ADVERTISEMENT

Week 15 polls

I think if by some miracle we beat uc twice we would have four or top 25 wins in a really tough league.

i think that would get us in over coastal

I think if by some miracle we beat uc twice we would have four or top 25 wins in a really tough league.

i think that would get us in over coastal
Us winning both, and CC beating Louisiana would put the CFP in a pretty tight place.

I think Cincinnati winning both and CC beating Louisiana would even put them in a tight place.

CC is the Cinderella team they want.

Cincinnati would be #2, and we would be a verryyy distant 3rd.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I don’t understand the love for the Sun Belt this year. But yes, they have already picked their Cinderella. We needed UL to lose and beat CCU this coming week. I think we could beat Cincy by 40 points twice and never get farther than 14 in poll that is ranking Buffalo and some marginal 4-0 teams. The fact of the matter is that we had a coaching staff that played it extra conservative in the early games and that hasn’t been good for TV and we gave up potential style points. Too many people that decide these things saw the first half of UCF and the Tulane game. The only complete game we’ve played was hapless USF. It will be very hard to overtake CCU and/or UL in the current climate.

Just imagine if Zaven doesn't get cramps and Prince doesn't get the facemask from hell on his breakaway run in Stillwater... We could have been Cincinnati.

I don’t understand the love for the Sun Belt this year. But yes, they have already picked their Cinderella. We needed UL to lose and beat CCU this coming week. I think we could beat Cincy by 40 points twice and never get farther than 14 in poll that is ranking Buffalo and some marginal 4-0 teams. The fact of the matter is that we had a coaching staff that played it extra conservative in the early games and that hasn’t been good for TV and we gave up potential style points. Too many people that decide these things saw the first half of UCF and the Tulane game. The only complete game we’ve played was hapless USF. It will be very hard to overtake CCU and/or UL in the current climate.
I'm not that scared of Louisiana in the opinion category. If we beat Cincy twice and Louisiana beat CC, I believe we'd have the jump on Louisiana.

This is it.

I would only add two things.

1. Louisiana has that Iowa State win. It makes them a risk particualy if OU does not destroy Iowa State.

2. Coastal plays at Troy State next week barring cancellation. Maybe a letdown? We can hope.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The CFP rankings are an absolute joke, Tulsa’s rank notwithstanding. We stayed at 24 which I’m fine with based on how we looked, but man the P teams have to accomplish virtually nothing to get in/move up fast in the rankings.

Disrespect. Our defense made Navy look terrible. Our offense was not pretty. But we deserved to move up a couple of spots.

NCAA football is a fictional competition.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
cincy’s playoff chances

kenyon-injury-270x440.jpg

If there was ever a season in which a non-silverspoon conference could place a team in the playoff it should be this year. Many conferences haven't been able to play full seasons and thus have virtually no data to prove that they are deserving of their rankings. Despite this, the powers that be are ranking teams based purely on perception. It's like one big eye test and the first thing the eye is drawn to is the name on the front of the jersey.

If there was ever a season in which a non-silverspoon conference could place a team in the playoff it should be this year. Many conferences haven't been able to play full seasons and thus have virtually no data to prove that they are deserving of their rankings. Despite this, the powers that be are ranking teams based purely on perception. It's like one big eye test and the first thing the eye is drawn to is the name on the front of the jersey.

Your last sentence is an axiom to which I subscribe wholeheartedly.

True. There is no objective, performance based method to compare teams with so few non conference games. It is literally the definition of pure subjectivity and bias but no news there really.

We should have been between #20 and #22, total BS.

#23 would have pissed me off, so you know how I feel about #24.

This is politics. They drop Cincy 1, and jack up Iowa St., & leave us exactly where we are. While they move CC to #13. #8 and #13 are not that far from each other. Then(and this is the clincher) they actually move Louisiana up six damn notches for beating app st? The fix is in. The are setting up CC to jump Cincy whether they win or lose against us. CC is getting the people's vote.

Reactions: drboobay
We should have been between #20 and #22, total BS.

#23 would have pissed me off, so you know how I feel about #24.

This is politics. They drop Cincy 1, and jack up Iowa St., & leave us exactly where we are. While they move CC to #13. #8 and #13 are not that far from each other. Then(and this is the clincher) they actually move Louisiana up six damn notches for beating app st? The fix is in. The are setting up CC to jump Cincy whether they win or lose against us. CC is getting the people's vote.
For now. That cheap pile driving of a Heisman candidate on national TV lost a lot of people, especially in the media. Perhaps more than what ESPN thinks. But this whole situation underscores the need to have a proactive, innovative and accommodating relationship with the TV set. I’m told we do a good job of conducting ourselves as professionals and we do more than the minimum, but I am also told by folks that work at ESPN we can and should do more, especially with our small school status. Nothing inappropriate or nakedly buying coverage. But people do still remember when we didn’t have a toilet in the press box in 2006.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
And Missouri, NC St, Colorado, and Texas all jump in the polls, for beating a bunch of crappy teams. Texas hits #20 for beating a lame K St. and Colorado at #21 for beating a crappy Arizona. Come on. Why didn't they just jump Texas in at #16. There doesn't have to be any rhyme or reason for the silver spoon entrance. They get their ballroom entry wherever the heck the committee decides to place them.

The CFP rankings are an absolute joke, Tulsa’s rank notwithstanding. We stayed at 24 which I’m fine with based on how we looked, but man the P teams have to accomplish virtually nothing to get in/move up fast in the rankings.
You mean Colorado at 4-0 playing in the PAC 10/12/14 which may be worse than the Sun Belt this year and I'm not just saying that as conjecture. Teams like Oregon and Washington who are supposed to carry the mantle are horrible. Absolutely horrible. Stanford is mediocre at best. UCLA is bad, both Arizona schools are bad. Utah, meh. Colorado is winning but they're beating bad teams and not very impressively. The one team with gobs of talent is USC and they've needed last minute TD drives to win games against the bad teams in their conference. I honestly think Cincinnati would be favored over EVERY team in that conference and most by 10+ pts. Coastal Carolina would be favored over half the conference. The best team in that conference would not be able to stay within 3 TDs of any other P5 conference champion right now. The B1G is a joke. They can't even get their half season right on COVID protocols after sitting out the 1st month and a half of the season. How the hell do these schools still have these problems. Has Minnesota played a game in a month because of COVID issues? Wisconsin is hurting every week but they at least give it a go.

So we had COVID issues in training camp and shut things down. Delayed our opener 1 week and haven't had any COVID issues to the extent that it forces us to bail on a game (we may have had individual cases but we've elected to quarantine those involved and it seems to be limited as to not hamper any complete position groups). What are we doing right and why haven't we shared that with the rest of the country?

I love all the smack talk from Houston, UCF, Tulane, etc. towards Cincy right now. It's hilarious.
Honestly, because this is the 2nd time they ducked us AND they were then rewarded with hosting the conference championship game, they deserve the scrutiny.

Reactions: TU Pilot
Honestly, because this is the 2nd time they ducked us AND they were then rewarded with hosting the conference championship game, they deserve the scrutiny.
I absolutely agree... But I think this may work out in our favor. We get to rest up, we get more prep time (Monty- you must prepare the team for games...), and holy crap do we now have very motivated players that want to prove something. On ABC in primetime no less. Still not sure we will win with this offense, but the way it played out is going to provide a LOT of motivation.

I absolutely agree... But I think this may work out in our favor. We get to rest up, we get more prep time (Monty- you must prepare the team for games...), and holy crap do we now have very motivated players that want to prove something. On ABC in primetime no less. Still not sure we will win with this offense, but the way it played out is going to provide a LOT of motivation.
I think the game is a lot closer than vegas will say. Tulsa isnt expected to win, so they have nothing to lose, and they are pissed off. Not a good combination for Cincinnati. They may have to duck us a 3rd time.

Remember in 2011 when an undefeated and BCS bowl bound Houston got beat by Southern Miss in the CUSA championship? That's what we're about to do to Cindynasty in front of the whole college football world next Saturday night.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I love all the smack talk from Houston, UCF, Tulane, etc. towards Cincy right now. It's hilarious.

It’s surprising to see UCF and Houston fans backing us up.

The best though are the ECU fans that somehow think that we wouldn’t even be in the championship game had they beat us. I guess they don’t understand how the standings work.

Surprisingly, since we have joined Houston and UCF fans have actually always had our back with other schools. They might give us crap face to face but overall they give us respect...typically back-handed like "for such a small school with limited resources they find a way to win" "they are scrappy for what they have"...things like that.

Missouri is getting manhandled by Georgia and Utah is beating Colorado. All good things. Wish Troy was playing better or brought a defense

Colorado one of the losses that should push us up a notch but won't because the committee doesn't want us ranked any higher than they have to.

Reactions: loca2874
The talking heads this morning mentioned on how the American is getting more respect than the PAC-12 because we have earned it

I don’t know why he didn’t throw it in the flats instead of going for the touchdown on both of those throws

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT