ADVERTISEMENT

Etou & Brown now officially part of Tulsa program

Exactly like it did this year with the possibility of Birt getting some minutes if he can knock down a three.

I think we see Taplin getting quite a bit of time (maybe from Curtis) . Birt will have to be more aggressive or he is simply another Rep out there. Brown might redshirt with all our Seniors on the team. The key continues to be which if any of the bigs will have a break out year. We have seen spurts of brilliance from Wright and Swannegan but nothing that has persisted. This is their last chance. Also the last chance for Harrison to start shooting more from mid range and making them. He has done everything else. Those three are the keys IMHO. Wild Card is TK...

Reactions: GoldandBlew
If you are a guard and you have trouble knocking down outside shots you automatically become less of a factor in the game and can even become a liability. As a guard you have to be able shoot otherwise why are you in game in the first place. Think you know whom I referring to.

I agree Eye, or at least I did until Shaq went on that 7 or 8 game tear where he was just KILLING people at the rim. I'm more inclined to think that Shaq never fully recovered from that ankle sprain and wasn't at 100% to finish the year. I agree he needs to hit some of those open shots, but I highly doubt he's gonna change.

Shaq develops the midrange, Birt hits 3s and wright takes a giant leap - Sweet Sixteen!

Well a good thing is Kajon Brown can hit shots from outside

I think Brown will RS though.

I don't care about Harrison's mid range jumper. It's not like we run him off of many curls, and I wouldn't trust him with a mid range step back even if he was hitting his shot pretty regularly.

Bottom line is, 3 pointers are far and away more productive than mid range jumpers if you can shoot a respectable percentage. It's that way in the NBA, and since the line is closer in college, they become even more effective.

Shaq just needs to keep the defense honest next season by making a couple 3's a game without bricking a bunch. I can't tell you how many times I heard the opposing coaches telling their team "HE CAN'T SHOOT OUTSIDE!!!!!" when the players let him drive. If he keeps his man near him, he can switch gears and blow right to the rim. If his man sags off, he's in trouble.

I think Brown will RS though.

I don't care about Harrison's mid range jumper. It's not like we run him off of many curls, and I wouldn't trust him with a mid range step back even if he was hitting his shot pretty regularly.

Bottom line is, 3 pointers are far and away more productive than mid range jumpers if you can shoot a respectable percentage. It's that way in the NBA, and since the line is closer in college, they become even more effective.

Shaq just needs to keep the defense honest next season by making a couple 3's a game without bricking a bunch. I can't tell you how many times I heard the opposing coaches telling their team "HE CAN'T SHOOT OUTSIDE!!!!!" when the players let him drive. If he keeps his man near him, he can switch gears and blow right to the rim. If his man sags off, he's in trouble.

Teams learned how to play Shaq by the end of the year. Sag off him outside and let your bigs inside block him at the rim. Until he develops an outside shot, teams will cheat and not defend him honestly. They don't have defend him honestly if he is no outside threat. He has to develop an outside shot. Or I can his PT decreasing this next season.

Teams learned how to play Shaq by the end of the year. Sag off him outside and let your bigs inside block him at the rim. Until he develops an outside shot, teams will cheat and not defend him honestly. They don't have defend him honestly if he is no outside threat. He has to develop an outside shot. Or I can his PT decreasing this next season.

Shaq will continue to be a huge part of the equation next year. With or without a consistent jump shot. He does way too much for us. We all want him to be able to make a jumper, but it hasn't happened yet, and he's still pretty good.

Possible, but that's not the current plan. Coach Haith told me today that he thinks Brown could help this season.
Kind of agree with Harmon on Brown, he could see some playing time early on. Personally I think brown could wind up being this classes best recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT