ADVERTISEMENT

Softball final push

Gmoney... my post are information that I have that is 100% accurate I missed on the Freshman not entirely but missed on most of it the other post about the coaching staff players leaving theft involved all that is 100% accurate... you are correct I have a negative view of that coaching staff not the program not the school that coaching staff

...and the majority of your posts are the negative comments on the staff. Once again are you that un-self aware that you didn't realize most of your posts were those extremely negative comments about the staff? Can't for the life of me understand why you didn't comprehend the flak you received from fans loyal to their school, when you have been posting mostly negative comments since October.

When this stuff continues for 6+ months is when I call for you to be kicked off the board. You have been given repetitive flak, and keep at it... Dropping the comments about the coaching staff which we thoroughly comprehend but disagree with, is the only thing which would stop me from calling for you to be kicked off. Call it a dead horse, and quit kicking it.

I've said all I'm going to say. I didn't really intend to get in the middle of it again, and now I'm not going to get into it again.

Well there is only one freshman that started every game. So that cat is out of the bag.

Didnt say it was a freshmen... I think I said she's been unhappy since she got there that could be for 2 years or 3 years... I'm not going to say who the kid is because it's not a done deal and things change and until the kid asks for release I'm not going to say who it is... surely all you guys can respect that

Really need to come up big against Memphis, we're tied with them for 3rd in the AAC and could fall to 5th with a bad weekend. They're below .500 for the year so these seem like games we should win.

SCHEDULE CHANGE: Today’s game at Memphis has been postponed due to inclement weather. Tulsa & Memphis will play a DH Saturday at noon.

Ok....the wheels might be off. Lost the series to Memphis. Post season looking doubtful.

It's pretty amazing, start the season 27-7 and are 2-10 since. It's like someone hit the switch and turned the lights out one day.

Pitching wavered first and that lack of confidence effected a .300 hitting team from stringing the hits together and being aggressive on the bases. Too many stranded runners. There are a couple of seasoned players that just look at too many strikes.
And more than a few coaching head scratchers.

Memphis Weekend 1-2

Game 1 W 10-5
Tulsa 10 runs 16 hits 2 errors and 6 LOB
Memphis 5 runs 11 hits 1 error and 8 LOB
Everybody hit…some hit a lot.
Caitlin Sill pitched the complete game 5 runs on 5 hits 1 BB and 2 K

Game 2 L 0-5
Tulsa 0 runs 4 hits 1 error and 9 LOB
Memphis 5 runs 4 hits 1 error and 9 LOB
After 16 hits game 1 game 2 offense had was nothing notable.
Emily Watson pitched 4.2 and charged with 5 runs 3 ER 5 BB and had 7 K
Lexi Blevins pitched 1.1 0 runs 0 hits 4 BB and 0 K

Game 3 L 2-5
Tulsa 2 runs 5 hits 2 Errors 5 LOB
Memphis 5 runs 9 hits 0 Error 5 LOB
Maggie Withee was 2 for 4 scored a run
Catherine Horner was 1 for 2 with a double scored a run and a BB
Maddie Withee was 1 for 3 with 2 RBI
Caitlin Sill pitched 5.1 charged with 5 runs 3 ER 2 BB 0 K
Lexi Blevins pitched .2 with 0 runs 0 hits 1 BB and 1 K

Tulsa is now 29-17 overall and 6-9 in conference.
Hitting is at .297 and ERA is 2.40 both ranked as second best in conference.
Putting those together in the same game as been problematic since conference games began.
Also way too many errors and poor hitting with runners on.

Oklahoma game L 1-4
Tulsa 1 run 3 hits 0 errors and 5 LOB
Oklahoma 4 runs 11 hits 2 errors, 13 LOB
Shelby Estocado was 2 for 2 and scored the run
Maddie Withee was 1 for 1 and 2 SACs
Caitlin Sill pitched 5 innings with 2 ER on 8 hits 3 BB and had 2 K.
Lexi Blevins pitched .2 with 2 ER on 2 hits 3 BB with 1 K
Emily Watson pitched 1.1 with 0 runs 1 hit 1 BB and 2 K

A record of 1200 people were at the game.
Oklahoma is ranked 3rd in hitting averaging .356 as a team with not a single individual in the top 50 and had base runners in every inning.
Pretty gutsy outings by Sill and Watson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
UConn weekend 3-0
Friday W 8-0 (5 innings)

UConn 0 runs 1 hit 1 error 3 LOB
Tulsa 8 runs 10 hits 0 errors 4 LOB
Maggie Withee was 3 for 3 scored a run
Maddie Withee was2 for 3 with a double and scored a run 1 RBI
Julie Hollingsworth was 1 for 2 with a double scored a run and 2 RBI
Emily Watson complete game 5 innings with 1 hit 1 BB 2 WP and 7 K

Saturday W 7-2
UConn 2 runs 7 hits 0 errors and 5 LOB
Tulsa 7 runs 15 hits 0 errors and 9 LOB
Catherine Horner was 3 for 4 with a HR
Shelby Estocado was 3 for 4 with a double
Maddie Withee was 3 for 4
Tori Stafford was 2 for 3 with a double
Kaitlin Allen was 1 for 2 with a double
Lexi Blevins pitched complete game 7 innings 2 ER on 7 hits 1 BB and 6 K

Sunday W 1-0 (9 innings)
UConn 0 runs 4 hits 1 error and 10 LOB
Tulsa 1 run 8 hits 1 error and 6 LOB
Maddie Withee was 2 for 3 and a SAC
Jocelyn Sheffield was 1 for 4 a big walk off RBI base hit (+ sang the national anthem to start the game)
Caitlin Sill pitched complete game 9 innings with 4 hits 5 BB and 4K

Game at OSU schedule for tomorrow at 1:00 - TV on FS PLUS

Maddie Withee has been named The American Conference Player of the Week for the second time this season after she hit .727 for the week (8-for-11), including a 7-for-10 performance in the weekend sweep of UConn. The junior posted a .818 slugging percentage and a .727 on-base percentage. Withee tallied three multi-hit games against the Huskies. She went 2-for-3 with a double, RBI and a run on Friday, 3-for-4 with a run on Saturday, and 2-for-3 on Sunday. and was 1-for-1 against No. 7/7 Oklahoma on Wednesday.

proxy.jpg

Maddie Withee has been named The American Conference Player of the Week for the second time this season after she hit .727 for the week (8-for-11), including a 7-for-10 performance in the weekend sweep of UConn. The junior posted a .818 slugging percentage and a .727 on-base percentage. Withee tallied three multi-hit games against the Huskies. She went 2-for-3 with a double, RBI and a run on Friday, 3-for-4 with a run on Saturday, and 2-for-3 on Sunday. and was 1-for-1 against No. 7/7 Oklahoma on Wednesday.

proxy.jpg

Very deserving. Love the play of the Withee sisters. Tough competitors. Glad we get them another year.

Our only chance of post play is winning out this week. Good luck ladies you have the talent to get it done. Believe!

Great to get a little confidence heading into the tournament. With single elimination, anything is possible, and the 3rd seed helps.

Awesome that Whithee's 7/10 against Connecticut was the "bad" part of her week!

cane, with a rpi of 41 i suspect if they dont lose to ecu they are in ncaas

I did not know what their RPI was, any meaningful news about the softball team we pretty much have to find out on our own. Just based on their play in conference would of thought they would be dinged harder. Sitting at 41 looks promising. Hope they can dig deep and start playing as a team that is together. Right now the dugout is a NO Rah Rah zone. Not sure that is a good thing.

OSU game L 0-1
Tulsa 0 runs 2 hits 0 errors 3 LOB
OSU 1 run on 4 hits 1 error and 7 LOB
Julie Hollingsworth was 1 for 3 with a double
Emily Watson pitched 4 innings with 1 ER on 4 hits 0 BB 1 HBP and had 6 K
Catlin Sill pitched 2 innings with 0 runs 0 hits 3 BB and had 2

I posted earlier this was on TV on FS PLUS it was not. I misread or it changed. It was streamed live by OSU and was the first game I've had the opportunity to watch this year. Both teams hitting looked like this was a make up game plugged in before the conference tournaments, and wanted to get it over with.

I don't know, they're 1-8 in their last 9, with two 3 game sweeps and losing 2 of 3 non-conference. That's not pretty.
They hit this same type of stretch last season. Maybe it's offseason conditioning and they are just wearing down now. Hitters are not hitting like they did at the start of the season, pitchers don't have the same stuff. It happens. Maybe it's a sign of depth issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT