ADVERTISEMENT

2 Tulsa Players With Coronavirus

Let's be honest...at the rate of new cases, it is likely there were a large number of cases beforehand and they likely occurred in people who were relatively healthy and felt like they had a cold. They went in public because we all deal with colds. They passed it on. Governments overseas made a point of an aggressive campaign to try to keep it in check. Testing for the virus readily available, quarantines, etc. Yes, the health care systems in those countries are overwhelmed right now. Our health care system could care less. Tests are not easily available to give people the knowledge they are infected and contagious so they can take the necessary measures to protect others.This goes away only when the pig headed idiots understand that going into crowds (malls, movie theaters, etc.) is a risk of contracting the disease and then being a carrier and passing it on.

I am not a germaphobe by any stretch. I get my flu shot every year mainly because I don't want to risk getting my kids sick. But there seems to be a somewhat flippant mentality about it because a certain someone labeled it a hoax. I understand more people die annually from the flu. That doesn't mean this virus is a hoax. There's a difference between not letting something like this create fear in you and telling everyone it will be OK, but there's some things we need to do, and "I could be a hoax".

Be smart. Be safe. Keep others safe.

I certainly have my opinions, and I don’t really feel like adding them here. I am on the frontlines, as a doctor whose practice is limited to nursing homes. So I’m getting the latest direct correspondence from the CDC and CMS, and have been receiving it for a long time.

But for everything that is holy, a ‘certain someone’ didn’t call the virus a hoax. Listen to the full quote. This makes me absolutely insane.

I certainly have my opinions, and I don’t really feel like adding them here. I am on the frontlines, as a doctor whose practice is limited to nursing homes. So I’m getting the latest direct correspondence from the CDC and CMS, and have been receiving it for a long time.

But for everything that is holy, a ‘certain someone’ didn’t call the virus a hoax. Listen to the full quote. This makes me absolutely insane.
No, he said that the Democrats were making it worse than it was and that would be gone after 15 days and that the Democrats were hoping people would die to hurt his chances in the election. You can be a Trump worshipper but at least be an honest Trump worshipper.

Sure thing bro. Whatever you wish to believe.

Last edited:

They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early. We went early, we could have had a lot more than that. We’re doing great. Our country is doing so great. We are so unified. We are so unified. The Republican party has never ever been unified like it is now. There has never been a movement in the history of our country like we have now. Never been a movement. So a statistic that we want to talk about, go ahead. Say USA. It’s okay. USA. So a number that nobody heard of, that I heard of recently and I was shocked to hear it, 35,000 people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that? 35,000, that’s a lot of people. It could go to 100,000, it could be 27,000. They say usually a minimum of 27, goes up to 100,000 people a year die. And so far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States. Nobody. And it doesn’t mean we won’t and we are totally prepared. It doesn’t mean we won’t, but think of it. You hear 35 and 40,000 people and we’ve lost nobody and you wonder the press is in hysteria mode. CNN fake news and the camera just went off, the camera...

He certainly did call it a hoax. He bragged about how well prepared the country was for this and about how, at that point, no one had died yet.

exposed and in quarantine. No confirmation they have it.
They weren’t even definitely exposed to it. They might have been exposed to someone who was exposed to it. I don’t believe the case should have ever been made public because at the time the news was reported, the original female still hadn’t been confirmed positive by the CDC. Everything I’ve seen says “presumptive positive” which is not the same.

“He” did call it that. Sounds like he may have already been exposed to the “hoax” and has probably become a propagator for disease vectors for others.

Ok. I am recovering from a hip replacement so I really don’t feel like arguing this. Here is Snopes, certainly no friend of the right:

“In context, Trump did not say in the passage above that the virus itself was a hoax. He instead said that Democrats’ criticism of his administration’s response to it was a hoax.”

But again, believe what you want. We live in an age where we all self-select our news, and nothing changes our minds. So cheers to you.

all I care about is to no whether they were cleared. The rest belongs on the crossfire board.

Ok. I am recovering from a hip replacement so I really don’t feel like arguing this. Here is Snopes, certainly no friend of the right:

“In context, Trump did not say in the passage above that the virus itself was a hoax. He instead said that Democrats’ criticism of his administration’s response to it was a hoax.”

But again, believe what you want. We live in an age where we all self-select our news, and nothing changes our minds. So cheers to you.
In context, that's not at all what he said. Though I could forgive someone for incorrectly interpreting Trump.... since he incoherently rambles like a racist uncle at a Thanksgiving dinner.

Oh yeah he’s a huge racist too. Gosh you’ve got him figured out. Congrats.
You seem to be having trouble understanding metaphors and similes. I said he rambles "incoherently, like a racist uncle at a thanksgiving dinner", which would mean his assertions aren't coherent. Not that he's racist. (although the history of his business practices might suggest such)

I do understand similes and metaphors. Thanks for confirming my comment in your last statement.

Reactions: kcarzoli
On the news 3 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Tulsa, TU was not mentioned as a place where the virus has been confirmed.

On the news 3 confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Tulsa, TU was not mentioned as a place where the virus has been confirmed.
And one of those individuals died a day after his test was confirmed for COVID-19. The slow playing of this by government officials at all levels, lack of available and efficient testing services is likely going to kill more people in this country than China and Italy combined. If anyone has seen the Spring Break beach situation in Florida, it’s pretty ridiculous that the governor or local authorities didn’t shut that down.

Yesterday, 12 new cases in Oklahoma. Day before 7. Day before 3. My guess is today we see 20-25 new cases. The next 35-40. It’s not quite exponential but there’s also no way of knowing how many people are running around with it who never become symptomatic and passing it on.

Stay safe friends

Reactions: TU Sepp
How many kits for ovid19? And how many kits do we need for all the other viruses? What is the shelf life of a test kit?

And one of those individuals died a day after his test was confirmed for COVID-19. The slow playing of this by government officials at all levels, lack of available and efficient testing services is likely going to kill more people in this country than China and Italy combined. If anyone has seen the Spring Break beach situation in Florida, it’s pretty ridiculous that the governor or local authorities didn’t shut that down.

Yesterday, 12 new cases in Oklahoma. Day before 7. Day before 3. My guess is today we see 20-25 new cases. The next 35-40. It’s not quite exponential but there’s also no way of knowing how many people are running around with it who never become symptomatic and passing it on.

Stay safe friends

Person was being treated for double pneumonia for several days. Tested for Corona the day before death.

TU_BLA said:

Stay safe friends

Person was being treated for double pneumonia for several days. Tested for Corona the day before death.
[/quote]
But the double pneumonia was likely brought on by the respiratory distress caused by the virus. The fact they waited so long to test him is a testament to how f*cked up the government’s response has been. The density of the population in a place like South Korea with how quickly they responded and how they responded would have been a good road map for every country in the world to use as guidance.

I think I saw somewhere that Oklahoma has 100 coronavirus test kits in the entire state.

TU_BLA said:

Stay safe friends

[/quote]
So th person who died was a former coworker from my days at ORU. He was a good guy. Always had a smile. Met some impossible landscaping demands despite having 1/3 the budget he really needed to do the things the administration wanted.

RIP Merle

Reactions: TUMU
But the double pneumonia was likely brought on by the respiratory distress caused by the virus. The fact they waited so long to test him is a testament to how f*cked up the government’s response has been. The density of the population in a place like South Korea with how quickly they responded and how they responded would have been a good road map for every country in the world to use as guidance.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t the lack of testing him more on the doctors than state or federal government? If they suspected corona they should have tested if for no other reason to avoid spread. The doctors never suspected the virus until the end. He should have been immediately isolated and then tested as pneumonia is a key signal.

How many kits for ovid19? And how many kits do we need for all the other viruses? What is the shelf life of a test kit?
It’s a new virus, there were no test kits available. If the country of origin would have been more forthright, the scientific community would have been much further along in development of the test and related treatment options. Thus, shelf life? Who knows...

It’s difficult to ramp up for something that has no history and limited information.

Plus...we are a free society. Harder for the government to take coercive measures. Decentralized federal system.

I will take that trade-off.

Reactions: HuffyCane
It’s a new virus, there were no test kits available. If the country of origin would have been more forthright, the scientific community would have been much further along in development of the test and related treatment options. Thus, shelf life? Who knows...

It’s difficult to ramp up for something that has no history and limited information.
Actually we turned down WHO test kits, that had shown to be accurate, because they had not been through the FDA approval process, that was a ridiculous decision.

Also, it's pretty stupid to think that China would be transparent about anything. We sure as hell aren't.

Actually we turned down WHO test kits, that had shown to be accurate, because they had not been through the FDA approval process, that was a ridiculous decision.

Also, it's pretty stupid to think that China would be transparent about anything. We sure as hell aren't.
In a better world, the Chinese would be more transparent. Even if we aren’t willingly transparent with n this country there’s always a leak that brings our secrets to the public eye. In China that gets you quietly disposed of, so the incentive isn’t there. Here, you a hero when you leak information whether it be for better or worse.

Love or hate the FDA, but they are in place to assure the safety of the things that enter our bodies. It would be beneficial if their wheels didn’t always turn so slow, but I appreciate the safety net they provide.

The CDC had roughly half a million test kits on hand....which is one of the reasons they turned down the WHO kits. Turned out those kits were faulty and all were scrapped. Leaving us with a test shortage. I have yet to hear a good explanation from the CDC as to why those tests were all bad.

The CDC had roughly half a million test kits on hand....which is one of the reasons they turned down the WHO kits. Turned out those kits were faulty and all were scrapped. Leaving us with a test shortage. I have yet to hear a good explanation from the CDC as to why those tests were all bad.
Look at the countries in Asia who’ve gotten this under manageable control. S Korea and Japan were both super aggressive in their government responses, isolation mandates, isolation treatments, and shelter in place orders. Their rate of transmission flattened out really quickly. The US and it’s slow playing this now has the fastest diagnoses rate increase of all the countries reporting cases. We’re about 40% increase in number of cases daily. The rest of the world, China and Italy included are about 33%. China’s rate has reached its plateau.

Ask yourself why this happened here? I have to believe with a different leader at the top, with our medical tech and a cohesive national response, we have probably hit the plateau by now and are on the way back to normalcy. Sorry, the “just wash your hands more” strategy as the only strategy is not a winning one. Isolation is they only way to prevent these things from blowing up. We slow played it, the markets tanked and Trump and cronies will be done in November because of it. Short of giving every American $10k dollars, he’s done barring super efforts from Russia and Saudi Arabia to fix the election.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Look at the countries in Asia who’ve gotten this under manageable control. S Korea and Japan were both super aggressive in their government responses, isolation mandates, isolation treatments, and shelter in place orders. Their rate of transmission flattened out really quickly. The US and it’s slow playing this now has the fastest diagnoses rate increase of all the countries reporting cases. We’re about 40% increase in number of cases daily. The rest of the world, China and Italy included are about 33%. China’s rate has reached its plateau.

Ask yourself why this happened here? I have to believe with a different leader at the top, with our medical tech and a cohesive national response, we have probably hit the plateau by now and are on the way back to normalcy. Sorry, the “just wash your hands more” strategy as the only strategy is not a winning one. Isolation is they only way to prevent these things from blowing up. We slow played it, the markets tanked and Trump and cronies will be done in November because of it. Short of giving every American $10k dollars, he’s done barring super efforts from Russia and Saudi Arabia to fix the election.

There are significant cultural difference between the US and South Korea and Japan. A much better comparison would be Europe. Let’s see how those countries respond and make that comparison.

That said....we have real problems in NYC and California. NYC due to population density and California due to their huge homeless population (among other things). 1.8M people rode the NYC subway on Weds. That’s obviously not going to work.

As I’ve previously stated, the CDC needs to answer questions about the faulty tests. There’s absolutely no excuse for our top government doctors and scientist not being able to produce a viable test. The WHO waited far too late to declare a pandemic and failed to advise countries to close their borders to China. I believe we were the first country to deny entry. The WHO should have recommended quarantining China in January. Lots of missteps in hindsight.

Curious...what specifically did Trump fail to do? He certainly cut off travel from China before anyone else. Might use our response to the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic as a measuring stick.

Last edited:
Trump fired the CDC's virus response unit, whatever it was called, early in his administration. Then he repeatedly branded the epidemic a hoax, despite his aides' warnings.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Trump fired the CDC's virus response unit, whatever it was called, early in his administration. Then he repeatedly branded the epidemic a hoax, despite his aides' warnings.

Trump didn’t “fire” anyone. The rear admiral did leave his position and wasn’t replaced and another individual left under Bolton. I do agree that not replacing them isn’t a good look.

His comments have been all over the place (like they always are). However, he’s too arrogant to let Pence and Fauci to run the pressers. I’m still unsure what specific actions he should have taken? He was obviously very aggressive on the travel ban. He declared a state of emergency when we had 20 or so deaths. Likely the earliest on record when dealing with a pandemic. I believe we waited until there was well over 1000 dead in 2009. The problem imo is the lack of test kits along with the attitude of a large portion of Americans.

Reactions: kcarzoli
Thought this was interesting. Why Italy has more deaths than Korea. I think cities and states stepped into the void from lack of federal leadership for the early places. Strong federal leadership might have helped reduce spread into the stage 2 and 3 states but most of them acted pretty quickly too. If we see a lot of cases outside Washington, California and new york, those will be on the feds. Mayors snd governors prevented a disaster when the feds were saying it was just the flu.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/opin...oronavirus-survivability-sepkowitz/index.html

TU_BLA said:

There are significant cultural difference between the US and South Korea and Japan. A much better comparison would be Europe. Let’s see how those countries respond and make that comparison.

That said....we have real problems in NYC and California. NYC due to population density and California due to their huge homeless population (among other things). 1.8M people rode the NYC subway on Weds. That’s obviously not going to work.

As I’ve previously stated, the CDC needs to answer questions about the faulty tests. There’s absolutely no excuse for our top government doctors and scientist not being able to produce a viable test. The WHO waited far too late to declare a pandemic and failed to advise countries to close their borders to China. I believe we were the first country to deny entry. The WHO should have recommended quarantining China in January. Lots of missteps in hindsight.

Curious...what specifically did Trump fail to do? He certainly cut off travel from China before anyone else. Might use our response to the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic as a measuring stick.
[/quote]
Trump failed to defer to actual medical experts in the early going. You don’t appoint a Bible thumping Boy Scout to lead your response team. You pick the head of the CDC in conjunction with the leader of the NIH to formulate a plan to curb the spread, get testing and resources to where they need to go, etc. trump has to be center stage at all times. He has to be the one who gets credit, he has to be in front of the camera. Every time he steps to the mic, the market drops another 1000 pts. Direct correlation to the lack of confidence people have in Trump’s ability to actually lead. Today he was asked a question about what he could say to the American people to allay their fears. His response was “you’re a terrible reporter”. The question wasn’t phrased rudely, didn’t seem to be a botch type of question. Same question was asked of Pence later and he responded appropriately and rather reassuring.

TU_BLA

What did the “medical experts” advise which wasn’t done? Fauci / CDC has been on this from the beginning. We can argue they failed in some areas btw. We declared a national emergency after 20 deaths. We cut off China before anyone else. What wasn’t done which the CDC advised? I’m not disputing his messaging is awful. However, I’m referring to his actual actions.

The individual state’s action (such as NY and California) are largely left up to the individuals states and then supported by the Fed’s. Those areas have a life and death crisis on their hands and those actions were necessary imo.

Last edited:

Trump failed to defer to actual medical experts in the early going. You don’t appoint a Bible thumping Boy Scout to lead your response team. You pick the head of the CDC in conjunction with the leader of the NIH to formulate a plan to curb the spread, get testing and resources to where they need to go, etc. trump has to be center stage at all times. He has to be the one who gets credit, he has to be in front of the camera. Every time he steps to the mic, the market drops another 1000 pts. Direct correlation to the lack of confidence people have in Trump’s ability to actually lead. Today he was asked a question about what he could say to the American people to allay their fears. His response was “you’re a terrible reporter”. The question wasn’t phrased rudely, didn’t seem to be a botch type of question. Same question was asked of Pence later and he responded appropriately and rather reassuring.
Not trying to be rude or offensive TUBla, but I've noticed you seem to have problems with quoting over the last two or three weeks? What changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT