ADVERTISEMENT

2 Tulsa Players With Coronavirus

80 statewide deaths when the Tulsa County Health Dept is predicting 1300 for Tulsa County alone.

We’re doing pretty good at staying home.
It’s far worse than the flu and infections have been far less what was expected due to citizen action but, far worse than what it should have been had leadership acted in a more timely and organized fashion.

We’re doing pretty good at staying home.
It’s far worse than the flu and infections have been far less what was expected due to citizen action but, far worse than what it should have been had leadership acted in a more timely and organized fashion.
Agreed... Chinese leadership really screwed up...

Reactions: 4tu2 and HuffyCane
Thank you to all the front line workers. Though the virus has directly effected several friends and family members of mine, I am tremendously grateful to those individuals who continue to work and put their lives on the line in service to others.

Thank you for all that you do.

We didn’t need Chinese numbers to know this was coming. If you put your faith in Chinese facts to guide the US reaction to anything, you may be a part of the problem.
And considering NYC's first case was tied to Italy, the debate and blame over whether it's all China's fault needs to stop. I will concede we do not know what information the Chinese government MAY be withholding from the world. Funny thing is, if the world did find out would it really matter? It's not like China really needs any other country to help them with anything. They pretty much have the resources to hunker down and weather any "embargo" the western world might want to throw at it. And the leaders in Europe and North America are really to blame. We know our government slow played any plan to save the economy on the front side. The admin knew in November and really did nothing until February, so 3 months, at a minimum, of inaction. EVEN if the only thing they did at that time was tell mask and PPE and ventilator manufacturers to ramp up production to be ready for this from a medical response standpoint. Every local government waited for the Fed gov't to initiate a plan of response and it did not. CA was the first state to really hit this hard with stay at home orders. CA with a similar population density as NYC in multiple metro areas has not see the type of infection rate or mortality rates as NYC.

People debate over what the role of the Fed. gov't is. It was a great debate by the founding fathers as well. John Adams, Hamilton, etc. were of the conviction that a strong central gov't was essential to the survival of a nation. Jefferson was on the opposite side but that opposition at the time was always tied to slavery and the southern states dependency upon it for their economic well being. At the very least, the fed gov't has a role in allaying the concerns of its citizens. FDR during WWII, Kennedy during the Bay of Pigs, Reagan during Iran Hostage, W during 9/11. You may not have agreed with the politics of any or all of those men during the crises they faced, but they did so with a calm demeanor, at least in public, and I think that helped the entire nation as a whole. What has this admin done to equal what those men were able to do in terms of allaying the fears of the American people?

Reactions: Weatherdemon
And considering NYC's first case was tied to Italy, the front side. The admin knew in November and really did nothing until February, so 3 months, at a minimum, of inaction. EVEN if the only thing they did at that time was tell mask and PPE and ventilator manufacturers to ramp up production to be ready for this from a medical response standpoint. Every local government waited for the Fed gov't to initiate a plan of response and it did not. CA was the first state to really hit this hard with stay at home orders. CA with a similar population density as NYC in multiple metro areas has not see the type of infection rate or mortality rates as NYC.

People debate over what the role of the Fed. gov't is. It was a great debate by the founding fathers as well. John Adams, Hamilton, etc. were of the conviction that a strong central gov't was essential to the survival of a nation. Jefferson was on the opposite side but that opposition at the time was always tied to slavery and the southern states dependency upon it for their economic well being. At the very least, the fed gov't has a role in allaying the concerns of its citizens. FDR during WWII, Kennedy during the Bay of Pigs, Reagan during Iran Hostage, W during 9/11. You may not have agreed with the politics of any or all of those men during the crises they faced, but they did so with a calm demeanor, at least in public, and I think that helped the entire nation as a whole. What has this admin done to equal what those men were able to do in terms of allaying the fears of the American people?
Are you just biased or misinformed? The studies you are referring to, which haven’t been peer reviewed, claim that many of the early cases in NYC came from Italy, not the first one, but the study doesn’t deny and explicitly states it originated in China. In any case, most of the early NYC cases from Italy were actually Chinese nationals barred from direct travel from China who purchased airfare to Western Europe and then a flight on to JFK after a 24 hour stay in the EU, which was briefly permitted before the obvious problem with that was closed with the travel ban.

Reactions: quincy101
Those people in Italy became infected from people from CHINA. China sealed off travel from Wuhan to every part of China BUT allowed travel from Wuhan to everywhere else in the world. WHO along with their China buddies were still stating that there was no evidence of human to human transmission headed into the last half of January.

NYC obviously has issues with population density. However, there have been other densely populated cities who haven't seen near the infection or fatality rate as NYC. Part of the spread was due to leaving the subways open to the general public. Part of their high fatality rate was the state requiring nursing homes take covid-19 positive patients. I imagine there will be lawsuits regarding the latter.

Reactions: quincy101
We've come a long way since Henry and I argued about 4,700 or 6,000 deaths in the US. But I've been proven 100% correct on my larger point - that people in our everyday lives & the internet don't know d&ck. People hear stuff on Maddow or Hannity and actually think they know stuff. Not just some stuff, ALL the stuff. And they go off spouting back what they heard but they don't know d&ck. So when you see people talking about this made it worse or that made it better or this is going to happen next, just remember that the answer you get from your Magic 8 Ball is likely to be a lot better...

Anywho, I for one am hoping the virus actually does die in heat and we can have something kind of like normal for a few months. I hope I'm wrong but I expect it to come back meaner and madder and worse in the fall, with a full "flu season" to do its work. It's been a tricky little sucker, I don't think it will go quietly. Good to see the Gilead drug actually might help, but boo to the reality that there probably won't be any "game changers", just somewhat better tools in the doctors' toolkit. I actually got caught up in the "game changer" hype so this makes me sad. States are vastly ramping up testing, not sure that's the most efficient route to get it done but hey, at least someone's doing it. And hopefully having this thing once will actually mean you can't get it again. At the end of the day, there's a whole lot more we don't know than we do know, though you wouldn't guess it from the internets.

In the meantime, I saw in the paper that a local pork plant is looking for homes for a bunch of hogs they can't process. With the pounds empty, if you need a friend to keep you company in lockdown... Apparently they make excellent whiteboards for your Zoom calls.
1200x814.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT