ADVERTISEMENT

đź“ť Larry Lewis Game Recap -- TU pulls away from Wichita State

Always fun to play Wichita State. Especially when TU wins. The atmosphere at the TU-Wichita State games is always better than most TU games.

Conferences should be about geographic, traditional rivals. So much of that is lost today.

Great 2nd half effort.

That was the kind of “growth” game that I’ve been looking for from Konkol and team. Grinding all the way back from a big deficit and finally making the right decisions consecutively to take over the game at the end. You could tell the players could feel it too.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Always fun to play Wichita State. Especially when TU wins. The atmosphere at the TU-Wichita State games is always better than most TU games.

Conferences should be about geographic, traditional rivals. So much of that is lost today.

Great 2nd half effort.
I loved the old Valley.. WSU, both ISU's, Creighton, Drake, bradley, so illinois.. great hoops..

Reactions: Larry Lewis
The old Valley was terrific. I remember the talent in the 1970's and 1980's. Obviously, the 1960's was even better with Oscar Robertson, but that was before my time.

The 1985 NBA draft had two of the top players from the Valley - Benoit Benjamin and Xavier McDaniel. Harris was also a 1st rounder that year. Really strong basketball then.

Reactions: noble cane
The old Valley was terrific. I remember the talent in the 1970's and 1980's. Obviously, the 1960's was even better with Oscar Robertson, but that was before my time.

The 1985 NBA draft had two of the top players from the Valley - Benoit Benjamin and Xavier McDaniel. Harris was also a 1st rounder that year. Really strong basketball then.
Larry Joe Bird..

I was there.. fabulous

Reactions: Weatherdemon
The CBS game of the week in 1985 ( No other games on TV). Wichita State at Tulsa with Billy Packer on CBS. Assembly Center sold out for weeks.

Nostalgia is not making me feel better about this embarrassing performance
Getting crushed on the road by FAU and SMJ was expected
But Wichita is a mediocre team

I was there in a blue and gold striped Polo sweater

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT