Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Media release...

Tulsa-San Jose State Game Time Set

SAN JOSE, Calif. –– San Jose State University has set the time for the Tulsa game on the second week of the football season, Sept. 7, 2019, for 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (8:00 p.m. CT) at CEFCU Stadium The two teams will square off for the eighth time and the first since the 2016 season. Tulsa leads the overall series 4-3.

Tulsa’s last trip to San Jose came in the 2003 campaign when both were members of the Western Athletic Conference. The Golden Hurricane claimed a 34-32 victory that day on the final weekend of the regular season.

TU has always struggled to win in San Jose (in both football and basketball). It's the key game of the year assuming an expected loss at MSU. I worry about travel, with a trip north followed by a trip west. The time zone can be a real problem if the players don't have at least a day to adjust.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I hope this game doesn't end up on the MountainWest network.

I Practically broke the mouse hitting the update button on the game tracker the last ten minutes. No TV and a freshman in the game to get bowl eligible. Jeez ...

I was in Australia doing much the same thing.

Skinny kid from Owasso with some gumption who looked like he'd get hurt on the first big hit and played like he didn't care if he did.

I see some of him in Boomer, maybe not the polish but the leadership and moxy sure seem there.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I was in Australia doing much the same thing.

Skinny kid from Owasso with some gumption who looked like he'd get hurt on the first big hit and played like he didn't care if he did.

I see some of him in Boomer, maybe not the polish but the leadership and moxy sure seem there.
Yep. And there was a huge jump in competence after that season and the following redshirt with Smith. 2005 he was a different player. He was ready to go. Boomer is a ?

Reactions: TU4ever2
Yep. And there was a huge jump in competence after that season and the following redshirt with Smith. 2005 he was a different player. He was ready to go. Boomer is a ?

I agree on Boomer; Paul benefited from a dad who had a high football IQ personally coaching which helped him to be mentally prepared, his redshirt helped as well.

But I just have to say the kid has the winning attitude. Paul wasn't really ready when we threw him in. Boomer wasn't either, but a good work ethic will open up his potential and he has a couple years to develop.

I agree on Boomer; Paul benefited from a dad who had a high football IQ personally coaching which helped him to be mentally prepared, his redshirt helped as well.

Coach Smith’s teams always had that “deer in the headlights” look when playing Union, BA or Jenks. He was good for 7-3 seasons but nothing better. I wouldn’t give him too much credit for Paul’s development.

He wanted to bring on a son as an assistant and was told we have one too many Smiths in this town already. There are a few other stories that shouldn’t be repeated on a public board. Not many miss him.

I remember covering an Owasso-Jenks game when Smith was a senior where Smith was lighting up the Trojans. Jenks won, of course, but it was real close. More importantly, Smith had about 250 yards passing in the first 1 1/2 quarters. Owasso couldn't stop Jenks when it had to. The score was something like 32-28

I remember covering an Owasso-Jenks game when Smith was a senior where Smith was lighting up the Trojans. Jenks won, of course, but it was real close. More importantly, Smith had about 250 yards passing in the first 1 1/2 quarters. Owasso couldn't stop Jenks when it had to. The score was something like 32-28

That must have been a different season. Paul lost to Jenks 28-0 his senior year.

My mind might be playing tricks on me. It could have been against Union.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT