ADVERTISEMENT

UALR Game Thread

We will win the game because we’re at home and UALR is bad but this team sure doesn’t look very good at this point of the season. Haith better get their attention or Nevada will embarrass us. It’s a good thing we started this campaign with four bad teams at home. Time to get things going in the right direction beginning in the second half.

And we were talking about an extension for Haith?

Not to my knowledge. I believe people mentioned if he made the NCAAs we need too or if he’s on the cusp. Based on these first 3.5 games, no chance that’s happening.

But Haith is an experienced coach and knows his team has a long way to go if he’s going to remain TU’s coach for the long term.

Maybe it was the refs who got their marching orders on calling everything.

We couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn early, started out 1-13. We need to take care of the ball better and get some good shots. Horne played well and I’d like to see more Falokun.

We will win the game because we’re at home and UALR is bad but this team sure doesn’t look very good at this point of the season. Haith better get their attention or Nevada will embarrass us.

Based on our performance thus far I’m glad the game is at 3pm on Thanksgiving because there’s no option for me to watch. So I won’t be cursing after they stomp us by 25-40

Reactions: chito_and_leon
It's been said already, but if we play our best players we win games like this comfortably. It's not a surprise that we look disjointed on both ends when nobody can get into the flow of things. Horne suddenly looked a lot better after some consistent minutes. I can think of a couple other players that would benefit from that.

Reactions: ctt8410
Not to my knowledge. I believe people mentioned if he made the NCAAs we need too or if he’s on the cusp. Based on these first 3.5 games, no chance that’s happening.

Haisten reported in March that a 3-year extension was pretty much a done deal. They don't call him "Scoop" for nothing.

Man we have a lot of posters that are such great coaches they could be making a lot of money, Actually I think were doing just fine, Now is the time to work out the kinks, Go TU

Gragg’s former employer (Eastern Michigan) score 4 points in the first half against Rutgers tonight.

Geez UALR has 5 players with 4 or 5 fouls. They might finish with fewer than 5 players on the court.

And only 1 TO at last check.

He still needs to have more stamina to play more minutes. He is absolutely needed on the floor as much as possible. Seems he has struggled with stamina since he started starting his SO season.

I'm kinda wondering if there's an injury we don't know about or he's sick. The game was way too tight to keep him off the floor

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We have one glaring weakness right now.

Rebounding, rebounding, rebounding.

We consitantly do not get contact from our defender on the weakside allowing easy walk in lay ups and put back dunks. We also don't back people out.

We need to improve on free throws as well.

We won by ten on an off night so not too much to complain about.

Taplin was ill earlier this year it may be they are being careful with him to prevent him pushing too hard. It could also be that Haith wants to give Joiner minutes at point now for experience.

Was gold the one that threw a pizza box on the court a couples years back in exasperation with the refs?

I like Zeke . I like TU’S team but they lack that outside shooter that can be a consistent 15-20 point man .
I have believed from summer practice that this team would only be as good as Moore or Karita or Scott would allow. Moore’s defense is so raw and shooting very inconsistent to poor. We just need him to open up the middle. We have some really good slashers and drivers but the middle is so congested with our so far poor outside shooting.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Gold* made a nice appearance on the video feed yelling at the refs. It was solid.

Yeah I was on kid duty all night but I finally got a good lick in on that idiot call where 22 hit Taplin in head and Tal got called.

I have believed from summer practice that this team would only be as good as Moore or Korita or Scott would allow. Moore’s defense is so raw and shooting very inconsistent to poor. We just need him to open up the middle.
So far, only Scott has shown up to play....Korita has been somewhat
limited by what appears to be a leg problem, and Moore Simply
hasn't been aggressive enough to be a factor.....I think that he
knows he is going to be yanked out of the game because of the
lack of defense/rebounding, and it has effected (affected, really)
his shooting...

So far, the new comers have not been as effective as we hoped
they would be.....Barnes and Falokun have been OK and show
promise, Horne has been off and on, and needs to be more the
team player, and take only shots generated by the offense, and
Moore simply hasn't adjusted to BB @ this level....He needs to
play with much more intensity.....

Sadly, as per Jerry Reed's little ditty, "We have a long ways to
go, and a short time to get there"........

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT