ADVERTISEMENT

tired

I am kind of numb. It hurts less now since I am expecting to lose.

I am extremely frustrated however don’t put me on the fire coach list. If the team was getting blown out, I might have a different opinion but we have been in every game this season.

Reactions: quincy101
He is 4-10 in games decided by a td or less. We are keeping games close because of the players. We are losing because of the coach.

This is correct. Montgomery lost the game last night by playing not to lose.
True. He even said he played conservative on third down in the final drive to keep his redshirt freshman QB from dealing with a tough situation and avoid a turnover.

That is no way to win. We could all see the offense needed to contribute in the 4th to win. Except the coach.

Yes he says he has confidence in his QBs.

Screen PASS YOU STUPID COACH. when your qb is a redshirt guy screen passes give him confidence.

True. He even said he played conservative on third down in the final drive to keep his redshirt freshman QB from dealing with a tough situation and avoid a turnover.

That is no way to win. We could all see the offense needed to contribute in the 4th to win. Except the coach.

Yes he says he has confidence in his QBs.
And why the President thing at QB on the biggest 3rd down of the game? It's not even fair to him. The guy has not played the whole game. It had been 3 hours since he warmed up. I can't think of a positive play he has made this year. It just doesn't make any sense.

That is the play he was talking about. He was trying to avoid a turnover. He designed a big third down play expressly to avoid a turnover.

Maybe we should have just taken a knee. That would have been even safer per this logic.

Loading the box, should have been a pass on first down. Needed to stem the tide and get something going.

Loading the box, should have been a pass on first down. Needed to stem the tide and get something going.
Nope, not our coaches style. We are going to run it 3 times, avoid a turnover, punt and hope to win the game. Did the same thing at Houston.

I was really mad about the stupid jet sweep call from our own end zone, but this is even harder to take.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Nope, not our coaches style. We are going to run it 3 times, avoid a turnover, punt and hope to win the game. Did the same thing at Houston.

I was really mad about the stupid jet sweep call from our own end zone, but this is even harder to take.
Small but important point on how we are missing the details on offense.

I do not agree with the tactic but if your goal in q4 is to run the clock down and hope to squeak out a win you should do it with some precision and discipline. We snapped the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock on several of our 9 plays in q4. Those 30 seconds would have made a difference.

Reactions: TU Pilot
If you’re ahead by two touchdowns and you have your foot on their neck, you keep them there by running up the score and keeping your offense on the field. Monty doesn’t have the killer instinct to win. I’m convinced of it.

Reactions: crow4435
If you’re ahead by two touchdowns and you have your foot on their neck, you keep them there by running up the score and keeping your offense on the field. Monty doesn’t have the killer instinct to win. I’m convinced of it.

That’s how we know he was only a hall monitor on Briles staff.

Do you know how many of those games were lost in the 4th quarter?

I haven't had time to go through and look. But I'll check. Off the top of my head I think at least 5. USF and Houston this season, New Mexico, Toledo, and UConn last season, were all games we led in the fourth quarter if I remember correctly.

Reactions: noble cane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT