ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the basement, Cardinals

2PoorTUFans

I.T.S. University President
Jan 19, 2008
1162345_o.gif

Wake me up when those "great players" win you a World Series.

Seriously, the Angels overpaid. I'm not happy, but I also don't think that was a good deal. Anyway, take pride in the schaudenfraude. I'll be in my office admiring the Cardinals towel they handed to me at Game 7 of the 2011 World Series.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Gold*:
Wake me up when those "great players" win you a World Series.

Seriously, the Angels overpaid. I'm not happy, but I also don't think that was a good deal. Anyway, take pride in the schaudenfraude. I'll be in my office admiring the Cardinals towel they handed to me at Game 7 of the 2011 World Series.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Let's see, that would be a towel from the game where they won their 11th World Series wouldn't it? The Cardinals were winning championships long before Pujols was born and will still be winning them long after he goes into the HOF.

The Cardinals will be in the basement of 1st place in the NL Central. As a Cardinals fan I can and will say that the Cardinals will be very competitive without Albert Pujols.

As a Cardinals fan, today was disappointing, but not the end of the world.

As a Rangers fan, today was painful.

The Angels may benefit in the short term but I'm not sure about the second half of the contract. There have always been rumors that Albert is actually two or three years older than his stated age.

That said, Pujols has been an extraordinary player for the Cardinals and a good person as well. I hope the Cardinals will use the money they would have paid him to strengthen other areas of the roster.

^ ^ ^ ^

What 'Cane-man said, why take the ransom past 260 million when you can buy a lot of other free agents for that.

Not a Cardinals fan but I will acknowledge St.Louis is a very good baseball town. I don't like Pujols leaving St.Louis. Money Money Money, I guess some people can never have enough. He is likely a once in a generation player. Would love to see him take the homerun record from Bonds.

Not that it means anything but I know his wifes mother, and several of her other siblings. Played baseball with her brother and worked with his Mother In Law and her sister. Great family.

Hoping for another I-70 World Series in the next 3 to 5 years.

Hahahahahaha -- Cardinal envy by a bunch of Royals fans -- So sorry the Cards won yet another Series while the Royals wait again for next year. The Cards were smart not to bet the ranch on Pujols -- a 10-year/$25mm for a guy who is 32. Really?

The Cards had him in his prime. The [insert Orange County hellhole here] Angels get maybe a couple of decent years out of him. Cards will be fine. Royals, well they also will be fine in their customary last place position, with no playoff hopes determined by the end of May. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT