ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you trust?

i still wish we never shut down. The economic effects and the mass unemployment will have worse effects in the long run than thw virus.

Reactions: wilsoncc
Fauci or Trump about the virus?

Trump says US is worse than Europe due to higher testing in US.

Fauci says it because Europe shut down 95% and US only 50%.

Read it here: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/01/trump-covid-19-fauci-cases-testing
Definitely not Fauci! He said 2 mill plus would die then they didn’t! He silences doctors who go a different direction when he should be pumping money into researching to see if their claims have merit. Finally, he pushed masks when the CDC and anybody with any common sense knows only military grade masks stop the spread of any virus. Trump has no clue what the solution is but he seems willing to back any and all research if it helps to find a cure to the incurable China virus!

Those figures by Fauci are pure fiction. Someone care to explain to me how Europe could possibly shut 95% of its economy down and still furnish food and other necessities to its citizens. Yet people hear this and believe it to be true without a second thought.

Now if OP wants to show me figures showing the GDP of the EU dropping by 95% from March through June I will gladly eat crow.

i still wish we never shut down. The economic effects and the mass unemployment will have worse effects in the long run than thw virus.
I think the worse effects have been caused by people combating and refusing orders. If we had listened and complied in the first place, the effects on the economy wouldn’t be continuing like they are.

Reactions: Bendman
A majority of Republicans say they don't trust Dr. Anthony Fauci or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for advice on the coronavirus, but almost 70 percent say they trust President Donald Trump for advice, according to a new poll.

The poll's results were significantly different when looking at all U.S. adults regardless of political party affiliation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...early-70percent-believe-trump-poll/ar-BB17yo3t

Tha dems? They used a bogus document so they could spy on the opposition.

The fib and doh? They ran an investigation for 2 and a half years that had no merit.

Pelosi, shiff, schumer, nadler? They attempted a coop with a kangaroo trial.

Tha dems? They used a bogus document so they could spy on the opposition.

The fib and doh? They ran an investigation for 2 and a half years that had no merit.

Pelosi, shiff, schumer, nadler? They attempted a coop with a kangaroo trial.
Oh, please, go over your tired, old, recycled points. You know, the ones that have virtually nothing to do with what is being discussed over the last several posts. Your post is only abstractly tied to the post subject, if you try and read into it something tied to the topic.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
When I check the Crossfire board, I’m never disappointed by the promulgation of conspiracy theories on here. Rippin is proud of all of you.
I guess you think people in Europe just bowed down to the Globalist Cabal when they ordered the shutdown. You pontificate, while I create history! If you believe that, I got some beachfront property I would like you to buy right off of Skelly Drive!
https://banned.video/watch?id=5f29f99168370e02f2af4595

The paranoia among Trump supporters is so mind blowing. Especially considering the blind eye they turn to all of the misinformation, outright lies, and errors Trump makes in live speeches.

Donald Trump
stated on August 5, 2020 in a Fox and Friends interview:
Children are “almost immune from this disease.”

Donald Trump
stated on July 30, 2020 in a press conference:
Absentee voting is different from mail-in voting and has more protections against fraud.

Donald Trump
stated on July 19, 2020 in an interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace:
“We have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world” from COVID-19.

Donald Trump
stated on July 4, 2020 in a Fourth of July speech:
Says 99% of COVID-19 cases “are totally harmless.”

Donald Trump
stated on June 23, 2020 in a tweet:
COVID-19 cases are “up only because of our big number testing.”

Those figures by Fauci are pure fiction. Someone care to explain to me how Europe could possibly shut 95% of its economy down and still furnish food and other necessities to its citizens.

Italy enforced a severe lock down with 95% observance which changed the course of the virus which was raging out of control. US imposition and observance of far looser restrictions was largely half ass. The result is that with only 4.3% of the world's population the US has 26% of the covid cases and 23% of the covid deaths. The data indicates the worst is yet to come.

Italy's strategy was to hit the virus hard early and take a short term hit for long term gain. There is no US strategy, just individual state responses coupled with a lot of denial. IOW "It is what it is", so get used to it.

Reactions: Clong83a
We still have a ways to go to catch Italy who has one death for every 1,714 people. USA currently has one death for every 2,037. The USA has been counting Covid deaths if you had Covid when you died and not necessarily the direct cause of death. Not sure of Italy’s policy.

Our failure has been in the nursing homes. Sending Covid positive patients to those places was obviously the most glaring mistake. We still need to do better in creating bubbles for those facilities.

We still have a ways to go to catch Italy who has one death for every 1,714 people. USA currently has one death for every 2,037. The USA has been counting Covid deaths if you had Covid when you died and not necessarily the direct cause of death. Not sure of Italy’s policy.

Our failure has been in the nursing homes. Sending Covid positive patients to those places was obviously the most glaring mistake. We still need to do better in creating bubbles for those facilities.
That has by no means been our only failure.

Reactions: Clong83a
The paranoia among Trump supporters is so mind blowing. Especially considering the blind eye they turn to all of the misinformation, outright lies, and errors Trump makes in live speeches.

Donald Trump
stated on August 5, 2020 in a Fox and Friends interview:
Children are “almost immune from this disease.”

Donald Trump
stated on July 30, 2020 in a press conference:
Absentee voting is different from mail-in voting and has more protections against fraud.

Donald Trump
stated on July 19, 2020 in an interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace:
“We have one of the lowest mortality rates in the world” from COVID-19.

Donald Trump
stated on July 4, 2020 in a Fourth of July speech:
Says 99% of COVID-19 cases “are totally harmless.”

Donald Trump
stated on June 23, 2020 in a tweet:
COVID-19 cases are “up only because of our big number testing.”
joe biden call trump a racist for banning flights from Europe and asia too early, then he said he didnt close it down soon enough

How a younger generation sees this discussion....(most skip the intro ad)

I thought we would never see two Presidential candidates as bad as we had in 2016. I was wrong :(

Agree. Should have said our most glaring failure has been our inability or at times refusal to protect our elderly population.
The one statistic we are not first in, is deaths per capita. That isn't anything to brag about. When you are #2 to one of, if not the eldest populations, then yeah they probably will be #1 in per capita.

I thought we would never see two Presidential candidates as bad as we had in 2016. I was wrong :(
Do you think Biden's as bad as Hillary?

At least he doesn't have the years of Bill hanging over him. In fact, I remember you saying he was probably the only sane choice among the Democrats during the primaries.

The US never “shut down“. Some states did a bit but not for long. Those that shut down the fastest and longest did the best. Compared to China, Korea, Italy, Germany, etc. the US did a halfway job which we are paying for now. Had the US hit it hard in March, it would be under control now and we would have a healthier economy.

Italy enforced a severe lock down with 95% observance which changed the course of the virus which was raging out of control. US imposition and observance of far looser restrictions was largely half ass. The result is that with only 4.3% of the world's population the US has 26% of the covid cases and 23% of the covid deaths. The data indicates the worst is yet to come.

Italy's strategy was to hit the virus hard early and take a short term hit for long term gain. There is no US strategy, just individual state responses coupled with a lot of denial. IOW "It is what it is", so get used to it.
You are clueless about world politics. Here is the Italian Parlament meeting and discussing the lies about COVID, fear-mongering by the leaders of the Government, and how the lockdown was unnecessary!

Reactions: maverickfp
Just more partisan politics, from Italy. Seeing as how they instituted those politics during the shutdown, and they are instituting hard controls now to avoid another shutdown and more deaths, I'm guessing those are lone wolves and not the majority. Just because you have a few people railing on this or that, doesn't mean the political &/or populous majority agree with that.

Do you think Biden's as bad as Hillary?

At least he doesn't have the years of Bill hanging over him. In fact, I remember you saying he was probably the only sane choice among the Democrats during the primaries.

I believe Biden is a far better person than Hillary. My concern with Biden is his cognitive ability. I don’t see him being able to adequately perform his duties for the next four years. That said, he’s likely still a better option than Trump. He needs to pick a VP who can step in and perform the job and not someone who simply checks the boxes as a female or minority or both. Experience should be the primary consideration given his age.

What should be the real point is that neither one of them should be elected. That being said, one gets a pass on contradictory statements.

I’ve said it before, I don’t like this selection anymore than I did the one 4 years ago.
Down to lesser of two evils... again :(

Reactions: TUMe
The US never “shut down“. Some states did a bit but not for long. Those that shut down the fastest and longest did the best. Compared to China, Korea, Italy, Germany, etc. the US did a halfway job which we are paying for now. Had the US hit it hard in March, it would be under control now and we would have a healthier economy.
What unemployment number were you wanting to get to?

You shut down the entire country for a month or 2? Where is the food coming from if no one can work and go get groceries?

Did you want to lose your job? Did you? Was it right to lose your job? Should it be ok for your children to starve.

Im here in my hospital cafeteria eating lunch, mask on the table after completing a couple surgeries this morning. People are talking, laughing. There are sick people here, many with covid. But were doing alright. Im sad when people come in but lost their job and insurance because the govt forced them out of a job. Why are they not essential?

What unemployment number were you wanting to get to?

You shut down the entire country for a month or 2? Where is the food coming from if no one can work and go get groceries?

Look at what other countries did and succeeded. Just throwing up one's hands at 'shut down' and assuming the world falls apart is not reality.

China, Taiwan, Korea, Germany, Canada all took it seriously early and the result is their economies are in far better condition. The EU won't allow Americans in, putting us in the class with Brazil and Peru. We never shut down early when we could have controlled it, so now we either take Trump's lead and live with the damage (it is what it is) or take steps to reduce the number of deaths.

There are studies showing that if Americans fully embraced wearing masks it save 70,000 lives in the next six months, yet there are states (and lots of people) who are against requiring masks or wearing masks. Those states are also hotspots.

Let's face it, the US is still farting around with a unified, effective response. Having Trump supporters claim the virus is a hoax to make Trump "look bad" doesn't help.

Last edited:
Just more partisan politics, from Italy. Seeing as how they instituted those politics during the shutdown, and they are instituting hard controls now to avoid another shutdown and more deaths, I'm guessing those are lone wolves and not the majority. Just because you have a few people railing on this or that, doesn't mean the political &/or populous majority agree with that.
The mainstream media in the US must be obfuscating the huge protest going on here in Europe over shutdown, masks, and a vaccination along with politicians and doctors coming forward saying how much of a farce this has been. The resistance to this plandemic global shutdown is world wide and gaining momentum daily!

Look at what other countries did and succeeded. Just throwing up one's hands at 'shut down' and assuming the world falls apart is not reality.

China, Taiwan, Korea, Germany, Canada all took it seriously early and the result is their economies are in far better condition. The EU won't allow Americans in, putting us in the class with Brazil and Peru. We never shut down early when we could have controlled it, so now we either take Trump's lead and live with the damage (it is what it is) or take steps to reduce the number of deaths.

There are studies showing that if Americans fully embraced wearing masks it save 70,000 lives in the next six months, yet there are states (and lots of people) who are against requiring masks or wearing masks. Those states are also hotspots.

Let's face it, the US is still farting around with a unified, effective response. Having Trump supporters claim the virus is a hoax to make Trump "look bad" doesn't help.
The same models that showed millions dead by now? No thanks. I wear a mask when i go out.

Reactions: shon46
The same models that showed millions dead by now? No thanks. I wear a mask when i go out.
If the mask isn’t military grade is doesn’t prevent $h&t!!!!!!!!!!. Wearing a mask is the most ridiculous lie ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT