ADVERTISEMENT

Some Crazy 2020 Bowl Facts

Tulsafanzz

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2006
Some TU fans are upset that we are playing an SEC team with a 3-7 record, I thought I would share a few facts about this crazy & hopefully unique bowl season.

-There are 9 teams competing in bowls with losing records.
-6 of the 9 teams are SEC teams, who played a 10 game, all-SEC schedule
-The worst bowl record is South Carolina at 2-8. Arkansas, Tennessee & Mississippi State are all 3-7
-Only 3 bowls have P5 vs G5 matchups. UAB vs South Carolina, Tulsa vs Mississippi State & Cincinnati vs Georgia.
-13 Bowls were canceled.

All things considered, playing an SEC team in Ft Worth, even one with a 3-7 record, may not be that bad for this crazy bowl season.

Some TU fans are upset that we are playing an SEC team with a 3-7 record, I thought I would share a few facts about this crazy & hopefully unique bowl season.

-The worst bowl record is South Carolina at 2-8. Arkansas, Tennessee & Mississippi State are all 3-7
-Only 3 bowls have P5 vs G5 matchups. UAB vs South Carolina, Tulsa vs Mississippi State & Cincinnati vs Georgia.
-13 Bowls were canceled.

All things considered, playing an SEC team in Ft Worth, even one with a 3-7 record, may not be that bad for this crazy bowl season.
You are so right. This is all totally fine. You guys got a game within driving distance of Tulsa in a city with tons of TU alumni against a P5 team that we can beat and a coach that will generate national attention. If you’ve got problems with this, you’ve got problems that need professional help. This time last week, I had people on and off campus swearing it was going to be played in the afternoon of a weekday in Maryland against a horrible Maryland team that would likely cancel before it would be played or Boise.

My biggest gripe is that we can't buy tickets to attend! The armed forces bowl said their 20% attendance allotment is already sold out...

A lawyers advice to every client: be patient and read the fine print. The website says they won’t sell tickets to the public, but they are providing tickets to sponsors and the teams. I gotta a $2 bill that says there are 2500 team tickets turned over to TU and we don’t quite sell all of them.

Reactions: TU4ever2
No issue w MS State - they are better than their record. Preseason top 15.

I am pissed as a US taxpayer and pro-USA American... Army got screwed and should be playing Tulsa in the ARMED FORCES bowl.
I could care less how Army feels , beating A SEC team even with a losing record is much more
advantageous for TU than playing service academies. In the past decade TU always got stuck
with playing scrub MAC teams , I felt that TU got cheated having to play an average Central
Michigan in 2016 that The. Cane trounced . They could have beaten some high profile teams
that year.
ld

Reactions: astonmartin708
My biggest gripe is that we can't buy tickets to attend! The armed forces bowl said their 20% attendance allotment is already sold out...

TU facebook said they (TU) are out, but some more may be released tomorrow morning on official website.

Comments said check stub hub they had some floating around.

Iowa State?

Virginia Tech?

Those were solid opponents, for both those versions of Tulsa football. Even our other bowls with g5 teams were versus ranked opponents many times.

Recently our p5 opponents have been OSU/Arkansas or highly ranked (OU, Ohio St) and almost always on the road.

We are like 0- whatever since we joined the AAC with that VT game probably our best shot for the breaking that. This is an SEC opponent who just knocked off a team that was ranked late in the season. A team we actually match up well with, one who is likely to be pretty solid next year.

Let's get this damn W over a p5 team while the getting is good so we don't have to listen about how long it's been since we beat a p5 to start next season when we play THE Ok St and the Ohio St.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I hope TU is allocated some tickets because the bowl web site has none for the public.

Those were solid opponents, for both those versions of Tulsa football. Even our other bowls with g5 teams were versus ranked opponents many times.

Recently our p5 opponents have been OSU/Arkansas or highly ranked (OU, Ohio St) and almost always on the road.

We are like 0- whatever since we joined the AAC with that VT game probably our best shot for the breaking that. This is an SEC opponent who just knocked off a team that was ranked late in the season. A team we actually match up well with, one who is likely to be pretty solid next year.

Let's get this damn W over a p5 team while the getting is good so we don't have to listen about how long it's been since we beat a p5 to start next season when we play THE Ok St and the Ohio St.
*AN Ohio State. Get it right.

I hope TU is allocated some tickets because the bowl web site has none for the public.
TU issued a statement that they won’t have tickets. How many of y’all think that happens if they are hosting Army or TCU?

There are tickets if you go to armed forces bowl web site I got 2 last night just $6 and I am former Army but it doesn’t ask if you are military. They are using the AXS app to send tickets to you and I already got them this morning

There are tickets if you go to armed forces bowl web site I got 2 last night just $6 and I am former Army but it doesn’t ask if you are military. They are using the AXS app to send tickets to you and I already got them this morning
It does not ask. It does not say you must present an ID.

But some have said IDs were required prior years.

Perhaps one of our kind and generous active duty or veteran fans could inquire about the entry process and ID requirement? Buy you a beer:)

The $6 tickets are already on sale on stubhub for over $100.00. You’d think Lockheed corporate would work with them to stop that.

-13 Bowls were canceled.

In a normal yr they would likely be 7-5 or 8-4... playing a full SEC schedule is brutal.. tougher than any other schedule out there. ..i cant believe that A&M was left out of CFP.. and a 4 team all SEC playoff would yield a worthy champ in almost any year.

It does not ask. It does not say you must present an ID.

But some have said IDs were required prior years.
I've gone 5 times and had to show ID to get the tickets from at the stadium after reserving them online... These are in fact delivered via the app now, so I'm not sure if you actually need ID... obviously I'm not worried since I have one. If I've got time tomorrow at work I'll call them and ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT