lineman Jordan Guerad decommits from Minnesota, quickly commits to Louisville

Last edited:
Gophers are just a bunch of lovable losers! FIU transfer "commits" to Minnesota on Monday and flips to Louisville on Friday. I especially like this from his Twitter post "I’d like to thank Minnesota for giving me the opportunity to be a part of their program. " LOL. Tho in his defense the Gopher DC did leave and they've had some other guys decommit.

But seriously, without competitive balance rules, there will be 10 - 15 super programs and a bunch of Washington Generals. And then a different group that is more similar to true amateurism, where we will be. The "amateur" college teams will have a provision in their scholarships that if a player leaves to go to a "pro" college team, then the player has to repay their scholarship. Which the "pro" college team would pay for him. And then you have a paid promotion program and drboobay will have his wish.

FIU transfer defensive lineman Jordan Guerad decommits from Minnesota, quickly commits to Louisville
just a big 5 bottom freeder.

just a big 5 bottom freeder.
Yeah, and also counterintuitively firmly middle of the pack in the Big 10. How does a superleague work where half or more of the teams are bottom feeders with no hope of anything else other than a flash in the pan year or two every couple decades?

Yeah, and also counterintuitively firmly middle of the pack in the Big 10. How does a superleague work where half or more of the teams are bottom feeders with no hope of anything else other than a flash in the pan year or two every couple decades?
coattails

One of my tinfoil hat friends is convinced the portal is timed the way it is to slowly erode the public’s interest in bowls and disrupt gambling on them.

They will never go away on their own. They are too popular and they all make money. But if you want a 24 team playoff or more, you can’t have the PopTarts Bowl outperforming first round games. So you have to kill the bowls first without upsetting the public.

So goes the theory anyway.

Reactions: TulsaAM
One of my tinfoil hat friends is convinced the portal is timed the way it is to slowly erode the public’s interest in bowls and disrupt gambling on them.

They will never go away on their own. They are too popular and they all make money. But if you want a 24 team playoff or more, you can’t have the PopTarts Bowl outperforming first round games. So you have to kill the bowls first without upsetting the public.

So goes the theory anyway.
Kill the bowls.

Before you know it , watch teams start “ renting out “ their back up qbs for a week to other teams … surly not , but I didn’t think we would ever end up the way things are now either 😂
I am looking forward to roster trades and prospect (commit) swaps

Reactions: chito_and_leon
As long as there's plenty of football over the break, nobody cares about the bowls. Except the cities where they're held - and the congressmen who represent the districts where those cities are located and have hearing powers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT