ADVERTISEMENT

Trump conviction

she was speaker of the house at the time; making hay, while . .
Error in judgment on her part.

Hiding out while your supporters destroy government buildings. Waiting hours before asking them to leave. That is a special and scary kind of wicked.

Imagine if you saw your neighbors house being invaded and taken over by a gang or a mob. Would you just walk away to your TV room to get away from the noise and do nothing at all to help? Even if your neighbor might not be your favorite person? In what universe is that a human reaction or even slightly OK or acceptable.

I would venture a guess that even the most ardent Trump defenders on this board are pretty good humans. They would try to help that neighbor with the home invasion. They would have tried to call off that DC mob quickly.

His inaction speaks volumes about the person. I am really stunned how anyone could consider wanting him as president under any circumstance.

And to the matter at hand, who cares about a guy like that? His lawyers are paid to care and they will do what they do. I will not care.

Last edited:
NY sued a businessman for misstating collateral where no one lost a single penny. No loan went into default. In fact, the lender supported the valuations and stated they would make the loans again. Such a lawsuit is largely unprecedented. Moreover, the suit was brought by an AG who promised to “take down” an individual of a rival political party as part of her campaign. Once she took office she went through a political rivals business records until she found something she thought she could take to court Surely you can see the dangerous precedent being set here.
They only said they would loan it to him again because with those large amounts of money, they don't trust him to be honest, and did their own checking. Of course it didn't go into default. If it had been anywhere near default, you would have seen him declare bankruptcy, and cost everybody involved. When he gets in trouble, everybody except him suffers, creditors, lenders, workers, suppliers, etc. I don't think he got this treatment because he didn't deserve it. NO ONE has pulled the kind of crap he has pulled in modern times. And you'd be hard pressed to find someone in our complete history who has pulled the crap he has.

I can tell you, he has pushed the democratic party much further left, and the general public to extremes they have never been at. If any, and I mean any of the Republicans besides him had been elected, they would have not received the same treatment as him. It wasn't like he was treated that way because lots of Hillary fans were p.o.ed. It was because of all the crap he pulled. I hope that after he leaves office, that no Republicans or Democrats keep pulling this on each other. But if they do, it can be attributed to him, and his actions whether it's Republicans, or Democrats, or both. That's not the worst fear I have, of them doing similar actions. It's up their with my worst fears, but I've got four or five others that get equal billing. He has made all our branches of government weaker.

The world hates him, and we are less respected than we were before him. The world has gone in directions it would not have gone if he had not been in office. We are on the brink of civil war because of him. He has disrupted our democracy like nobody ever has before. It's all because of his ignorance & insecurity, and him being a sociopath and a narcissist. I don't think we have had a President in office with as many psychological problems as him, and that's saying something.

I don't blame Democrats for doing what Republicans should have been doing to him a long time ago. He should have been pilloried, but Republicans were scared of the populist support he got out of the worst part of America. I guarantee you the Republicans would have handled this differently, and kept the nomination in 2016 with anybody else, if they knew the depths we would sink to with him, and the difficulty of ever raising our country out of those depths. They would have found a way to keep him out of office if they had known what would come to pass.

He would have found that he had very few supporters and very limited finances coming to him in 2016, if anybody had a crystal ball. The only ones who might have supported him would have been a few people like Newt Gingrich, Rudolph Guliani, Lindsay Graham etc. And Graham would only have supported him until the Republican party pulled support. Sniveling Graham follows power, because he can't amass any of it on his own.

There are people in our government that I wanted out of our government, who showed themselves to be admirable in comparison, when they saw what he was. People like Bolton and Sessions. As I said before this may lead to repetitive behaviors by both parties as Bragg has behaved. But that can also be laid upon the Republicans who refused to convict Trump of his second Impeachment. There should have been more Republicans with the cahonas of Cheney. I cannot just separate the one instance with Bragg's conviction, when there were many before it that led here. Ignorant people like judge Cannon are letting Trump do exactly what he wants not because she is a good judge, but because she supports him. I don't hear you complaining about that. That sets a precedent.

Stepping off soap box cuz I'm tired of typing. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: bluegold70 and TU83
They only said they would loan it to him again because with those large amounts of money, they don't trust him to be honest, and did their own checking. Of course it didn't go into default. If it had been anywhere near default, you would have seen him declare bankruptcy, and cost everybody involved. When he gets in trouble, everybody except him suffers, creditors, lenders, workers, suppliers, etc. I don't think he got this treatment because he didn't deserve it. NO ONE has pulled the kind of crap he has pulled in modern times. And you'd be hard pressed to find someone in our complete history who has pulled the crap he has.

I can tell you, he has pushed the democratic party much further left, and the general public to extremes they have never been at. If any, and I mean any of the Republicans besides him had been elected, they would have not received the same treatment as him. It wasn't like he was treated that way because lots of Hillary fans were p.o.ed. It was because of all the crap he pulled. I hope that after he leaves office, that no Republicans or Democrats keep pulling this on each other. But if they do, it can be attributed to him, and his actions whether it's Republicans, or Democrats, or both. That's not the worst fear I have, of them doing similar actions. It's up their with my worst fears, but I've got four or five others that get equal billing. He has made all our branches of government weaker.

The world hates him, and we are less respected than we were before him. The world has gone in directions it would not have gone if he had not been in office. We are on the brink of civil war because of him. He has disrupted our democracy like nobody ever has before. It's all because of his ignorance & insecurity, and him being a sociopath and a narcissist. I don't think we have had a President in office with as many psychological problems as him, and that's saying something.

I don't blame Democrats for doing what Republicans should have been doing to him a long time ago. He should have been pilloried, but Republicans were scared of the populist support he got out of the worst part of America. I guarantee you the Republicans would have handled this differently, and kept the nomination in 2016 with anybody else, if they knew the depths we would sink to with him, and the difficulty of ever raising our country out of those depths. They would have found a way to keep him out of office if they had known what would come to pass.

He would have found that he had very few supporters and very limited finances coming to him in 2016, if anybody had a crystal ball. The only ones who might have supported him would have been a few people like Newt Gingrich, Rudolph Guliani, Lindsay Graham etc. And Graham would only supported him until the Republican party pulled support. Sniveling Graham follows power, because he can't amass any of it on his own.

There are people in our government that I wanted out of our government, who showed themselves to be admirable in comparison, when they saw what he was. People like Bolton and Sessions. As I said before this may lead to repetitive behaviors by both parties as Bragg has behaved. But that can also be laid upon the Republicans who refused to convict Trump of his second Impeachment. There should have been more Republicans with the cahonas of Cheney. I cannot just separate the one instance with Bragg's conviction, when there were many before it that led here. Ignorant people like judge Cannon are letting Trump do exactly what he wants not because she is a good judge, but because she supports him. I don't hear you complaining about that. That sets a precedent.

The second impeachment was 100% warranted if only for dereliction of duty.

Cards on the table - I was hoping to have the chance to vote for Nikki Haley over Biden. Now it has to be Biden. Kennedy is a different type of wacko so it has to be Biden. God help America if Trump somehow wins.

It's also a shame the prosecutors screwed up the Georgia case. That one is another smoking gun - morally if not legally. To shake down the top election official in a state to find just enough votes to change a result? That's third world dictatorship bull****.

Wake up folks! Don't be misdirected and distracted by all the little things people keep bringing up. Don't even be distracted by policy. This is a sick man that is capable of pretty much anything to protect himself and his ego.

Cards on the table - I was hoping to have the chance to vote for Nikki Haley over Biden. Now it has to be Biden. Kennedy is a different type of wacko so it has to be Biden. God help America if Trump somehow wins.

It's also a shame the prosecutors screwed up the Georgia case. That one is another smoking gun - morally if not legally. To shake down the top election official in a state to find just enough votes to change a result? That's third world dictatorship bull****.

Wake up folks! Don't be misdirected and distracted by all the little things people keep bringing up. Don't even be distracted by policy. This is a sick man that is capable of pretty much anything to protect himself and his ego.
If I had my choice, I'd take Nikki w/ Cheney or Condoleeza Rice as her VP. I'm thinking the vp candidates would keep her from going too much, whichever way the wind was blowing. Nikki bends into a pretzel if you let her. I imagine she had to be pretzel shaped to walk away from Trump in good favor.

Reactions: drboobay

who is protecting who?
Open up hunter's laptop, release the tape of Joe's interview about classified docs

This is what amazes me now.

1. The loan performed! so, the lying about all the documents? All good!!!! It is only bad if they go bad. Do you a problem here bruh? BTW, many of trump's loans have not performed over the years too.

2. One never answered the new standard created by the Republican Party. Does a democratic president get to go burn down the capitol now after each election after claiming election fraud?

I mean it is friggin hilarious the knocks you all tie yourselves in to justify the ridiculous behaviour of this man. It's wild. I don't get it. To listen to these commentators act like oh, my god whatever shall we do? It's like the vice president will run the show, bro, and Trump goes to jail. It is that simple. Why is this so complicated?

The irony is he had no chance of winning the state of NY. Didn’t matter whether the story broke or not. Presidents having an extra marital affair matters little in the mind of voters these days. I thought he made a mistake in not claiming he hid the affair for the sake of his marriage ala Bill Clinton. In any event, as I said above I’m not aware of any prior felony prosecution of a misdemeanor where no loss was suffered by any party. Much like his civil prosecution. Which again concerns me more than the criminal. The state sued a businessman for allegedly overstating the value of collateral used on a performing loan. I assume NY went through all his business dealings until they found something they thought they could use at trial? Care to argue this wasn’t political ?
The state sued him because he overstated the value of his property and then turned around and said his property was worth ten cents on property taxes. It can't be both. You should go look at what he did, which I doubt you have. From what I have seen on this thread, most Trumpians don't read about the entirety of the cases.

He would have found that he had very few supporters and very limited finances coming to him in 2016, if anybody had a crystal ball. The only ones who might have supported him would have been a few people like Newt Gingrich, Rudolph Guliani, Lindsay Graham etc. And Graham would only supported him until the Republican party pulled support. Sniveling Graham follows power, because he can't amass any of it on his own.

Isn’t the more relevant inquiry, that despite all that you argue, a majority of Americans still prefer all of that you list to the current alternative or other possible outcomes?

That the frustration of the American people at systems they view as broken or designed to injure and not benefit them, that the leadership is so distant and out of tune, that the government is so brazen in its lies it appears to dismiss with contempt the common sense at the American kitchen table, has so eroded our government solutions that they now view it as being worth an equal dose of contempt by electing what the establishment view as an iconoclastic demagogue?

There’s a social contract in this country. A majority view it as broken for varying reasons. Complaining about Trump or calling him crazy or dangerous ignores the very real and fundamental cracks in our institutions that if left unresolved, like the log rolling spending of our Congress, will be the end of us.

If they don’t vote for him, they may just vote for someone you find worse.

Isn’t the more relevant inquiry, that despite all that you argue, a majority of Americans still prefer all of that you list to the current alternative or other possible outcomes?

That the frustration of the American people at systems they view as broken or designed to injure and not benefit them, that the leadership is so distant and out of tune, that the government is so brazen in its lies it appears to dismiss with contempt the common sense at the American kitchen table, has so eroded our government solutions that they now view it as being worth an equal dose of contempt by electing what the establishment view as an iconoclastic demagogue?

There’s a social contract in this country. A majority view it as broken for varying reasons. Complaining about Trump or calling him crazy or dangerous ignores the very real and fundamental cracks in our institutions that if left unresolved, like the log rolling spending of our Congress, will be the end of us.

Biden reminds me of Eddie Haskell.

Reactions: HuffyCane

None of these problems you talk about get resolved by Trump. That's the funny thing people don't see. It's not my fault a small majority of the public is fooled into thinking it will be better with him. I know the ignorance my family and most of his die hard fans support him with. I've sat and heard their conversations about it, as a fly on the wall.

The congress won't be doing much less log rolling spending with Trump in office. That still will not be addressed. What slightly less log rolling the congress will do, will be counteracted by reducing taxes. So how will that do anything to fix it. Trump will do nothing of any consequence to curb our spending. I just see them rearranging the log rolling. I don't see Trump fixing any of these problems you complain about.

Who is it you speak of that is worse? Kennedy? He might be equally bad, but he isn't worse.

I guess that I simply cannot connect with it. None of it resonates with me at any deep level.

I will admit with you this could be a personal flaw - the inability to connect with whatever social contract people think has been broken. I just don't get it and probably will not ever get it.

Even thinking about where I stand versus 4 years ago, I don't get it. I was dealing with a 20% pay cut due to the pandemic and partially isolated in my home, listening to a president talk about injecting cleansers. No doubt I am better off today. By far. Despite inflation. I would suspect most others are in the same boat, but I guess I don't know that.

Again, the ennui doesn't resonate at all. It is hard for me to grasp either emotionally or intellectually.

Last edited:
I guess that I simply cannot connect with it. None of it resonates with me at any deep level.

I will admit with you this could be a personal flaw - the inability to connect with whatever social contract people think has been broken. I just don't get it and probably will not ever get it.

Even thinking about where I stand versus 4 years ago, I don't get it. I was dealing with a 20% pay cut due to the pandemic and partially isolated in my home, listening to a president talk about injecting cleansers. No doubt I am better off today. By far. Despite inflation. I would suspect most others are in the same boat, but I guess I don't know that.

Again, the ennui doesn't resonate at all. It is hard for me to grasp either emotionally or intellectually.
I don’t believe people are looking at the question “are they better off today than 4 years ago”. They are looking at “am I better off today than I was pre world pandemic”. Currently a majority are saying yes to the latter. Lots of time between now and November and I’m confident more bombshells are incoming. Truth be told we are damned with either of these guys as neither have shown any desire to address the upcoming debt crisis. Both Dems and Pubs have failed us. Which is why I will be voting for a 3rd party this go around. If Europe can have multiple political parties surely we can as well. Now is the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
None of these problems you talk about get resolved by Trump. That's the funny thing people don't see. It's not my fault a small majority of the public is fooled into thinking it will be better with him. I know the ignorance my family and most of his die hard fans support him with. I've sat and heard their conversations about it, as a fly on the wall.

The congress won't be doing much less log rolling spending with Trump in office. That still will not be addressed. What slightly less log rolling the congress will do, will be counteracted by reducing taxes. So how will that do anything to fix it. Trump will do nothing of any consequence to curb our spending. I just see them rearranging the log rolling. I don't see Trump fixing any of these problems you complain about.

Who is it you speak of that is worse? Kennedy? He might be equally bad, but he isn't worse.
I think they absolutely see that he won’t solve it. They are pissed off and want to cause as much chaos as possible until the elite ruling class come to the table with actual real solutions as opposed to endless schemes to enrich their friends.

President Majorie Taylor Greene? Vice President Laura Loomer?

President Tommy Tuberville?

I haven’t subscribed to Lexus Nexus in years. I don’t have the need to research case law often in dealing with real estate and banking. When I do I call in a favor.

NY claimed the misdemeanors (misreported a business expense on company books) was done in an effort to promote the election of someone by unlawful means. The judge never defined the term “unlawful means”. It’s this legal theory which I’ve never seen used to bring felony charges. Again…I would tend to give NY some leeway even after the DA’s campaign rhetoric but the civil case makes such grace dubious imo. Looks like a focused effort based on politics.

Those cases you cited all resulted in losses to either individuals or the state from a quick glance. Don’t see many similarities.

Again…Trump can rot as far as I’m concerned. The precedent here is political prosecution and that’s what I’m worried about. The civil case actually might concern me more than the criminal. Especially given NY’s history.
People that have committed Murder shouldn't speed on the highway.....

I would not put it past the RNC to run one of those guys as the party currently stands..... which is incredibly sad. Bernie is about as close as we've come to that on the other side.... but I would argue that he could wipe the floor with those three in terms of intellect.

I think they absolutely see that he won’t solve it. They are pissed off and want to cause as much chaos as possible until the elite ruling class come to the table with actual real solutions as opposed to endless schemes to enrich their friends.
I love it when the Good Liar guys interview Trump supporters about what they want or think Trump did, and they are all things Biden did. It's too funny. What's a Matter with Kansas is the greatest book ever written about politics.

I don’t believe people are looking at the question “are they better off today than 4 years ago”. They are looking at “am I better off today than I was pre world pandemic”. Currently a majority are saying yes to the latter. Lots of time between now and November and I’m confident more bombshells are incoming. Truth be told we are damned with either of these guys as neither have shown any desire to address the upcoming debt crisis. Both Dems and Pubs have failed us. Which is why I will be voting for a 3rd party this go around. If Europe can have multiple political parties surely we can as well. Now is the time.
if you consider my portfolio be worth 80% of what it was, pre Biden

If they think one of those guys could beat Biden more power to them. If they really wanted a chance to beat Biden, they would put up somebody like Haley if you are talking about putting up a new candidate that could win. Nobody would think MTG could beat Biden. MTG would pull 30% and that's it. The only way MTG would have a chance is if Kennedy pulled a large # of voters. Then they'd be taking a chance that it could be Biden or Kennedy. The smart bet would be Nikki.

If you are talking about the voting populace as a whole, they don't have a clue what they want. I think maybe you give too much credence to a guiding hand behind all of this. And anybody who thinks there is a guiding hand who has any real thoughts about salvation of the republic, should look at the guiding hands that are behind the Trump administration. Guys like the Stephen twins, Bannon & Miller. A drunk and a nazi, with wonderful morals. And I don't say Nazi lightly. He truly is a Nazi,(Miller) unlike some people who have had this moniker thrown at them without fully justifiable cause.

Oh yeah I forgot the throw in the wonderful Roger Stone. The trickster.

....????....????....????? You clearly weren't invested in NVIDIA, Apple, Microsoft, Exxon or any bluechip stocks.

Maybe you have all your money in Boeing?
day to day expences:
now a 9oz steak costs what a 12oz steak did. Gasoline is $4.00 instead of $2.00.
Groceries cost 20 to 30 percent more.

BTW, many of trump's loans have not performed over the years too.
As long as this one loan did not go into default or bankruptcy was not declared, it's all good. For the bank, the risk of these kind actions is for the entirety of his loans, not just this one loan. Will this be the one, or not? We all know his history in bankruptcy court.

As long as this one loan did not go into default or bankruptcy was not declared, it's all good. For the bank, the risk of these kind actions is for the entirety of his loans, not just this one loan. Will this be the one, or not? We all know his history in bankruptcy court.
I go for a loan and use my house as collateral. Tax records say it is worth $300,000.00, I tell the bank, it's worth $600,000.00.

No crime has been committed.

• Haha
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I go for a loan and use my house as collateral. Tax records say it is worth $300,000.00, I tell the bank, it's worth $600,000.00.

No crime has been committed.
I'm guessing you signed several things that said you were honest in all your dealings with the bank, upon penalty of the law. READ THE FINE PRINT.

i can assess my house for what I think it is worth. Its s up to the lender to validate FMV
It is up to the lender to determine fmv for the lenders responsibilities as a lending institution. But your responsibility is also to value your house somewhere near fmv, according to the fine print you sign off on. They must meet their responsibilities in order to be a lender. But that does not alleviate you of your responsibilities if you sign the paperwork in applying for the loan. If it's within reason yeah you can do that. But if you valued it at 2 or 3 times what it was worth, and it get's taken to court you will lose. You just have never had a lending institution take you to court on it. That does not mean you didn't break the law. Just because you do not get pulled over every time you speed, does not mean you haven't broken the law repetitively.

It is up to the lender to determine fmv for the lenders responsibilities as a lending institution. But your responsibility is also to value your house somewhere near fmv, according to the fine print you sign off on. They must meet their responsibilities in order to be a lender. But that does not alleviate you of your responsibilities if you sign the paperwork in applying for the loan. If it's within reason yeah you can do that. But if you valued it at 2 or 3 times what it was worth, and it get's taken to court you will lose. You just have never had a lending institution take you to court on it. That does not mean you didn't break the law. Just because you do not get pulled over every time you speed, does not mean you haven't broken the law repetitively.
Lenders don’t give a damn how much you believe your house is worth. Heck…if you purchased the residence over 5 years ago you likely don’t know the current value. Lenders hire independent appraisers which place a value on the property which in turn sets the upper limit the lender will loan on the property. For larger commercial and more complex loans the collateral is appraised and in most cases the appraised value is then reviewed by a loan committee before the loan is approved. If questions regarding the appraised valuations are raised then re-appraisals are ordered. Being in the business I obviously take issue with government placing huge fines on borrowers and not lenders and appraisers if they feel values were overstated. After all, it’s the lenders and appraisers who are establishing values. Going after parties on performing loans is simply bizarre imo. Never seen it

Lenders don’t give a damn how much you believe your house is worth. Heck…if you purchased the residence over 5 years ago you likely don’t know the current value. Lenders hire independent appraisers which place a value on the property which in turn sets the upper limit the lender will loan on the property. For larger commercial and more complex loans the collateral is appraised and in most cases the appraised value is then reviewed by a loan committee before the loan is approved. If questions regarding the appraised valuations are raised then re-appraisals are ordered. Being in the business I obviously take issue with government placing huge fines on borrowers and not lenders and appraisers if they feel values were overstated. After all, it’s the lenders and appraisers who are establishing values. Going after parties on performing loans is simply bizarre imo. Never seen it
Not as bizarre as government officials after they’ve finished a prosecution holding a press conference afterwards where they tell the public, don’t worry we aren’t going to do this to anyone else.

Reactions: lawpoke87
The way I see it, it's like Elliot Ness and Al Capone. They wanted Capone convicted on murder, but settled for tax evasion and prohibition. He'll get out of the federal charges, if he gets elected. The charge of election fraud in Georgia is what I want him to get convicted on, more than these charges about property valuation and fraud on business records.

Not as bizarre as government officials after they’ve finished a prosecution holding a press conference afterwards where they tell the public, don’t worry we aren’t going to do this to anyone else.
Show me the press conference that said it. What would never happen again? It didn't happen. You are lying. What they probably said this was not like anything else that has happened before, which is accurate.

Why won't any Trumplican answer my question?

Does a democratic candidate get to lose an election, call a mob to DC, let the mob go burn down Congress and kill Capitol police, call them great patriots, say they should all get pardons and then go up to Capitol Hill for worship?

Is this the new standard? Does this go on every election now?

Why won't any Trumplican answer my question?

Does a democratic candidate get to lose an election, call a mob to DC, let the mob go burn down Congress and kill Capitol police, call them great patriots, say they should all get pardons and then go up to Capitol Hill for worship?

Is this the new standard? Does this go on every election now?
lots of unaddressed voting problems. None prosecuted,but If you own the judges,, . . as in NY

Nancy Pelosi took responsibility for that because she didn't request the NG.

it's amazing how the narrative changes when ALL the facts are presented.
That doesn't change the narrative except in your own mind. She was in the middle of it, and made a mistake. Trump just sat there and watched it from afar, with no thoughts but pride at the idiots that were doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT