ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Bowl Projections

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
Several of these outlets may be waiting for the playoff rankings tomorrow night:

ESPN/Schlabach: Bahamas Bowl vs Western Kentucky
ESPN/McMurphy: Bahamas Bowl vs North Texas

CFN: Cure Bowl (Orlando) vs GA Southern

SB Nation: Bahamas Bowl vs Eastern Michigan

CBS/Palm: Birmingham Bowl vs Ole Miss

Gridiron Now: Boca Raton Bowl vs Middle Tennessee

Heavy: Military Bowl vs Wake Forwst

Campus Insiders: Boca Raton Bowl vs. Old Dominion

Bleacher Report: Birmingham Bowl vs Army

Sports Illustrated: Miami Beach Bowl vs Central Michigan

College Sports Madness: Cure Bowl vs. GA Southern

Sporting News: Boca Raton Bowl vs. Colorado State

USA Today: Birmingham Bowl vs South Carolina

Athlon: Birmingham Bowl vs South Carolina

D Ratings: Miami Beach Bowl vs Akron

Last edited:
Geo, curious why you think that? My guess is that TU with 8 or 9 wins doesn't end up in any of the above bowls, but a more regional bowl slot. Or, dreaming big, the Cotton Bowl.

Geo, curious why you think that? My guess is that TU with 8 or 9 wins doesn't end up in any of the above bowls, but a more regional bowl slot. Or, dreaming big, the Cotton Bowl.
The Cotton Bowl (at AT&T/Cowboys Stadium) is a NY6 bowl. To play in that game we will almost assuredly need to run the table and finish 11-2 and HOPE that Western Michigan loses somewhere.

Wouldn't it be a dream to play OU in the Cotton Bowl...

We are not going to the Bahamas Bowl.

GO TU!!!!

They said in the paper today that admin is making sure all the players/staff have passports just in case. That sounds like a trainwreck in terms of paperwork (call in Wojcik for special assignment?) and money to pay for them all.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie

This......I agree mcane we will be in Ft Worth or Dallas is my guess.

GO TU!!!!

They said in the paper today that admin is making sure all the players/staff have passports just in case. That sounds like a trainwreck in terms of paperwork (call in Wojcik for special assignment?) and money to pay for them all.
Every AAC & MAC school that thinks they have a shot at a bowl has gotten passports for their players just in case. Probably started over the summer cuz of lead times.

A game against Western Kentucky would be a very high scoring arena football like shoot-out. Or as Okies call it, OU/Tech.

They've been working the passport issue since summer.

I'd be surprised if every team didn't do it.

The stadium only seats 15,000. The bowl is owned by ESPN, iirc. This has TV game for teams with little or no road following written all over it. I'm betting we are number 1 on their list after ucf.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT