ADVERTISEMENT

UALR Game Thread

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Two years removed from a 30-5 season, Little Rock went 6-24 against D1 teams including a season-opening loss to Ouachita Baptist last year. That was apparently enough to force a coaching change, making Darrell Walker their 4th head coach in 5 years. Picked to finish last in the Sun Belt, they needed OT to beat SEOSU in their opener before playing the hammer against Tennessee State and the nail against Nevada.

With 4 freshmen and only 1 senior in the rotation, they're one of the youngest teams in the country. Through 3 games, they've made 32% of their 3s, 60% of their 2s, and 56% of their free throws. They're small with the exception of a 6-10 freshman who's fouled out twice in just 15 minutes per game. They play fast, but don't get many steals. Igbanu and Jeffries should feast inside.

These guys are better than Alcorn and SCSUM, but worse than Cal Baptist. In the final tuneup before Nevada, we need to win comfortably.

Pictured: Darrell Walker - League Leader - Best Hands

51zJMyC3L4L._SX342_.jpg

I remember the rumor going around that Darrell Walker couldn't get along with Eddie Sutton and that he would transfer to Tulsa to play for Nolan Richardson. Never happened.

Vegas says TU by 12. I hope that is the halftime lead.

Is this another Hurricane Vision only game?

Unfortunately that appears to be the case. If I was confident it’d always work it would be my favorite way to watch because I really enjoy having Bruce’s play-by-play on the game.

Should be a high scoring affair. Yooler is averaging 81 ppg and allowing 82 ppg.

Starting Line-Up:

Taplin
Barnes
Scott
Jeffries
Igbanu

Wish he would start Joiner in place of Barnes. You don’t have to guard Barnes outside.

We’ve got good shooters passing up shots th pass it to ok shooters.

Damn it put the 5 best players in 3-14 UALR.

This is flat out embarrassing. Team clearly not ready to play.

So, at what point do we start to seriously consider that maybe in fact we are the #9 team in the American?

If we use those combinations we may be 10th. We have 6 really good players. Use those till we are up 15.

They saw Cal Baptist almost upset us by fouling every other play, so let's try that.

Getting out rebounded 15-8 Jackson and Barnes turnovers. 37 subs so far.

If we use those combinations we may be 10th. We have 6 really good players. Use those till we are up 15.
Through 13 minutes we have ELEVEN players with some stat in the box score. That’s insane. It’s like my kid’s under 8 team where everybody has to play equal amounts.

Are we going to play this poorly every game? If so I need to find a new hobby. Having 4 young children I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies, and TU sports are not too fun these days.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
This oversubbing gets experience but it gives me ulcers. Weak teams get confidence and you have trouble catching up with your better players. Steve Robinson like.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Why do we always let players have career games against us. Force other players to beat us rather then the opposing teams best player every single time

Reactions: quincy101
Are we going to play this poorly every game? If so I need to find a new hobby. Having 4 young children I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies, and TU sports are not too fun these days.

Also these refs are making the game nearly unwatchable. Has there been two possessions in a row without a foul?

And yet we still have no f***ing idea how to rebound. I’m absolutely embarrassed.

I apologize for all the melting. I’m not feeling well today and this poor play is making me sad.

Everyone seems to be freaking out on here, but I think we look all right. Here at the game and you can tell we’re the better team. They made some tough shots early and we’ve been cold. I predict we win by 15.

Reactions: quincy101
Everyone seems to be freaking out on here, but I think we look all right. Here at the game and you can tell we’re the better team. They made some tough shots early and we’ve been cold. I predict we win by 15.
I’m pretty sure someone posted exactly this same thing in the Cal Baptist thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT