Who will be the starting 5?

No insight, but my guess is:

Taplin
Wheeler
Birt
Etou
Edogi

Key backups: Artison, Igbanu, Korita, Magnay, Battle

I can see Igbanu in the starting lineup for Wheeler, as well, putting Birt at 2 spot. I think Igbanu will be top Freshman.

Redshirt possibilities: Atson or Magnay

Hard to predict much of anything as team is so unknown. I do believe Taplin, Birt, Etou, and Edogi are starters for sure. Just not sure about the last spot.

Completely forgot about Henderson. Should be an impact player and possibly backup PG, allowing Battle to redshirt.

I really wish TU would do another open practice during homecoming like Manning held when he brought on a practically new team. I remember watching Shaq and Ray an marveling at their athleticism and at Juice's shooting touch.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Perhaps I'm in the minority...

But I'm more excited and hopeful about this team than the past 10 years combined (well... perhaps I was more hopeful when Uzoh and Jordan were Seniors). But you get my point. Most diverse skill and talent in years!

Can we sticky this post for when you post about how a bunch of young players, that you've never seen in person and don't support, suck?

Reactions: BigRedStevo
Can we sticky this post for when you post about how a bunch of young players, that you've never seen in person and don't support, suck?
My thoughts exactly as I was reading the last few words of this post.

I really wish TU would do another open practice during homecoming like Manning held when he brought on a practically new team. I remember watching Shaq and Ray an marveling at their athleticism and at Juice's shooting touch.

Agree. Please open the gym an hour or two before one of our home games to take a look. It helps attendance and fan support. Also it doesn't inconvenience fans much.

Agree. Please open the gym an hour or two before one of our home games to take a look. It helps attendance and fan support. Also it doesn't inconvenience fans much.
We promise to boot Scott Sutton out if we see him with a videocamera.

Starting 5? That would be:

Taplin
Birt
Korita
Edogi
Igbanu or Magnay

This is more what I'm thinking. Though I'm not positive Edogi can play the 5 for a ton of minutes and I'm also not sold on Taplin being penciled in as an automatic starter.

This was my best guess to the Day 1 lineup, definitely could see someone start at PG besides Taplin.

Honestly, the only player of those 5 I'm confident in being a Day 1 starter is Birt. The other 4 spots could definitely be a different player and/or may change from game to game until conference.

This was my best guess to the Day 1 lineup, definitely could see someone start at PG besides Taplin.

Honestly, the only player of those 5 I'm confident in being a Day 1 starter is Birt. The other 4 spots could definitely be a different player and/or may change from game to game until conference.
Starting 5:

Taplin
Wheeler
Birt
Etou
Edogi
looks good but don't count out Lawson getting some solid minutes. Also not sure Etou and Edogi will be on the floor together so much.

Haith's working with some weird rotations in practice at the moment. It looks like he's being pretty consistent day-to-day with who's on what practice squad.

Blue Squad -
Taplin
Battle
Birt
Scott (Transfer - will RS)
Edogi
Artison
Magnay

Black Squad -
Haith
Henderson Jr.
Wheeler
Korita
Atson
Foree (Walk On)
Igbanu
Etou

Haith's working with some weird rotations in practice at the moment. It looks like he's being pretty consistent day-to-day with who's on what practice squad.

Blue Squad -
Taplin
Battle
Birt
Scott (Transfer - will RS)
Edogi
Artison
Magnay

Black Squad -
Haith
Henderson Jr.
Wheeler
Korita
Atson
Foree (Walk On)
Igbanu
Etou

This looks more like trying to split the squads more evenly so they can have more competitive practices. After the staff has had a chance to see some separation among the players at each position, we'll start seeing more of a first team versus second and working in players that they expect to be in a rotation.

Revised Starting 5:

Taplin
Wheeler
Birt
Edogi
Magnay

Etou, Igbani, Birt, Wheeler or Korita, Taplin or Henderson.

I think these revisions are jumping the gun a bit if they are based off of the initial Blue & Black squad rosters.

After watching the scrimmage yesterday, my starting 5 would be :

Taplin
Wheeler
Birt
Etou
Edogi

Igbanu first off the bench

Taplin/Henderson
Wheeler
Birt
Edogi
Igbanu

Can't wait to see this lineup playing together. Antsy for exhibition game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT