ADVERTISEMENT

Youth soccer club

Blitz 06 boys beat Baton Rouge SC today 2-0 in semis. My son said the 2nd half was rough for Blitz going into a 20 mph wind the entire half so a lot of defending. Blitz scored their goals within the first 5 min of each half.

They'll play Miami Fusion who beat the NC Rush team 3-2. My son said they watched the end of that game and the ref added 8 min of stoppage time to the 2nd half. (Stoppage time beyond a minute or 2 in youth games at any level is really rare). Miami team seems to be capable scoring but they've also conceded a fair number of goals. The Blitz team conceded 1 goal in each of the 1st 3 games and none today. The goal against in the first game was just a really good goal. Came off a corner which was actually well marked and a player made a nice play to redirect a header into the far side. Goals in games 2 and 3 came from nice individual efforts to break down a defender and thus get the back line out of shape. My son said the game today the team never had a clean look at goal. The defense has been playing pretty well as a unit. Always a good thing and you've got an All State 6A GK behind them to clean up any messes.

I expect Blitz to play a little freer tomorrow. A trophy is on the line but knowing you've already got your spot for nationals wrapped up reduces some of the pressure.

Blitz 06 boys beat Baton Rouge SC today 2-0 in semis. My son said the 2nd half was rough for Blitz going into a 20 mph wind the entire half so a lot of defending. Blitz scored their goals within the first 5 min of each half.

They'll play Miami Fusion who beat the NC Rush team 3-2. My son said they watched the end of that game and the ref added 8 min of stoppage time to the 2nd half. (Stoppage time beyond a minute or 2 in youth games at any level is really rare). Miami team seems to be capable scoring but they've also conceded a fair number of goals. The Blitz team conceded 1 goal in each of the 1st 3 games and none today. The goal against in the first game was just a really good goal. Came off a corner which was actually well marked and a player made a nice play to redirect a header into the far side. Goals in games 2 and 3 came from nice individual efforts to break down a defender and thus get the back line out of shape. My son said the game today the team never had a clean look at goal. The defense has been playing pretty well as a unit. Always a good thing and you've got an All State 6A GK behind them to clean up any messes.

I expect Blitz to play a little freer tomorrow. A trophy is on the line but knowing you've already got your spot for nationals wrapped up reduces some of the pressure.
Good to see. Good luck. Sounds like a fun end-of-the-club ride.

Good to see. Good luck. Sounds like a fun end-of-the-club ride.
Absolutely. And the team is getting to hang out a lot with the early game times and only 1 game per day. They went bowling last night, today they're at an indoor go kart facility and then going to dinner. There are a lot of kids who were HS seniors so this is a good way to end your club soccer career. My son's old TSC team was down there as well. They got drubbed in their 3 games. And it doesn't resemble the team he played on...lots of kids brought in from other places the last 2 tournaments. I recognize maybe 3-4 players and the others were all "ringers". Sucks for them. Some good kids on that team that got driven off in chase of wins

There were 3 TSC teams and 1 blitz team, but they are the hottest club in America losing to Jackson MS regularly 7-1.
At least 3 of the 4 Blitz teams in this regional are headed to nationals after today's results. The 2010s lost to a Rush team 2-1 today and will miss out.

At least 3 of the 4 Blitz teams in this regional are headed to nationals after today's results. The 2010s lost to a Rush team 2-1 today and will miss out.
Was hoping the 2010 girls would make it. Lots of friends still on that team. They’ve lost so many girls over the past few years to TSC, WSA and even BA Express. Any success is welcome. Great group of kids and parents.

I see where the 2009 girls are in the finals. Ironically, the two best 2010s at Blitz play up with the 09s.

Was hoping the 2010 girls would make it. Lots of friends still on that team. They’ve lost so many girls over the past few years to TSC, WSA and even BA Express. Any success is welcome. Great group of kids and parents.

I see where the 2009 girls are in the finals. Ironically, the two best 2010s at Blitz play up with the 09s.
I know a girl who plays on that team. She frequently plays up with the 2009s in tournaments and some league games. My wife found it odd she's not planning on playing soccer at Bixby next year and will run cross country/track instead.

My son said there are 7 finals being played today and 6 out of the 14 teams in those games are from OK. The USYS Southern Region goes from Florida up to North Carolina and all the states west through Texas (Missouri and Kansas not included). I know there were teams from FL, SC, TN, NC, AL, MS, LA, AR, OK, and TX. I don't know if KY is part of this region or not.

UPDATE: Blitz 06 Boys lead 2-0 over Miami Vipers with about 5 minutes left. <Knock on wood to not jinx it> This team has played tremendous defense the last 2 days, and all weekend really minus a few disinterested minutes in their blowout win on Sunday.

WINNER WINNER!!! 2-0 final. The team from Miami had only conceded 2 goals all weekend coming in and I believe in group play didn't concede any goals and had a goal differential of +8. My son said he saw the last few minutes of their game yesterday and they were a quality side. This is a really good win for this group from Blitz. My son's competitive club career started with a State Cup win at TSC and now ends with a trip to a national tournament. Glad he gets to have this experience.

WINNER WINNER!!! 2-0 final. The team from Miami had only conceded 2 goals all weekend coming in and I believe in group play didn't concede any goals and had a goal differential of +8. My son said he saw the last few minutes of their game yesterday and they were a quality side. This is a really good win for this group from Blitz. My son's competitive club career started with a State Cup win at TSC and now ends with a trip to a national tournament. Glad he gets to have this experience.
Congrats. What a great way to cap off his soccer journey. Always fantastic to see Oklahoma teams having success in these types of tourneys.

Hoping to see more success of Oklahoma teams in ECNL going forward. I believe one TSC girls team qualified for ECNL nationals this year while Energy had a couple. Would love to get those numbers up.

Congrats. What a great way to cap off his soccer journey. Always fantastic to see Oklahoma teams having success in these types of tourneys.

Hoping to see more success of Oklahoma teams in ECNL going forward. I believe one TSC girls team qualified for ECNL nationals this year while Energy had a couple. Would love to get those numbers up.
TSC 2007s are making that trip. That's a really good side. Don't know how they fare normally but I know a number of those girls have already committed to play D1 college soccer. I believe the 2007 TSC boys are going to San Diego for ECNL playoffs as well. My son played with the center back on the 2012 State Cup team. That player was playing up a year because his dad didn't want him playing for Donny Carreno....too much politics going on with that group he said.

Good luck in playoffs. I know the players really want to win but at the end of the day, the experience with their teammates and families will be the thing that sticks with them for life. I've been seeing pictures of my son with the team the last couple of days and the genuine joy on his face during the activities and hang out time is priceless for me.

TSC 2007s are making that trip. That's a really good side. Don't know how they fare normally but I know a number of those girls have already committed to play D1 college soccer. I believe the 2007 TSC boys are going to San Diego for ECNL playoffs as well. My son played with the center back on the 2012 State Cup team. That player was playing up a year because his dad didn't want him playing for Donny Carreno....too much politics going on with that group he said.

Good luck in playoffs. I know the players really want to win but at the end of the day, the experience with their teammates and families will be the thing that sticks with them for life. I've been seeing pictures of my son with the team the last couple of days and the genuine joy on his face during the activities and hang out time is priceless for me.
The 2007 TSC NL girls are a really good side. Most of the girls who went to Energy came back this past year and boosted the quality of that team.

Last years NL nationals in San Diego was an amazing experience for my kid. Hard to describe the scene to people who haven’t been there. College coaches everywhere. Nike, Addidas, etc…all there with huge tents the girls can go in and talk to the reps, get fitted for cleats, etc.. The best girls in the country all in one spot. It’s a special experience.

Not expecting much as far as results this year. Told my daughter that she gets to play against the top two teams in the country in the next several days. There will be lots of eyeballs on those games. What a great opportunity to show scouts and US Soccer that you belong in that upper tier. Concentrate on your performance. Seize the day.

Happy for your son to play in a national tournament. He will remember this experience for all his days. Now go win it :).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT