ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (12.18.21 - 12.20.21) Colorado State Cancelled

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
OMG!!!!!!!! TODAY SHOULD BE GAME DAY!!!!! STUPID COVID!!!!!

Todays game with Colorado State in Fort Worth has been cancelled. There are 8 Division 1 games that have been cancelled and 2 postponed so far for today. There are another 3 cancellations for tomorrow to bring it to 11 cancellations and 2 postponements. Those that affect the GOI are listed in the list of Games

Cancellations

Hoops Hype XL will still have the Oklahoma State vs Houston Game. As We already know, the Tulsa vs Colorado State game is Cancelled due to Covid on the Rams Program, and will not be rescheduled. Hearing possibly another opponent but since there is nothing definite right now it looks unlikely. This will drop us a game on the schedule.

The Autonation Orange Bowl Classic was supposed to have two games as well, both games with AAC teams. Florida vs South Florida will still go at 12:00 central. The Florida State and UCF game has been cancelled due to COVID issues on the Seminoles program. This game as well, will not be rescheduled.

Memphis, who was ranked at one time (insert laugh of choice) was supposed to take on #18 Tennessee in Nashville. This have has been cancelled due to COVID within the Tigers program. Tennessee has said they do not plan to reschedule the game because of their current schedule does not have the room. They did say that the option to reschedule in the future is still open.

Tulane shut down its program on December 11th. This cancelled the Texas A&M game on the 14th and the game today vs Grambling. They also announced yesterday that the game against New Orleans has been cancelled as well.

Cincinnati was supposed to play Texas Southern today but that was cancelled due to COVID in the Texas Southern program. They now will host Division II Ashland University. Ashland has a 5-3 record all with DII opponents. They did beat Valparaiso (5-6 so far) in the exhibition game 87-78.

We do have some good games today though. North Texas our next opponent goes to Wichita to take on the Shockers. This is a game to watch.

Utah travels to Mizzou this afternoon

Oklahoma State vs Houston.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s game

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Florida59vsSouth Fla.26312:00 p.m.ESPN +
Ashland#N/AatCincinnati4312:00 p.m.ESPN+
Drexel198atTemple1891:00 p.m.ESPN+
Marysville#N/AatSouthern Ill.1523:00 p.m.ESPN3
North Texas95atWichita St.623:00 p.m.ESPN+
Utah67atMissouri2593:30 p.m.ESPN+
Oklahoma St.73vs#14 Houston56:00 p.m.ESPNU
Texas A&M74atOregon St.2777:00 p.m.PAC12
LMU (CA)212atNevada14910:00 p.m.CBSSN
#23 Colorado St.26vsTulsa209Cancelled
#18 Tennessee6vsMemphis56Cancelled
Florida St.81vsUCF45Cancelled
Grambling320atTulane234Cancelled

Rankings

RankTrendTeamRecordRankTrendTeamRecord
5EvenHouston9-226Down 1Colorado St.9-0
43Up 3Cincinnati8-367Down 1Utah7-3
45Down 1UCF7-275Down 4Boise St.7-4
56Up 1Memphis6-486Up 1Rhode Island8-3
62Down 4Wichita St.8-295Up 1North Texas4-3
101Up 3SMU8-3152Up 1Southern Ill.6-4
175Down 26East Carolina8-3205EvenOral Roberts3-5
189Down 2Temple6-5212Down 2LMU (CA)5-4
209Down 1Tulsa6-5221Down 2Air Force7-2
234Down 2Tulane3-6277Down 2Oregon St.1-9
263EvenSouth Fla.4-4285Down 1Alcorn1-9
323EvenLittle Rock2-6
342EvenNorthwestern St.0-9

Quad Tracker

Q1Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
WinQuadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 136-240
noneQuadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353
Loss
Boise St.
Q2
Win
Rhode Island
Loss
Utah
Q3
Win
Southern Ill.
Loss
Oral Roberts
Q4
Wins
Northwestern St.
Oregon St.
Little Rock
Alcorn State
Loss
Air Force
LMU (CA)

Reactions: nevadanatural
maybe the cancellation is a blessing in disguise? I really think this would have been a great game for us and a huge boost in the NET if we won especially on a neutral court. still upset.

****BREAKING NEWS******

The Temple vs Drexel game has been postponed for a later date due to COVID outbreak in the Drexel program.

There are 4 games today.

Rhode Island will be taking on College of Charleston today in the Holiday Hoops Fest here in Washington, DC.

The only other semi interesting game is SMU at New Mexico. This will be streamed on Stadium.com. Never heard of it but I did pull it up from the New Mexico Website.

Tulsa dropped 6 spots in the rankings. IF we lost to Colorado State it could have been worse. IF we had beat them then we would be out of the 200’s.

North Texas jumped up 23 spots after beating Wichita State. If we can beat them on Tuesday then we might just get out of the 200’s. The North Texas game is out last OOC game this season unless they schedule another game to prepare for our conference opener on December 29th against SMU at the Reynolds Center.

With the cancellation of the Colorado State game we now will have played 30 games if we finish the schedule. If 24 is the magic number then that means we can only lose 1 more regular season game. Since that is a stretch but not impossible, we will need to win a game or two in the tourney. If we lose 3 or 4 games in Conference then we will either have to get to the finals of the Conference tourney or win it out right. Lets just see what happens.

In other news, The TU Women are now 9-0 after outlasting Georgia State. Georgia State kept it close until the 4th quarter. Rebecca Lescay single handedly kept Tulsa in that game. Everyone else were struggling until the 4th quarter at which 4 players ended up in double figures. The first quarter was a very rough watch.

Tulsa (70 NET) will compete today against South Alabama (335 NET) in the last day of the Georgia State Holiday Classic. That game is at 11 a.m. and is not televised.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s game

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Air Force224atArkansas St.2311:00 p.m.ESPN+
Rhode Island88vsCol. of Charleston1581:00 p.m.
SMU101atNew Mexico1572:00 p.m.Stadium.com
Montana Tech#N/AatBoise St.765:00 p.m.MW Net

Rankings

RankTrendTeamRecordRankTrendTeamRecord
5EvenHouston10-227Down 1Colorado St.9-0
45EvenUCF7-272Up 23North Texas5-3
51Down 8Cincinnati8-376Down 1Boise St.7-4
55Up 1Memphis6-487Down 20Utah7-4
80Down 18Wichita St.8-388Down 2Rhode Island8-3
101EvenSMU8-3148Up 4Southern Ill.6-4
178Down 3East Carolina8-3206Up 6LMU (CA)5-5
183Up 6Temple6-5210Down 5Oral Roberts3-5
215Down 6Tulsa6-5224Down 3Air Force7-2
235Down 1Tulane3-6281Down 4Oregon St.1-10
262Up 1South Fla.4-5282Up 3Alcorn1-9
323EvenLittle Rock2-6
342EvenNorthwestern St.0-9

New Additions (North Texas is In our Non-Conference Schedule)

RankTrendTeamRecord
50Down 16UAB7-3
167Up 1Rice6-4
196EvenCharlotte5-5
221Down 6Fla. Atlantic4-5
326EvenUTSA4-4

Quad Tracker

Q1Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
WinQuadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 136-240
noneQuadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353
Loss
Q2
Win
Rhode Island
Loss
Utah
Boise St.
Q3
Win
Southern Ill.
Loss
Oral Roberts
Q4
Wins
Northwestern St.
Oregon St.
Little Rock
Alcorn State
Loss
Air Force
LMU (CA)

Last edited:

TU Women play today and are currently 9-0!

You’re starting to sound like UCONN fan. I like womens soccer and volleyball but I don’t like women’s basketball and couldn’t get interested if they won a national championship. Before you start yelling at me consider what you would think if I started posting random things about the mens team, bolding and increasing fonts as I go, in threads about the womens team.

Reactions: loca2874
Rhode Island vs college of Charleston game was cancelled 2 hours ago due to multiple positives on the Rhode Island program. There were here in DC to play but cancelled last minute.

You’re starting to sound like UCONN fan. I like womens soccer and volleyball but I don’t like women’s basketball and couldn’t get interested if they won a national championship. Before you start yelling at me consider what you would think if I started posting random things about the mens team, bolding and increasing fonts as I go, in threads about the womens team.
The last time I looked, this forum was called TU Basketball, not TU Men’s Basketball and this thread is called Games of Interest.

Unlike the current men’s team, the women’s coaching staff prepares the team for games and makes good in game decisions to adjust for things that aren’t working. A good example was yesterday’s game.

These young women play hard and represent the university well. It’s too bad you aren’t a fan, yet. There’s still time for you.

With all respect, and I really genuinely don't mean to be a d$#k, but I have a lot of trouble reconciling this with your belief that "real fans" should continue to attend MBB and football games even when the teams suck and the administration is clearly not trying. It seems to me that you either get to pick and choose when you're a fan or you don't. The reality is that we all have things we won't support and everyone's thing is different. But we should all remember that whenever we start to get judgy about where someone else draws that line.

I would also note that this is not a thread about the men's team. There are lots of posts about other schools.

Last edited:
Back to the regularly schedule programming.

Arky State beat the brakes off of Air Force 68-46

the smooo beat New Mexico 90-72

With all respect, and I really genuinely don't mean to be a d$#k, but I have a lot of trouble reconciling this with your belief that "real fans" should continue to attend MBB and football games even when the teams suck and the administration is clearly not trying. It seems to me that you either get to pick and choose when you're a fan or you don't. The reality is that we all have things we won't support and everyone's thing is different. But we should all remember that whenever we start to get judgy about where someone else draws that line.

I would also note that this is not a thread about the men's team. There are lots of posts about other schools.
Not at all. I don’t expect anyone to attend a sport they don’t like. I hate hockey so I don’t go to hockey games. If I liked hockey I wouldn’t go on a hockey forum and say “I’m this team’s biggest fan but I’m not going to another game until they win (some arbitrary number of games)” which is what often happens here. Also you won’t see me posting in the WBB threads saying “I don’t like WBB so why do you keep posting about it” like many soccer haters do in threads about soccer. I appreciate the threads on WBB that are labeled as such so I know not to click on them. The reason I replied to the poster and surprisingly upset you was because he had been unceasing in his complaints about MBB and then going into MBB threads, I’m not talking about this one in particular, and saying “the women are X-0, you should support them and not this team”. That bugs the crap out of me. I’m not a what have you done for me lately or bandwagon fan.

I am not making a post today as I have been traveling to Myrtle beach for the bowl game.

TU men dropped 4 spots to 219

TU women dropped 2 spots to 72. It was an impressive win but it was to a sub 300 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT