ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina

Both of those teams are true top 25, not just in the bizarro COVID world. Physicality in the trenches, good QBs who open playbooks up, and both are apparently well coached teams. In an effort to match the physicality of some opponents (BYU, KState, etc.) they may take it too far but they have to show teams they’re not backing down just because of the name or logo on the helmet.

Both of those teams are true top 25, not just in the bizarro COVID world. Physicality in the trenches, good QBs who open playbooks up, and both are apparently well coached teams. In an effort to match the physicality of some opponents (BYU, KState, etc.) they may take it too far but they have to show teams they’re not backing down just because of the name or logo on the helmet.
I agree both are top 25 teams as is LaLa. taking off my Gold tinted glasses I believe TU would win against all 3 most of the time but they would be difficult games.

Also I think the Sunbelt has passed CUSA in football strength at least for this year. CCU, LaLa, App St, Ga St and next year’s member Liberty would finish near the top of CUSA. UAB, La Tech, Marshall and UTSA are the only schools that could compete with them. Does the SBC still take partial qualifiers?

I agree both are top 25 teams as is LaLa. taking off my Gold tinted glasses I believe TU would win against all 3 most of the time but they would be difficult games.

Also I think the Sunbelt has passed CUSA in football strength at least for this year. CCU, LaLa, App St, Ga St and next year’s member Liberty would finish near the top of CUSA. UAB, La Tech, Marshall and UTSA are the only schools that could compete with them. Does the SBC still take partial qualifiers?
Yes. But so does the ACC. And I believe the Big Ten recently allows it now as well. Turns out Nebraska can’t win unless they agree to take great players nobody else can sign. Somebody will need to check that for me though.

AAC prohibits it. But when you look at what it takes to qualify now, you have no business at TU, SMU, Tulane, or Temple if you can’t qualify.

MWC has an interesting policy. If you fail to qualify out of high school you are permanently ineligible. No prep school, junior college or other rehab permitted. Not sure that’s a just policy in ACC/SBC country where it’s sometimes the school’s fault, not the kids lack of ability or diligence.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
CoVid made the distinction between rating and ranking apparent. Probably 50 teams rate the Top 25. Some ranked dont actually rate (Marshall).

But we rank the ones that rate and determines who belongs. It’s pure opinion. And that’s what makes the sport interesting. If I want a clear winner, I’ll go watch yachting or something.

Throw those teams together with three out of the four best programs,(of these teams) Southern Miss, FAU, Arkansas St, N Texas. That would be a real contender conference.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT