ADVERTISEMENT

An odd thought about AAC Tournament

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
An odd thought landed in my mind. The University of Tulsa’s chances to win the AAC tournament, while thin, are better than they have been in several years, mainly due to parity and the elimination of Houston from the field. Chances for TU are still around 6-9%, but with Houston in the tournament it was always around 3-5% One team gets hot like Houston at the BOK several years ago and you have a big upset. Should be the most fun AAC tournament in years to attend.

I’ve been thinking about it but for me it’s a sizable investment with airfare, hotel and rental car in addition to tickets. TU will have to prove to me that they can win on the road first.

An odd thought landed in my mind. The University of Tulsa’s chances to win the AAC tournament, while thin, are better than they have been in several years, mainly due to parity and the elimination of Houston from the field. Chances for TU are still around 6-9%, but with Houston in the tournament it was always around 3-5% One team gets hot like Houston at the BOK several years ago and you have a big upset. Should be the most fun AAC tournament in years to attend.
Seems like there is a lot of parity in the league and there are 7-8 teams that could get hot and win it.

I can appreciate the optimism, but most projection sites have us between 1-2% odds to win the AAC Tourney this year.

Reactions: loca2874
Mainly because TU could actually win a game or two depending on which one shows up. The road TU or the home TU. If the home TU shows up for 3 (maybe 4 games) they could be dangerous. Or we could flame out in the 1st round with an effort like the ones vs Charlotte and SMU. We play like we did against Memphis and there will be some nervous top seeds.

Reactions: I.I.
Yes no one wants to see our name next to theirs. We go in with our Freshmen getting 12 more games of experience before then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT