ADVERTISEMENT

Temple game thread

This sucks that we have shown some stretches of football where we can be pretty good on both sides...but it is not anywhere near consistent enough.

Phil, you have to sit him down. He has no awareness when his first option is not open. He fumbles every time he takes a hit because you haven’t taught your QB how to hold the ball when he becomes a runner and not a passer.

I’m pretty confident TU is gonna win this so I’m gonna watch some reruns of The Office.

I feel bad for Skipper. I so want him to do well and I'm sure he's really trying, seems like a good guy. Heck, so does President. But damn...

don't even care anymore. throw president back out. done with you monty. fraud.

4 man rush and neither tackle got a good enough block to give Skipper any time. Wright lost his man forcing Skipper up and Ivy just flat out didn’t make any contact to slow the other guy down

Feel bad because our defense hasn’t played poorly at all. DBs have actually been pretty good in pass coverage. Zaven Collins is going to be a Star. The D has played well enough in every game for us to have a chance to win and the hyped offense just can’t get it done or does something completely inept.

Because he literally has no since of coaching positions. How do you not stress to watch for the fake on your side of the 50, after a deep go on 3rd and 3?

He has no situational awareness on the field position, clock management or play calling. None.

Reactions: Original TULSAFAN
Phil, you have to sit him down. He has no awareness when his first option is not open. He fumbles every time he takes ay hit because you haven’t taught your QB how to hold the ball when he becomes a runner and not a passer.
At this point, the sloppy ball carrying by Skipper is on the coaches. I stated 2 games ago that he would fumble in EVERY game until he learns how to carry the football. Apparently coaches aren't working on this or know why it is happening ….over and over again. Make him go through an entire 2 hour practice doing nothing but holding the ball, sprints and all. If anyone sees daylight between the ball and his body, everybody runs.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Let's review.

Our defense is decent if they aren't getting put in terrible position after terrible position.

Our punter is strong.

We can run the ball.

Our QB has some ability but is irratic.

This sounds like the perfect team to run, run, run. Play field position. Get the ball back, run, run, run. Pin them deep. Get ball back. Take shot down field from around midfield. Run, play action, run, run, run.

1st quarter ends Tulsa up 7 or 3 (I know but he can kick 20 yard field goals usually) or at worst tied with the opponent pinned deep.

That's how this team can win. It's doing what it's good at and playing to it's strengths.

I like skiper as a person, but he just doesn't have the arm at all. I dont like his motion, accuracy or power.
Play calling hasn't helped though. Feel he's been put in bad situations where he has to make the difficult throws. You can't run it up the middle all the time. Have a lot to change, not just skipper

Reactions: HuffyCane
Completely not prepared for that fake. How is that possible in that situation?

I’m done with Luke Skipper. He’s the sole reason we lost this game.

I can only half blame the kids when our coach continuously (4 years now) puts our team behind. I can not think of a play call or instance where a coaching decision was clearly advantageous to us.

As a side note, notice all the position "flexibility" Temple had?

Is that flexibility maybe possible because there is a book, with the plays in it, for the players to learn, study, and use to ask questions about concepts?

You know be student athletes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT