ADVERTISEMENT

EPL Table

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
OK, I never look at the EPL table until Feb. 1.

Anyone think there is much chance for movement at the top?

How about your bottom three?

I'll say this....Liverpool has made great strides moving into the top 8 after spending the early part of the season in the bottom half of the table. I really like Brendan Rodgers. Liverpool has made some quality moves to provide more scoring punch.

I forgot about your love for LFC.

Take note that Marc Pelosi, an 18 year old American, is now training with their first team, as of this week.

Pelosi

Originally posted by HuffyCane:

Take note that Marc Pelosi, an 18 year old American, is now training with their first team, as of this week.
Yeah, I was a bit upset when the Dempsey deal fell through with LFC, but the moves they have made during the season are turning out great. Suarez playing off an aggressive Daniel Sturridge appears to be a brilliant combo.

Looks like the same ole, same ole Arsenal. Wenger must really love 5th and 6th place.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
Looks like the same ole, same ole Arsenal. Wenger must really love 5th and 6th place.
LOL...I can't stand that guy for some reason. Do you guys watch Goals on Sunday on FSC? They are always talking about Wenger.

Originally posted by HuffyCane:

Seem like you've mentioned that kid to me before when we were talking about promising young Americans. So at 18 years old, is there no worry at this point that he would play for Germany rather than USA? Did he have to make that decision before 18...or is it 21? I can't remember.

Hard to say.

He was born in Germany, but he played youth ball in CA. He got his opportunity to sign with Liverpool through his play with USA U-18s. I remember when he signed with Liverpool, eyebrows were raised when he claimed his role model was Michael Ballack.

Having Klinsman as the coach probably helps the US's chances on capping him. He is currently playing for Tab with the U-20's and Ramos is pretty high on him.

His defense and tracking back have to get better before he features as a starter for the senior team, but we said that about Juan Agudelo two years ago expecting him to be the starter by now, so who knows. Maybe in 2015 they can craft something for him as a supersub out wide with a holding midfielder behind him.

As you might remember from other posts, Ive been really high on Will Bruin for awhile, since his Indiana days. I'm convinced if he was a half step faster, he would be a multimillionaire. Canada's defense against Denmark was horrible. Granted, these are all B team players, but if Will comes on in the second half he should see the net at least once, maybe twice.

I hope he wasnt added to the squad just to sell tickets. He's one of maybe 5 players I've seen live as a fan where I honestly felt physically ill thinking back to my playing days and thinking about the matchup problems and how to defend the size, vision, and quickness. And I've been to my fair share of EPL games on the lower terrace.

The game is tomorrow at 8pmCT on ESPN2.

This post was edited on 1/28 8:59 AM by HuffyCane

Pelosi broke his leg in a reserve match. Return uncertain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT