ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs NWS game thread

Another series for Francis at QB. Probably use Francis and Williams at QB the rest of the game. Legas shouldn’t see the field.

There's quite a few different wrinkles in the offense tonight.

The reverse
TE lined up as a wide out

Probably others that I didn't notice.

We have TEs who can catch the ball. Grayson Tempest with a nice catch and run in the screen. Considering our defense and ST have had 2 really big plays against them, we're not playing terrible and probably as we should against this team.

And I don't know what the hell our Kicker nis thinking kicking the ball OB in the kickoff. Why???

7 pts away from tying are highest scoring output in the Wilson era.

Team Stats​

Northwestern State Demons
Tulsa Golden Hurricane
1st Downs617
3rd down efficiency1-74-7
4th down efficiency0-01-1
Total Yards88356
Passing33257
Comp-Att4-1218-23
Yards per pass2.811.2
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing5599
Rushing Attempts1817
Yards per rush3.15.8
Penalties2-203-30
Turnovers00
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown00
Possession15:3514:25

That was a nice drive for TU. Imagine that, Presley can see the ball and is actually catching it. The last catch was phenomenal because the throw was a little late and slow to get to him.

We can all exhale now. Clear that NW St's 2 TDs have been largely flukes.

We still have issues in the kicking game which need to get sorted out because going for it on 4th and 3 from the 25 when you should be kicking FGs is not always going to work out going against non-extended HS competition.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
I like the use of the TE's so far. Reminds me a bit of how Brian Kelly would use TE's at Cincy and ND... and he produced a lot of good ones.

Team Stats​

Northwestern State Demons
Tulsa Golden Hurricane
1st Downs617
3rd down efficiency1-74-7
4th down efficiency0-01-1
Total Yards88356
Passing33257
Comp-Att4-1218-23
Yards per pass2.811.2
Interceptions thrown00
Rushing5599
Rushing Attempts1817
Yards per rush3.15.8
Penalties2-203-30
Turnovers00
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown00
Possession15:3514:25
I'm ready to see if the OL excels with Marks. Defense looks good except that one pass play early.

Glad to see Presley picking up a few extra chances. That's the only good thing about Ballard going out. Anybody know what his injury was?
He put his hands to his knee on TV. Seemed like he wasn't putting too much weight on that knee walking off the field.... but the fact that he did walk off at all makes you think it might be something manageable.

He put his hands to his knee on TV. Seemed like he wasn't putting too much weight on that knee walking off the field.... but the fact that he did walk off at all makes you think it might be something manageable.
On replay it looked like he missed a step

Glad to see Presley picking up a few extra chances. That's the only good thing about Ballard going out. Anybody know what his injury was?
Getting his eyes fixed and seeing the ball, Magic!

Benjamin worries me, he wasn’t putting much weight on it and clearly wasn’t liking it.

Kicker just ran to the sideline and dropped to the turf. I think he’s hiding from the coach. Trainers working on a ‘cramp’ now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT