ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina

Very chippy. Two good teams with mobile QB’s.

I tend to dislike liberty more than coastal. As far as the BYU qb situation goes, while it was unnecessary, it was absolutely a taste of BYU’s own medicine. They’re an incredibly dirty program who has a rep for cheap shots, late hits, and other nonsense. So I have I hard time knocking coastal TOO much for that.

Daughters have commandeered TV.

Still hope Coastal loses. But not watching.

No problem with coastal.

Coastal has something we dont... an NCAA championship.. in baseball.

Beat the fighting falwells.

I tend to dislike liberty more than coastal. As far as the BYU qb situation goes, while it was unnecessary, it was absolutely a taste of BYU’s own medicine. They’re an incredibly dirty program who has a rep for cheap shots, late hits, and other nonsense. So I have I hard time knocking coastal TOO much for that.

Yeah I didn’t really hate Coastal beating up on the QB either. I guess it means I’m ok with “dirty” play, but QBs are football players and to me are fair game when they throw a pick.

Last edited:
Most ridiculous way to lose a game of all time. Tops that Cal/Stanford weird voodoo. Absolutely, the craziest way to lose of all time.

Did the RB actually reach the ball backwards on purpose?

You kneel in 1st down. Run clock. But... you score on 2nd. Seems like the RB did not know what he needed to do - poor coaching it seems.

Craziest loss since Rifleman fumbled the ball away for Ampipe and Walnut Heights won that thriller back in 1983. If this stands.

You kneel in 1st down. Run clock. But... you score on 2nd. Seems like the RB did not know what he needed to do - poor coaching it seems.
Yeah. Weird deal. You move off the hash to the middle on first down. You victory on second. Then kick on third down in case there’s a bad snap and need to cover it and call time out. Take your chances with them having a few seconds on the clock.

It looked to me like the RB unintentionally got the ball over the line. The ball was falling backward and looked like it hit the paint.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I never realized how dirty BYU was until I had former players from both TU and OU tell me they were shocked what they get away with and the way they do it it’s like they practice it or at least are instructed on what to do. The nut punching in the pile is routine apparently. Other stuff too. I had been a fan for a decade when I learned that so I still follow them. The games are almost always entertaining. But it was a dose of their own medicine. But that one triple sack was excessive. There was intent to injure.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It looked to me like the RB unintentionally got the ball over the line. The ball was falling backward and looked like it hit the paint.
That’s what I thought too. I would love to know the story how Coastal Carolina suddenly became this favored program. They must be setting up ESPN producers with coeds or something.

That’s what I thought too. I would love to know the story how Coastal Carolina suddenly became this favored program. They must be setting up ESPN producers with coeds or something.
Strange story but started with hiring a HC (previous not current) who was former CEO and Chairman of a big brokerage house (TD Waterhouse IIRCC). He still throws money into the program and ESPN likes the story of the up and comer.

I was rooting for Liberty until they pulled that cheap crap trying not to score late in the game. If you have the opportunity to score, you score. Otherwise, you deserve to lose.

I was rooting for Liberty until they pulled that cheap crap trying not to score late in the game. If you have the opportunity to score, you score. Otherwise, you deserve to lose.
Boise almost got burned on that by Tulsa back in 2003. BSU led 20-14 with a minute left. TU had no time outs. They had the ball at the 3. They could have victoried and won. They ran it up the middle and scored. 27-14. TU took the touchback then Kilan found Romby Bryant on a wheel route for an 80 yard score. 27-21. TU nearly recovered the onside kick and might have won.

After the game, the media gave Coach Hawkins the business for running up the score and not taking a knee. He replied that Martin Luther King didn’t take a knee. Gandi didn’t take a knee. And he wasn’t going to take a knee. Classic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT