ADVERTISEMENT

Afghanistan 2021...

This article is from July 26. Two weeks later, the Taliban had taken Kandihar a strategic focal point for the Afghans and the US. Air support wasn't winning the war at that time.

Here's a question... If American troops were fighting for their homes and the safety of their families, do you think they would give up even if they lost support of their airforce? Heck the Germans (famously dependent on Luftwafa support) kept fighting for months after we had control of the skies in WWII and many of those were young kids and old men.

I just don't believe that the Afghan army had the discipline or the desire to fight the Taliban. Many of them were simply bribed to leave their positions.
I’m not going to defend the Afghan forces. They were awful. I would like to know why that’s what we had after 15 years of training and billions of dollars. What I am saying is if you look at the topography around Kabul there are very few areas to hide armor. There is little chance the Taliban could advance into the city without being cut down by US gun ships and choppers. Don’t believe they would even try. Why suffer those casualties when you can wait two weeks and enter the city unopposed.

Now that there is bipartisan pressure on the Biden administration to get our Afghan supporters and staff out of out of Afghanistan, will there be bipartisan support for allowing them to settle in the US?

Reactions: TU 1978
Now that there is bipartisan pressure on the Biden administration to get our Afghan supporters and staff out of out of Afghanistan, will there be bipartisan support for allowing them to settle in the US?

Wish there was but probably not. As I told my Biden-loving mother in law, I’m mad at Dems now but a month from now I’ll be mad at Republicans because there will be some saying not to take these people. Tucker Carlson is already doing his normal jackass routine. There are some rational reasons to be hesitant. There are some pretty gross cultural norms over there for example and a small but real terrorism threat, but to me it’s a no brainer to take as many as possible. Vast majority will not make us regret taking them

This full thread gives you a pretty good idea about how this is not simply “second guessing.” It’s people involved and on the ground noticing that ridiculous decisions are being made.

Poker is good, but it doesn’t involve any allies. Also bridge’s game mechanic is more complex.

NF3
You gotta realize.. allies are only worth what you pay for them... even granny's partners sold her out when the chips were down and the money was good... poker is all about survival and guile; and maybe a couple of ringers in the game.

NxE4

You gotta realize.. allies are only worth what you pay for them... even granny's partners sold her out when the chips were down and the money was good... poker is all about survival and guile; and maybe a couple of ringers in the game.

NxE4
Guile comes into any game where you're betting / trading assets. Poker is less skill and more chance.

D3

If they are making that offer, then take advantage of it while they haven't changed their mind.

There should be a quick move back with whatever is the minimum of equipment and forces necessary to secure Kabul. And while you are at it, take out as much of our equipment that we left functional as is possible. Do it with as many strategic strikes as is possible and safe, right before we leave. It would be a nice kiss goodbye.

If Biden leaves it to them, then Biden compounds many bad decisions with another colossal bad decision.

Last edited:
If they are making that offer, then take advantage of it while they haven't changed their mind.

There should be a quick move back with whatever is the minimum of equipment and forces necessary to secure Kabul. And while you are at it, take out as much of our equipment that we left functional as is possible. Do it with as many strategic strikes as is possible and safe, right before we leave. It would be a nice kiss goodbye.

If Biden leaves it to them, then Biden compounds many bad decisions with another colossal bad decision.

Ship’s sailed on that. We left it to them and got a lot of people killed. We’ll just pretend there’s nothing we could have done different though

Ship’s sailed on that. We left it to them and got a lot of people killed. We’ll just pretend there’s nothing we could have done different though
Yep, we played it like they had hoped and dreamed in all their fantasies.

We are leaving behind American's who live in the US that were in Kabul visiting family. Truly a sad and maddening situation.

We are leaving behind American's who live in the US that were in Kabul visiting family. Truly a sad and maddening situation.
Some of the Americans being left behind are staying of their own violation either because they don’t want to leave their families, or they feel some alignment with the Taliban and don’t feel threatened.

That of course is going to be the spin if people get killed. "They wanted to stay."

Going to be some ugly press if family members of dead Americans contradict the Admin claims.

Going to be some ugly press if family members of dead Americans contradict the Admin claims.
I don’t disagree. Though there could be multiple motivations for someone saying that.

I suppose the state department should keep pretty detailed records of trying to get known Americans to return and the Americans declining.

Some of the Americans being left behind are staying of their own violation either because they don’t want to leave their families, or they feel some alignment with the Taliban and don’t feel threatened.

I realize that my comment was about American families who went to see family and are now stuck. I was watching CNN this morning when I posted that comment. Clarissa Ward mentioned a few families they had spoken to who had gone to the airport multiple times but were unable to get through and onto an airplane.

I realize that my comment was about American families who went to see family and are now stuck. I was watching CNN this morning when I posted that comment. Clarissa Ward mentioned a few families they had spoken to who had gone to the airport multiple times but were unable to get through and onto an airplane.
That’s curious. The state department mentioned that the last few flights didn’t even have Americans on them because Americans didn’t get to the Airport. The administration needs to reiterate that repercussions against left behind American citizens will be met with force.

Just thought I would share that this person was alive and attached by a harness. There are images of him waiving to people below. He was trying to attach a flag to the top of a building.

Good news. Taliban play time will result in several crashes inshalla

Reactions: astonmartin708
E-JgAbaXoAQdb9c

Refugees are generally GREAT people to add to your community. They are mostly motivated and grateful to have a new life. And they likely endured hardship and showed good judgment and perseverance to leave a bad situation. So they are largely pre screened on character.

Refugees are generally GREAT people to add to your community. They are mostly motivated and grateful to have a new life. And they likely endured hardship and showed good judgment and perseverance to leave a bad situation. So they are largely pre screened on character.
Well, the states that look like they’re refusing also have sparse populations and a forth of firearms if we feel that these refugees might have potential for violence.

Well I think we have our share of firearms here in OK as well:)

Really surprised those bloodthirsty jihadists are acting like bloodthirsty jihadists

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT