ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs NWS game thread

2 of their tds have came off of special team screw ups , got to clean that up this week

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
waterboy-fantasy-football.gif

Just noticed something - no guys on the cheer squad for probably the first time in my lifetime.

Just noticed something - no guys on the cheer squad for probably the first time in my lifetime.
There was a short period in the early 2010's when they were missing. I recall a couple of the cheerleaders lobbying some of the bigger guys at parties to do it because they didn't have any.

Also, I had predicted that we would socre 63 so that extra point we missed is the explainable reason.

• Haha
Reactions: rusty-c
There was a short period in the early 2010's when they were missing. I recall a couple of the cheerleaders lobbying some of the bigger guys at parties to do it because they didn't have any.
Well when you only give a marginal scholarship and they don't compete it's hard to get the guys who did it in Hs when they have lots of options to go to schools that take the cheer side more seriously than just being sideline fodder at football and basketball games.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Tempest's mistake is one that you almost expect from a FR trying to do something to make a play in what is likely a rare opportunity. That one is more understandable than the blocked short FG or the OB kickoffs. It's not been terrible tonight, actually the starting groups looked good against a bad team and the 2nd stringers not as good. There have been some mistakes that should get cleaned up with just a word or two from the coaches.

The running game doesn’t look bad. Crooks now running wild.

Tempest's mistake is one that you almost expect from a FR trying to do something to make a play in what is likely a rare opportunity. That one is more understandable than the blocked short FG or the OB kickoffs. It's not been terrible tonight, actually the starting groups looked good against a bad team and the 2nd stringers not as good. There have been some mistakes that should get cleaned up with just a word or two from the coaches.
Lots of kicking errors.

I am cautiously optimistic that we may have turned a corner.

QB, RB, WR and TE play was immaculate. Benjamin and Francis have obviously got a connection. Each of the backs from Watkins to Crooks were amazing. Defense seems to be able to adapt quickly and Marcheselli, Potter, and Jackson were lit, along with Owen. Our returns haven't looked this good since Demaris.

Dislikes: Kicking is a mess. Giving up random explosive plays.

I got the impression that a number of people thought that the guy kicking the field goals and extra points was the same guy that was kicking off for us. Let me disabuse you of that thought. It was not the same guy.

We have two short range kickers and two long range kickers. Morgan is a short range kicker and was responsible for the 2 or 3 kicking miscues today on field goals and extra points.

The guy kicking off, and putting most of them out of the end zone is Malphurs, out of Texas. We do not have a Jeckyll & Hyde kicker.

Last edited:
Reactions: quincy101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT