ADVERTISEMENT

William and Mary

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
7th in Nation in FG% really good here

281st in Rebounding ******* Our biggest advantage

Dixon shoots 46 % from the three and Thornton 41% (Beware here) Top 10 in NCAA D-1 *****

Lost to # 1 seed Richmond by 1 at Richmond ****

Lost to # 1 seed ODU by 7 at ODU ***

But lost at College of Charleston..***

We should talk with Doug about a scouting report. He played them last year :)
This post was edited on 3/15 8:54 PM by I.I.

Aside from Seosu our worse lost at home was to
No 33 Cinncy

Web site says tickets first come first served... No empty corporate blocks this time.

Guard heavy but they are big guards. We should be able to switch picks and defend on the perimeter as our size should match up well. Our advantage will be on the boards and our defense. They shoot it well but they give up points and rebounds. We have to be prepared and I think Haith will have us ready. The players have to execute and I hope they take not making the NCAA tourney personal and use it as motivation! I predict a 12 point win 69-57

I believe that we will struggle big time in this game... no matter what anyone says this team and coaching staff has to be very disappointed the way the last 2-3 weeks of the season has played out. That being said if we can get our heads straight and get past this first game we have the talent to go to New York and win it all! I will be there Tuesday evening to support this team!

Who cares about RPI or statistics? I just want to know what their SOS was...

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
Opens at TU -6.5 Smaller than I anticipated
Sucker bet. NIT 1st round games usually see the higher seeds generally disinterested in playing that first game and the games are unusually close or even upsets (see Kentucky losing to Robert Morris a couple of years ago). The mystery with the number is no one knows for sure if TU shows up or tanks.

2001 we tanked for most of the game and Harrington came out and encouraged everyone at the under 16 time out of the second half and the crowd and players woke up. 1981 did not need any awakening from the players...the whole town was at the ticket office wanting tickets.

Its sad to sad to say but we will be very fortunate if we have 3000 fans at the game tomorrow evening. Everyone is on spring break around the Tulsa area. I hope sure I am wrong.

Originally posted by loca2874:
Do we know how many tickets have been sold so far for this game?
I checked about an hour ago. Looked to be less than 20% sold so far.

If we can sale 2,000 more tickets, will ESPN raise our BPI?

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
I counted around 2100 gray dots an hour ago.
Are you doing an hourly count of gray dots? That would be more fun than listening to Phoggy which is really getting old.

Originally posted by I.I.:
Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
I counted around 2100 gray dots an hour ago.
Are you doing an hourly count of gray dots? That would be more fun than listening to Phoggy which is really getting old.
If you want even more fun, there were also several yellow dots currently being reserved. It was like magic!

I counted about 2200 gray dots in the lower level. I didn't count the upper level. I suspect we will have about 3,000 - 3,500 but with the tickets being first come first serve it'll be much louder than a regular season 4,500 attendance. The problem is there will likely be very few students.

Originally posted by cmullinsTU:
I counted about 2200 gray dots in the lower level. I didn't count the upper level. I suspect we will have about 3,000 - 3,500 but with the tickets being first come first serve it'll be much louder than a regular season 4,500 attendance. The problem is there will likely be very few students.
CBI was loud because of new people sitting close to floor. No empty seats. I still wonder if 114 is being held out because the first 15 rows dots turned gray at once when it opened. Usually there are scattered spaces. Bet they are still holding corporate seats.

Question: Do are parking passes still work? Don't really want to fight for a spot.

Pretty sure the passes have 4/1/15 expiration date.

I don't think they held out the rows in 114. I know a few posters are in the first few rows. When I logged in right at 8:30 the first row of 114 was available but the first row was sold out within secs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Have seen it when it was mostly the lower bowl was filled and it was so loud. You wouldn't have heard someone shouting next to you.

It can sound like 10000 in there with each seat in the lower bowl occupied by people who want to be there. The Nevada WAC Championship game is thought to be the loudest ever heard in the Reynolds Center and the building was only half full.

Both teams are slower-paced. It will be interesting to see if the 30-second shot clock has a noticeable effect.

Originally posted by ctt8410:
Both teams are slower-paced. It will be interesting to see if the 30-second shot clock has a noticeable effect.
The 4 foot restricted arc may come into play as well with Shaq to the hole.

Originally posted by I.I.:

Originally posted by ctt8410:
The 4 foot restricted arc may come into play as well with Shaq to the hole.
Will the average ref be in tune to the 4' arc?

Will he be watching that instead of the big picture?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT