ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 News/Notes Spring Practice -- Tulsa QB Update

I'm kind of worried we don't have as strong of a 4th string qb as last year. A couple of injuries, and that could matter. It mattered last year. I'd be interested in who wins out among our walk-ons.

Kirk Francis will kind of be a Cinderella story if he blows up into a legit D-1 QB.

Hope he has a great year.

I like Cardell Williams as well.

Looking forward to huge improvement in QB play this year.

GO TU!!!!

• Love
Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
I'm kind of worried we don't have as strong of a 4th string qb as last year. A couple of injuries, and that could matter. It mattered last year. I'd be interested in who wins out among our walk-ons.
It will be fine. Even if the true fresh isn’t ready, it will be OK. Granted, I’m a fan and have only seen a few practices, but if Kittleman was four inches taller, he’d be the starter at OSU right now. He might not have a complete game, and the play book likely changes to make lanes and give him looks because of his height, but just in terms of arm, he’s the best pure passer on the team imo.

If you want to worry, worry that teams haven’t figured out Francis with a year to scout and he either has more game than we’ve seen or he made significant strides this summer.

Agree it would be a Disney movie if he ends up all conference.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It will be fine. Even if the true fresh isn’t ready, it will be OK. Granted, I’m a fan and have only seen a few practices, but if Kittleman was four inches taller, he’d be the starter at OSU right now. He might not have a complete game, and the play book likely changes to make lanes and give him looks because of his height, but just in terms of arm, he’s the best pure passer on the team imo.

If you want to worry, worry that teams haven’t figured out Francis with a year to scout and he either has more game than we’ve seen or he made significant strides this summer.

Agree it would be a Disney movie if he ends up all conference.
Francis is a stud. The poise he played with was amazing and he's only going to get better. We found our next Paul Smith.

• Love
Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
I'll 'wait till his sophomore season to be comparing him to somebody at the level of Paul Smith. He's only played four games with last years roster.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I’m hoping you are right, but Brin was poised and accurate as well. Given time to set up for him, they were able to scheme against his weaknesses (and the lack of WR help). Francis has work to do.
Don't we all.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I’m hoping you are right, but Brin was poised and accurate as well. Given time to set up for him, they were able to scheme against his weaknesses (and the lack of WR help). Francis has work to do.

I don’t know how much of it was scheming. He put the ball up for grabs consistently throughout his career. Even in his miracle game against Tulane he could have easily had three interceptions.

I don’t know how much of it was scheming. He put the ball up for grabs consistently throughout his career. Even in his miracle game against Tulane he could have easily had three interceptions.
Totally agree. And he would have, had Tulane had time to set up for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT