ADVERTISEMENT

ESPNNews

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Do the games broadcast on this channel typically show up on the watch espn app?

Also whats our radio affiliate in OKC?

No affiliate in okc.

I have to find a good spot to receive krmg if not near a tv.

AAC needs to get a deal signed with Sirius XM like other conferences.

Originally posted by jesterondirt:

Yes on the the app and watchespn website.
I was able to watch the ECU game on my iPad at our cabin. Usually a great feed on 4G or better.

Originally posted by noble cane:
No affiliate in okc.

I have to find a good spot to receive krmg if not near a tv.

AAC needs to get a deal signed with Sirius XM like other conferences.
Many schools in the AAC have games carried on SiriusXM, but I think it is only the schools who are part of IMG Sports Network.

I would imagine the AAC has plans for this in the near future, exposure is always at the top of Aresco's list.

TX

See the below link for the current Radio Affiliates.

TX

TU Radio

Thanks everyone. My wife is have a procedure in OKC Wednesday morning so we're driving down and staying the night tomorrow. I highly doubt our hotel will have espnn and it's possible we will be driving during the game anyway.

Thanks everyone. My wife is have a procedure in OKC Wednesday morning so we're driving down and staying the night tomorrow. I highly doubt our hotel will have espnn and it's possible we will be driving during the game anyway.
Good Luck to your wife Jester.

GO TU!!!!

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Then Learfield needs to get the TU stuff on XM.
The SMU / UH game played last saturday was on one of the Sirius/XM ESPN channels, and SMU's radio rights are carried by Learfield. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with the AAC's deal with Espn or Learfield. There are only a select amount of channels available for college sports broadcasts and I have no idea how the process of getting air time works. Even the major program have inconsistant sat radio coverage.

I would think the most feasible option would be for the conference to purchase the air time.

TX

I went to the Sirius XM website to look at the schedule for broadcast games... there were 2 Tulsa games listed between now and Feb 8th... SFU @ TU and SMU @ TU.... both were the away team broadcast.

Lots of AAC games on the listing.. just very few Tulsa..

SiriusXM has a lot of channels they are not using this time of year in the absence of MLB.. Perhaps a deal could be worked to broadcast more of our games. It cant be that hard to direct a feed to a channel that is just broadcasting "MLB returns to this channel 4/1/15"

My trusty old slingbox has come in handy at times when on the road. Just tune into the Cox krmg channel, 980 now, on the smartphone with sling app, to hear Bruce.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by noble cane:

I went to the Sirius XM website to look at the schedule for broadcast games... there were 2 Tulsa games listed between now and Feb 8th... SFU @ TU and SMU @ TU.... both were the away team broadcast.

Lots of AAC games on the listing.. just very few Tulsa..

SiriusXM has a lot of channels they are not using this time of year in the absence of MLB.. Perhaps a deal could be worked to broadcast more of our games. It cant be that hard to direct a feed to a channel that is just broadcasting "MLB returns to this channel 4/1/15"
Yes, I believe all USF games are on Sirius/XM, and I thought it had something to do with their IMG Sports Network broadcast rights, however SMU is a Learfield property so it might be more about the school and not the broadcast rights holder.

If anyone really wants to find out why TU broadcasts are not on sat radio, the best bet is to contact Bruce Howard.

bruce-howard@utulsa.edu

TX

This post was edited on 1/27 10:12 PM by texcane1982

Bruce Howard, Director of Broadcasting

Last nights PBP/analyst team were terrible. It was almost as if they didn't pay any attention to any notes about any players other than the stars. Heck the production crew was awful as well. At one point when TK stepped to the line they put Swannegan's stats for the game up. In the last minute of the game Ray steps to the line and the "former Auburn star" proudly starts running off Smith's career and struggles with injuries, etc. Sorry guy, wrong Rashad. They mispronounced Swannegan's name...first rule of PBP is getting the name right and if you're unsure you ask the SID's office. ESPN needs to do a better job of who they're going to hire.

Ya, they really got confused on the Rashads.

I did like the piece about Ray and drums though!

I use an app called Bat Crack Radio for the mac that delays the radio broadcast. You basically plug in a walkman - style radio into your microphone in on your computer, and then get out your stopwatch app (or count it in your head) from when Bruce says "good" (as far as a basket is good) until you see it happen on your screen. You punch in that value into the app and then you're good to go to turn down the radio. I have DirecTV and the delay is consistently as much as 14 seconds.

don't get me wrong, love the coverage from ESPN. These ESPNnews Analysts for all the games aired on that station are pretty tough to listen to...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT