ADVERTISEMENT

📝 Larry Lewis Spring Game Recap

Interesting that Malachi Jones moved to Safety at his request due to the depth at Receiver.
Was surprised to see Ethan Hall is back for another year. Good to have him back. Seems like he's been here long enough to have finished two college eligibilities.

Last edited:
Amazing what seeing the ball can do for a player. The much-hyped, athletic dynamo Presley has too many drops last season.

“I did have pretty bad eyes, that I didn't realize," Presley said. "So I went to the eye doctor, and they were like, 'do you have contacts?', and I said, yeah, but I've never worn them.

"So, I put them on in the spring, and I've been catching the ball a lot better. It helped a lot more than I thought it would."

THE POOR GUY WAS BLIND! No wonder he couldn’t catch anything !

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Interesting that Malachi Jones moved to Safety at his request due to the depth at Receiver.
Was surprised to see Ethan Hall is back for another year. Good to have him back. Seems like he's been here long enough to have finished two college eligibilities.
Huh, I thought Jones just graduated. It's not like we're short on cornerbacks either. At the moment I think we've got 13 including jones.(Unless 1 or 2 have moved to CB.) Wonder if he's playing at free safety?

Same with Anthony Watkins

I wish we could have had a roster. I assumed # 20 was Jackson, he was a disruptor on the first team defense, then # 13 at receiver was Ballard I believe, tall, strong, and fast enough to cause trouble for defenses.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Agreed on all points!

Reactions: TUMU
I wish we could have had a roster. I assumed # 20 was Jackson, he was a disruptor on the first team defense, then # 13 at receiver was Ballard I believe, tall, strong, and fast enough to cause trouble for defenses.
Correct on both. I need to send Chris a copy of the roster. I didn't get one until right after the game was over. You could definitely tell 20 and 13 can play.

Reactions: Oak775
Amazing what seeing the ball can do for a player. The much-hyped, athletic dynamo Presley has too many drops last season.

“I did have pretty bad eyes, that I didn't realize," Presley said. "So I went to the eye doctor, and they were like, 'do you have contacts?', and I said, yeah, but I've never worn them.

"So, I put them on in the spring, and I've been catching the ball a lot better. It helped a lot more than I thought it would."

THE POOR GUY WAS BLIND! No wonder he couldn’t catch anything !
Can't believe that some coach didn't figure that out earlier and assign a trainer to put those things in his eyes before he ever walked on a field.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Can't believe that some coach didn't figure that out earlier and assign a trainer to put those things in his eyes before he ever walked on a field.
I was thinking to myself when he caught some passes on Saturday, “ he must have really been working on catching the ball this off-season “ when in reality , he could just actually see the ball now 😂

I was thinking to myself when he caught some passes on Saturday, “ he must have really been working on catching the ball this off-season “ when in reality , he could just actually see the ball now 😂
It's crazy that it's that simple... I found out my eyes were bad in seventh grade when I was in band and the director noticed I was squinting at music and not tracking quickly. Short call to dad and I've been in glasses for the last 42 years... Damn lucky that when we were playing neighborhood football and baseball that I didn't get clocked and my nose flattened.

Huh, I thought Jones just graduated. It's not like we're short on cornerbacks either. At the moment I think we've got 13 including jones.(Unless 1 or 2 have moved to CB.) Wonder if he's playing at free safety.
Jones was good at fighting for the ball as a WR. He might be a good safety.

Jones was good at fighting for the ball as a WR. He might be a good safety.
Yeah? I was just wondering if he plays nickel, free, or strong. I don't understand what you are pointing out.

I since looked at the rosters more, and I think we are around 10, not 13 on Safety's.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT