ADVERTISEMENT

Music news for old guys

drboobay

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Yesterday marked the passing of the great Mike Pinder, Mellotron king and last living co-founder of the Moody Blues. He was also a fine songwriter and vocalist, winning the Igor Novella songwriting award for the Moody Blues song "A Simple Game." He retired from music (mostly) in 1978 to California, and later worked in the video gaming industry.

He also recited the spoken word poems written by drummer Graeme Edge, such as Late Lament:

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey is yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion"

Godspeed Mike. Too many of my musical heros are passing. Tis the season it appears.

Last edited:
Yesterday marked the passing of the great Mike Pinder, Mellotron king and last living co-founder of the Moody Blues. He was also a fine songwriter and vocalist, winning the Igor Novella songwriting award for the Moody Blues song "A Simple Game." He retired from music (mostly) in 1978 to California, and later worked in the video gaming industry.

He also recited the spoken word poems written by drummer Graeme Edge, such as Late Lament:

"Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey is yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion"

Godspeed Mike. Too many of my musical heros are passing. Tis the season it appears.

For everything there is a season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT