ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Illinois Game Thread

IMO, this game turned on that banked-in 3. Plays like that can be huge momentum killers because you play good D and then just get stabbed in the heart. Just feels unfair as a player. And for the team that makes it, it makes you feel like everything is just going right.

Jeffries gets in foul trouble incredibly early, and Taplin is not close to 100%. Game.

Well hoping we “squeak” by UT Arlington.
It will be @Utah then OSU and K-State.. I hope we won’t be 5-5 by the end of the k-state game

If this is the way we play basketball for the rest of the season I could honestly see us being a .500 team or less. The bottom of the AAC is going to be a lot tougher this year.

Next 4 games will tell what kind of team we have. From what I've seen I'm not convinced we have the horses to come out of this 4 game stretch with more than 1 win. UTA will probably be a toss up. This team has no killer instinct at all yet wants to talk about having a special season. I'm not seeing it.

The teams with the better players typically win.

However, hot shooting can be the wildcard...unfortunately, TU will be outmanned against Utah, KSU and OSU.

If TU had the ability to shoot, they would have a chance for upsets. But, without the range, TU should lose all three.

5-5.

We'll win at least one against Utah, Kstate, and OSU. Haith's teams always play up and down, lose some we shouldn't, win some we shouldn't. We'll have at least one good night in those three games.(See Nevada)

Everyone is melting. Jeffries only played 17 min and was 0-1 from the field and scored 1 point. And Taplin was obviously not close to 100%.

Reactions: tupatsfan
We need to get k state at home or a cincy, etc. I don’t like this loss but it could be WAY worse.

Quit f'n mass subbing.

When people are hitting deep 3s come the f out of a zone.

This loss is purely a coaching one. It shouldn't take six games (20%) of a season to figure out your rotation. One game, two maybe, but by the sixth everyone on the team should know when they are going in and coming out.

I assume this is all Haith since we have changed some assistants and the pattern persists.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Here's what really worries me about this game. The airballs, missed layups, turnovers from bad passes, not able to do anything down the stretch. These are things that happen when players are fatigued. I am afraid this team is not in good enough shape to play two days in a row.

Here's what really worries me about this game. The airballs, missed layups, turnovers from bad passes, not able to do anything down the stretch. These are things that happen when players are fatigued. I am afraid this team is not in good enough shape to play two days in a row.

Well they won't have to till conference tournament again anyway. Which I also the next time they will have a near midnight tip off possible.

Lots of strange things in that game including Jeffries only taking 1 shot.

Seeing how we lost, that really makes me wish we didn't play Taplin. Continuing to aggravate an injury for a lost cause, possibly extending the lost cause, is really frustrating. I want him full strength by Utah, might not happen by then.

Seeing how we lost, that really makes me wish we didn't play Taplin. Continuing to aggravate an injury for a lost cause, possibly extending the lost cause, is really frustrating. I want him full strength by Utah, might not happen by then.

Agree, you need him for the run at the end of conference and conference tournament. Ankle injuries need rest and must be 100% healed for him at the end of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT