ADVERTISEMENT

TV?

ba11game

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 4, 2003
I just got the Disney bundle, which includes ESPN+. I already like it way better than Netflix, which I cancelled after one month.
My question is, what does this get me as far as TU sports? I noticed tomorrow's football game is on there. What about games on other ESPN channels like ESPNU?
I live in Bartlesville now and I can't pick up 99.5. We do have Cardinals baseball on the radio here, so cable TV is not worth it on my budget.
As a matter of fact, I haven't had a TV for the three months I've been living here. (My house in Tulsa and pretty much everything I owned burned down, that's why I moved). I did finally buy one online and it should be here tomorrow.
Anyway, the Cards are driving me crazy hanging around on the fringes of post-season play. I am ready for some basketball.

It does not show anything on Espn, Espn2, EspnU, EspNews. Only Espn+. Luckily, most of TU games will be on Espn+

You get a lot of Olympic sports with espn+ but not a lot of football. Tomorrow's game being an exception.

As far as listening to the games, I live in Bartlesville too. You can pick up both TU football and basketball games on 104.9 out of Bville.

Reactions: ba11game
It does not show anything on Espn, Espn2, EspnU, EspNews. Only Espn+. Luckily, most of TU games will be on Espn+
But if you have the ESPN app and a subscription to a TV (even virtual one) service you can access all ESPN content in that same app. You just have to log in with your provider data. I use YouTube tv.

I just got the Disney bundle, which includes ESPN+. I already like it way better than Netflix, which I cancelled after one month.
My question is, what does this get me as far as TU sports? I noticed tomorrow's football game is on there. What about games on other ESPN channels like ESPNU?
I live in Bartlesville now and I can't pick up 99.5. We do have Cardinals baseball on the radio here, so cable TV is not worth it on my budget.
As a matter of fact, I haven't had a TV for the three months I've been living here. (My house in Tulsa and pretty much everything I owned burned down, that's why I moved). I did finally buy one online and it should be here tomorrow.
Anyway, the Cards are driving me crazy hanging around on the fringes of post-season play. I am ready for some basketball.

Most football 🏈 & basketball 🏀 games will be on there, unless they are on a broadcast network. If you Look at the already scheduled broadcasts, both OSU games(Aggies & Buckeye's) will be on fs1. Houston & Navy prolly won't be accessible on there unless you have broadcast subscription(rights thru cox, sling, etc.) to ESPN channels. One or two other games will get picked up by a network at some point, especially if we are doing well. The other six or so games, including UC Davis will be on espn+. So approximately half the the football season will be on there.

As far as basketball, because there are more games, they will probably carry closer to 60% of the games. They might even carry between 60% and two thirds. So lots of TU games will be on there, and only on there.

Last edited:
But if you have the ESPN app and a subscription to a TV (even virtual one) service you can access all ESPN content in that same app. You just have to log in with your provider data. I use YouTube tv.
Moi aussi.

Reactions: drboobay
Thanks everybody for the responses.
If you have decent internet speeds (I suspect you do since you can use Disney+), the cheapest way to get the ESPN channels not part of ESPN+ would be a streaming service such as fubo.tv, YouTube TV, or Hulu + Live TV. These services are in the $60-70/mo range, so still a bit pricey but less expensive than the last time I looked at traditional cable options.

I’m sorry to hear your house and belongings burned down. I hope nobody was injured due to the fire.

If you have decent internet speeds (I suspect you do since you can use Disney+), the cheapest way to get the ESPN channels not part of ESPN+ would be a streaming service such as fubo.tv, YouTube TV, or Hulu + Live TV. These services are in the $60-70/mo range, so still a bit pricey but less expensive than the last time I looked at traditional cable options.

I’m sorry to hear your house and belongings burned down. I hope nobody was injured due to the fire.

Yeah, after typing a response I forgot to follow it up, and say I'm sorry you are going thru that.

Sorry to hear about your house and possessions. I hope things are improving for you.

Looks like Sling Orange would get you the rest of the ESPN content for about 35 dollars monthly. Least expensive streaming option.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
As far as the fire goes. Everything turned out fine. No one got hurt. I did spend one night in the hospital because my oxygen equipment was lost in the fire.
I had insurance, though not enough to afford a decent house in Tulsa. That's why I'm in Bartlesville. The old place was too big for me to take care of anymore. I like my smaller house and Bartlesville is a cool town. I don't know of any other town with a population of 35K that has a skyline and a concert hall and a Philharmonic to go with it.

Bartlesville is a cool town. I don't know of any other town with a population of 35K that has a skyline and a concert hall and a Philharmonic to go with it.
Thanks to ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66 being there it is easily the coolest small town in Oklahoma. They also hold events periodically for the entire town that are usually fun for all ages.

I lived there for ~3 months when I was an intern at CoP many years ago. And then worked in Bartlesville during the most recent split of ConocoPhillips into two companies. I’ve always loved the town. There’s also some great local restaurants in the downtown area.

I haven’t been to town in over a decade but if Frank and Lola’s is still open, be sure to check it out. They have one of the best burgers I’ve ever had and their chicken salad sandwich is THE BEST I’ve ever had.

If you have a TV subscription then yes. However, OP only has the Disney + subscription which doesn't allow access to 95% of the ESPN content. It's only ESPN + and that is it.

Thanks to ConocoPhillips and Phillips 66 being there it is easily the coolest small town in Oklahoma. They also hold events periodically for the entire town that are usually fun for all ages.

I lived there for ~3 months when I was an intern at CoP many years ago. And then worked in Bartlesville during the most recent split of ConocoPhillips into two companies. I’ve always loved the town. There’s also some great local restaurants in the downtown area.

I haven’t been to town in over a decade but if Frank and Lola’s is still open, be sure to check it out. They have one of the best burgers I’ve ever had and their chicken salad sandwich is THE BEST I’ve ever had.
Gotta go to Murphy’s for the Hot Hamburger and the ensuing heart attack.

If you have a TV subscription then yes. However, OP only has the Disney + subscription which doesn't allow access to 95% of the ESPN content. It's only ESPN + and that is it.
It does not have to be traditional TV though. It can be a service like YouTube tv.

It does not have to be traditional TV though. It can be a service like YouTube tv.
As long as the service offers ESPN channel in their lineup then you should be good with all their content. If your only access is through Disney + then it will only be ESPN + content. That's all I have personally and it still has been great for me. A decent amount of TU games are on it from Football, basketball, softball (my biggest concern), volleyball, all the way to rowing.

I occasionally listen to Bruce on 99.5 via the TuneIn app.
I was listening to the games via the Tunein app until Thursday, when I discovered that Tunein has moved all sports to the premium platform requiring a monthly fee. I was able to listen to Bruce via the Tulsahurricane website however.

I watched TU Women's soccer put the smack down on UMKC today on ESPN+ and have seen several men's games. I'm also cutting the cord (other than needed internet) and yahooTV looks best for us so far. Our Cox bill was getting way too expensive,

I was listening to the games via the Tunein app until Thursday, when I discovered that Tunein has moved all sports to the premium platform requiring a monthly fee. I was able to listen to Bruce via the Tulsahurricane website however.
Thanks for that update. I brought my earbuds to the game, and couldn’t get it from TuneIn. So I gave up. Which, based on the result was the right call.

I logged on to ESPN+ from my laptop and went to Watch ESPN. I was able to get Baseball Tonight on ESPN2 without having to give a TV provider. I hope this holds up through the game tonight.

Thanks for that update. I brought my earbuds to the game, and couldn’t get it from TuneIn. So I gave up. Which, based on the result was the right call.
I am still able to listen on TuneIn and I do not have the premium app. The only game I couldnt was the Ohio St and it is because they had rights to it. I could still listen to the game with TuneIn I just had to find the Ohio St talk radio station. Every other game though has worked perfectly through Bigcountry 99.5 on Tunein. I will say occasionally all of a sudden country song will start playing and I have to close the app and reopen and its back to the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT