ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Illinois Game Thread

Down 6 now. We need Taplin, Joiner, Jeffries, Igbanu, and Scott in the game now and the need to play until the game is over or they foul out. Losing to Nevada by 10 won’t hurt our post season chances, losing to SIU by 1 will.

Reactions: I.I.
We can still pull this out. Need Jeffries to have one positive play to get him going.

We can’t afford to get behind late in a game. We’re not the kind of team that can score points quickly. This loss will hurt if we don’t pull things together and win the conference.

Up 51-46 with 11 minutes to go then don’t score for 5 minutes.. no killer instinct. Hurts to watch

We’re done.
Making every team we play look like NBA 3pt shooters is this staffs biggest weakness.
Yeah, how do we manage to do that? In any single game it just looks like teams randomly get hot against us, but when you take them in aggregate that does seem to be a pattern.

At large bid may be on life support if we lose here.

We can’t afford to get behind late in a game. We’re not the kind of team that can score points quickly. This loss will hurt if we don’t pull things together and win the conference.
Frank has never gotten past the semi-finals in conference. He's historically been terrible in conference tournaments and tournaments in general. We aren't winning the conference.

In all honesty... he might be one of the worst tournament coaches in basketball history. I think he's made the finals of a tournament twice (once when Shaq caried him in the early season) in his career and consistently gets knocked out earlier than his team is seeded.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Ugh goodnight. Wake me when it’s baseball season. Least the Tulsa Drillers won a championship for the first time in 20 years.

We not only lose, we lose badly. Really glad I didn’t go to Vegas this year. I’m outa here.

Nice just inside the 3 point line jump shot. Just as famous as Monty’s 3 run up the middle plays in a row for no gain

Down 9, another mid range jumper. I refuse to believe our guys are dumb. Are they taught to take these shots?

My son is sick so I've had to watch almost the whole game on mute. I'm curious which player on Southern Illinois got their career high tonight? A reoccurring theme every time I watch a TU basketball game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT