ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (2.5.20)

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
Good day yesterday as Boise State and Colorado State got wins. Arkansas almost pulled it off against Auburn but fell just a little short. Colorado State had a 10 point win so it pushed it up now to a Q2 for us. Now we just need them to maintain or push forward. Lots of games left but I don't see them getting under 50 for a Q1. We just need them to maintain pace.

TU plays tomorrow and we have 1 conference game today. We need Memphis and Vanderbilt to win today.

Todays Games

AAC Games

Temple (103) at Memphis (50)

Rest of GOI

Houston Baptist (345) at Southeasten Louisiana (340)
Louisiana State (23) at Vanderbilt (170)

NET Rankings Through February 4

Houston (33) Up 1
Wichita St (37) Up 1
Cincinnati (47) Down 1
Memphis (50) No Change
Tulsa (60) Up 1
SMU (71) Up 1
UConn (88) Down 2
Temple (103) Up 1
South FL. (119) Up 1
UCF (122) No Change
Tulane (173) No Change
ECU (223) Up 1

Quadrant Tracker

Q1

Win

none

Loss

Arkansas (A) - L (35)
Cincinnati (A) - L (47)

Q2

Win

Houston (H) - W (33)
Memphis (H) - W (50)
UConn (A) - W (88)
Wichita State (H) - W (37)

Loss

UT Arlington (A) - L (118)
Kansas State (A) - L (77)
Colorado State (N) - L (96)

Q3

Win

Oral Roberts (H) - W (143)
Austin Peay (H) - W (136)
Vanderbilt (A) - W (170)
Boise State (H) - W (93)
Temple (H) - W (103)
ECU (A) - W (223)
Tulane (A) - W (173)

Loss

None

Q4

Wins

Houston Baptist (H) - W (345)
Southeastern LA (H) - W (340)
South Carolina State (H) - W (325)
Arkansas Pine Bluff (H) - W (344)

Loss

Arkansas State (H) - L (202)

TU plays tomorrow and we have 1 conference game today. We need Memphis and Vanderbilt to win today.

Houston Baptist (345) at Southeasten Louisiana (340)
Louisiana State (23) at Vanderbilt (170)

Vanderbilt is one of many schools I can claim as an alma mater, and is my favorite basketball school outside of TU.

So it is with a heavy heart that I say: Good luck with that. I'd settle for losing by less then ten, or whatever the NET cuttoff is for "blowout".

Reactions: loca2874
Our Mountain West opponents snatching a win versus San Diego State would be nice.

Our Mountain West opponents snatching a win versus San Diego State would be nice.
Boise lost to them pretty bad in San Diego a couple weeks ago. They have them in Idaho soon and then San Diego State will play Colorado State in San Diego. If they can both come out with a win that will be huge.

Vanderbilt is one of many schools I can claim as an alma mater, and is my favorite basketball school outside of TU.

So it is with a heavy heart that I say: Good luck with that. I'd settle for losing by less then ten, or whatever the NET cuttoff is for "blowout".
DONT SMASH MY DREAMS YOU DREAM KILLER LOL

Reactions: cmullinsTU
drboobay said:

Boise lost to them pretty bad in San Diego a couple weeks ago. They have them in Idaho soon and then San Diego State will play Colorado State in San Diego. If they can both come out with a win that will be huge.
[/quote]
I won’t hold my breath for those to happen. San Diego St is one of the best teams in the country let alone the MWC. It’s sort of like Gonzaga in the WCC, just head and shoulders above the rest of their respective conferences.

I won’t hold my breath for those to happen. San Diego St is one of the best teams in the country let alone the MWC. It’s sort of like Gonzaga in the WCC, just head and shoulders above the rest of their respective conferences.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean they cant be beaten. Gonzaga has lost to WCC opponents

DONT SMASH MY DREAMS YOU DREAM KILLER LOL

Never mind, saw a score from last time they played. I'll hope for the best, but Vandy is terrible this year, while LSU is pretty good.

Vandy lost "the streak" just a couple of weeks ago. Before two weeks ago, Vandy was the only team in the nation to have scored a three pointer in every game since the three-point rule was initiated. But two weeks ago, they went 0-26! It wasn't for lack of trying, at least.

Last year, they were the first SEC team to go winless in conference play in over 65 years. They might do it again this year.

Three years of Bryce Drew was a death penalty for a once proud team. No idea how he managed to destroy the program so efficiently, it was almost a Phillips-esque collapse.

Last edited:
Up by 6 with 8 min left
Here's hoping....

Memorial Gym is a hard place to play, for sure. Weird orientation of the benches under the baskets, and the student section right where the visitor bench "should" be, with nothing between the Memorial Maniac section and the court but about three feet. Also, the floor is elevated well above the courtside seats, so you feel like you are on a pedestal above a bunch of screaming fans. The front row courtside seats have your head about even with the playing floor.

With a late lead or a close game, Vandy does have a decided home court advantage. Come on, Dores!

Wow. 99-90. Crow, I will dine on you tonight. And enthusiastically, I might add!

The SEC record 700+ day conference game winless streak is ended with a win over first place and nationally ranked LSU. Go figure.

Stackhouse inherited a mess this year. But he knows how to coach, that much is clear.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Wow. 99-90. Crow, I will dine on you tonight. And enthusiastically, I might add!

The SEC record 700+ day conference game winless streak is ended with a win over first place and nationally ranked LSU. Go figure.

Stackhouse inherited a mess this year. But he knows how to coach, that much is clear.
They had Kentucky on the ropes for 3/4 of their game over the weekend as well.

They had Kentucky on the ropes for 3/4 of their game over the weekend as well.
Yeah, I discounted that because Vandy always shows up for Kentucky. Kind of like ORU has a habit of showing up for TU. But this... makes a pattern. Enough for me to imagine a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

That could also bump Vanderbilt to a Q2.
I don’t know, 170 to 135 would be a heck of a leap. Only winning by 9 vs 10, which keeps it out of blowout territory, will affect their bump also.

I don’t know, 170 to 135 would be a heck of a leap. Only winning by 9 vs 10, which keeps it out of blowout territory, will affect their bump also.
Good point. but all of this is a mute point if we dont take care of business tomorrow BEAT UCONN

MOV is a bonus point, efficiency is a bigger factor. Also they beat number 23, but it's at home.

Also teams like Creighton, Iowa, and LSU who are in front of WSU, Houston, and Memphis losing means those teams will move up and so will we.

Even more important the team stay focused on the next game every day.

I just looked again and your right 35 would be too much to ask. but I am with ctt, I think they get close to 150 with that big of a win. I am hoping they can put together a couple more

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT