Sep 23, 2004
- Cure Bowl (Orlando) Dec 19 2:00 EST vs Sun Belt
- Miami Bowl (Miami) Dec 21 at 2:30 EST vs C-USA
- Boca Raton Bowl (Boca FL) Dec 22 at 7:00 EST vs MAC
- Hawaii Bowl (Honolulu) Dec 24 at 8:00 EST vs BYU or Mtn West
- St Petersburg Bowl (St Petersburg FL) Dec 26 at 11:00 EST vs C-USA
- Military Bowl (Annapolis Md) Dec 28 at 2:30 EST vs ACC
- Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham AL) Dec 30 Noon EST - vs SEC

According to some reports the conference does not have a bowl pecking order. Instead they try to have a geographic alignment.

Last edited:
AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
Boca Raton Bowl vs. MAC
Hawaii Bowl vs. Mountain WestMiami Beach Bowl vs. Mountain WestSt. Petersburg Bowl vs. ACCMilitary Bowl presented by Northrop G

According to some reports the conference does not have a bowl pecking order. Instead they try to have a geographic alignment. That makes Hawaii seem a likely option unless they want Navy there instead.

Navy is in the military bowl.

Reactions: TU_BLA
C-USA will not fill all their slots so we could go elsewhere too.

We'll only go elsewhere if the AAC has an extra bowl eligible team. We need to root for ECU tomorrow for that to happen. Heart of Dallas is still a possibility but I hear that they want Washington. I can't imagine many Husky fans traveling to Dallas the day after Xmas though.

Last prediction I saw had us in the Heart of Dallas Bowl in place of a Big 12 team. They have seven tie ins and only six eligible teams plus a team in the CFP of OU wins tomorrow. That would put us against a CUSA team if they fill it. Easy road trip.

rooting for Dallas or for the team, for Hawaii

Even though the three Florida bowls are a short drive away for me, I want them to play and beat the best team available. That would be BYU in Hawaii against a sell out or near sell out partisan BYU crowd, given the large LDS population on the island and their branch campus there. Some of the seniors probably want a second shot at those jokers too.

Last edited:
Should we be rooting against ECU today which would virtually guarantee our bowl invite?

Per a coaches son (approx. 11-12 years old) we will be going to the Hawaii bowl. I realize that's a terrible source, but that's all I've got.

No. People on conference board speculate Memphis to Hawaii & Tulsa to Cure Bowl in Orlando. It is still just speculation.
Orlando would be awesome. My boss is always trying to get me to come to the Orlando office

I hate playing Sunbelt teams but at least we would be competitive.

Independence Bowl would be fun. We were in the first one and lost a cold one in '89.

Independence Bowl would be fun. We were in the first one and lost a cold one in '89.
We were there as well in 89. Man that was a cold night. Don't forget Oregon fumbled at the two yard line. Replay would have confirmed. Tulsa would have won that game.

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Tulsa will be going to one of the AAC bowls unless UH or Temple do not go to a New Years Day Bowl (and that is highly unlikely). Since the picks are assigned by geography rather than rank Hawaii seems most likely for TU. Most sources within TU and the conference are indicating that we will be in Hawaii but should Temple beat UH things could change.

Possible options and dates:
- Cure Bowl (Orlando) Dec 19 2:00 EST vs Sun Belt (Most likely UConn vs a Pac 12 team since Sun Belt may only have 3 eligible teams Ark St, App St and GA Southern that are committed elsewhere)
- Miami Bowl (Miami) Dec 21 at 2:30 EST vs C-USA (probably Cincy or Temple vs Marshall or another eastern division C-USA team)
- Boca Raton Bowl (Boca FL) Dec 22 at 7:00 EST vs MAC (probably Temple or Cincy vs Toledo or Ohio)
- Hawaii Bowl (Honolulu) Dec 24 at 8:00 EST vs BYU or Mtn West (Colo St or Utah St) likely Tulsa
- St Petersburg Bowl (St Petersburg FL) Dec 26 at 11:00 EST vs C-USA (USF seems likely and C-USA can't fill all their bowls so may be a Mtn West team)
- Military Bowl (Annapolis Md) Dec 28 at 2:30 EST - Navy is a lock for this bowl vs ACC (Pitt or NC St)
- Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham AL) Dec 30 Noon EST - vs SEC (Most think Memphis vs Auburn)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Cure bowl versus pac12 would be interesting actually. We almost never play pac12.

Thing is that Temple has a good shot at winning that game. Not 50 50 but I reckon 30 pct chance or better.

A question about the Hawaii Bowl - does TU typically put together a package that we could use that would include air travel, hotel, etc?

Reactions: LindaKlein
We were there as well in 89. Man that was a cold night. Don't forget Oregon fumbled at the two yard line. Replay would have confirmed. Tulsa would have won that game.
I was there as well. Rode the bus chartered for students. Froze my a$$ off at the game. Found some locals who offered some nasty hooch. Only thing that kept me from freezing to death.

Reactions: goldfan83
It's looking like your young source will be correct, especially if Houston wins on Saturday. If so, I hope we play CSU or USU instead of BYU.
I'm partial to CSU or Nevada myself. BYU is very problematic as is Boise St. The MWC has, I believe, 7 bowl eligible teams to our eight.

I surveyed the bowl projections out there for us.
Here are the wildly speculative opponents we've been projected to go against:

BYU, Colorado St., San Jose St., Ohio, Missouri, Appalachia St., & Georgia St.

Just read that BYU is likely going to the Las Vegas bowl.
They can play either in the Hawaii bowl or the Las Vegas Bowl. They are contractually obligated to play in the other bowl in 2019, if they are bowl eligible that year. BYU likes playing in Las Vegas. It's their preferred bowl destination. The fan base can drive there and the airport has lots of flights. They won't admit it, but they like the optics of a large group of visitors not gambling while they are there. That said, the Hawaii bowl is considered a step down by their fan base and since it's a down year for them, many insiders believe they will get the obligation to go to Hawaii once out of the way this year.

Reactions: XOut88
I surveyed the bowl projections out there for us.
Here are the wildly speculative opponents we've been projected to go against:

BYU, Colorado St., San Jose St., Ohio, Missouri, Appalachia St., & Georgia St.

Missouri announced today that they won't accept a bowl bid.

The possible 5 win teams to get bids are Nebraska, Kansas State, Minnesota, San Jose and either Illinois or Rice.

There are a couple of Sunbelt teams that still have a chance at 6.

According to the conference commissioner, the AAC will likely provide a team for the Independence Bowl this year. It's at about the 8 minute mark in the linked teleconference. Do they still play that game at night? The last time we were there was probably the coldest that I've ever been at a football game.

http://www.scout.com/college/temple...e-aresco-on-today-s-aac-weekly-teleconference
The Independence bowl's kick off is 4:45 pm on Saturday the 26th.

I just saw the APR criteria so that likely will rule out ECU but if it was performance based then ----

ECU should get an invite. They beat TU and VA Tech (bowl teams) and lost to bowl teams (Navy, Temple, USF, UConn, CIncy, BYU and Fla). All seven losses to bowl teams and two wins against bowl teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumpuckeroo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT