I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
Oklahoma in Tulsa Tuesday 4/19 6:00
Oklahoma State in Stillwater Wednesday 4/20 7:00
USF in Tulsa Weekend 4/22-4/24 5:00, 2:00, Noon
Wichita State in Tulsa Wednesday 4/27 3:00
Memphis in Memphis Weekend 4/29-5/1 5:00, 2:00, Noon
Connecticut in Tulsa Weekend 5/6-5/8 5:00, 3:00, Noon

Oklahoma (34-7) is currently ranked 9 (USA) and 12th (NFCA) and a number 3 in RPI.
They swept (RV) Texas last weekend 9-8, 5-3, 5-3 and beat Wichita State 10-1 (5 innings)
This is a weather rescheduled game from earlier in the season.

Oklahoma State (22-19). We beat them in Tulsa 9-0. OSU has several common opponents beating Abilene Christian 9-7, Arkansas 10-7, Wichita State 4-3 and 8-2, Missouri State 4-0. In a three game series with Houston lost 9-10 and won 12-3, 7-3. They also beat USF 12-3.

I’ll look at the others as they get closer, The USF series this weekend will be big.

I had assumed this would be the case, but now it is official.

TULSA, Okla. – The University of Tulsa softball game against Oklahoma scheduled for 6 p.m. today at the Collins Family Softball Complex has been canceled due to heavy rain in the Tulsa area. A potential makeup date will depend on the teams' remaining schedules.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see strong leadership from the upperclassman. Hard to get out of a funk without it. Do or Die time. Toughen up ladies!

Current RPI is #37. Where do we need to be in order to secure an invite?

Just posted:
Tonight’s game at Oklahoma State has been postponed due to wet field conditions. Rescheduled for May 10 at 1 pm
And...
The #TulsaSB game vs Oklahoma that was rained out yesterday has been rescheduled for Wed., May 4 at 6:00 pm at Collins SB Complex

This weekend series with #20/23 USF is very big.

Early in the season USF played Florida, Auburn and Michigan (currently ranked 1,2,3) and lost 11-1, 6-0, and 11-2. Wednesday they played #1 Florida again and lost 3-0.
Common opponents include Oklahoma State, USF lost 12-3, Tulsa won 9-0. Against Houston they were 2-1; W 4-0, W 6-3, L 2-5. Tulsa also went 2-1; W 11-2, L 1-2, W 8-3.

I had earlier put these 3 games down as Ws. I am concerned that with the bye weekend and the rain, Tulsa hasn’t played in over a week and didn’t hit well the week before that. USF on the other hand is coming in with confidence allowing “only” 3 runs to the number 1 team in the nation, and only 1 run in the 8 games prior to that.

Tulsa needs to find their big girl pants and play like we know they can.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I know you guys dont like my info and perspective but it is inside info and like it or not my buddy is being proven correct...now, why cant they hit?? Well, according to him they dont put a big emphasis in hitting, they put significantly more time on defense and when they do hit its one of the pitchers that doesnt throw thats throwing to them. In theory that sounds good until your find out the pitchers cant or wont throw strikes so many times hitters are just standing watching 4 or 5 balls go by without hitting..thats not bp folks thats pathetic...they get 4 rounds of 6 and of those 24 swings they see about 6 good pitches. Anyone that has played baseball at least at the high school level knows bp is for grooving swings and building confidence not seeing if we can strike out our hitters during the bp session...players are frustrated. His kid doesnt play much and he doesnt care about Tulsa softball anymore but thats the info his kid is telling him..oh yeah..freshmen pitcher is transferring..already released.

Don't they have a batting cage where they take a lot of swings from pitching machine? I don't know? When I played ball we hit and hit some more and had various pepper drills and swinging technique drills constantly. That bat is your sword. I hope your buddy isn't right because if true, it would be pathetic! And it does seem the last few years we have lost a few freshman after one season. Not sure if it is from lack of playing or achedemic casualty. If it is the left handed freshman pitcher I thought she was decent. Sorry to see her go. That could cause a problem if she is not replaced.

Canerush..they do use the pitching machine however it basically like seeing the ball at 74mph...they just guess and dont tske it serious because its so fast...the asst coach rarely throws bp...he told his daughter if the team doesnt like it grow some and go have sit down with head coach..my guess is you may see one more kid transfer..one with much more significant impact..not going to put it out there because its not a for sure thing yet like the other kid according to him...

I knew 1st base play was going to cost us a game or two. Today I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on with the switching back and forth. But it cost us today. We need a shortstop with range and anticipation that can get to popups over the head. Samantha Cobb spoiled us. She was damn good. Shouldn't have lost this one.

USF Weekend Results 0-3

Friday L 0-2
USF 2 runs 6 hits 0 errors and 9 LOB
Tulsa 0 runs 2 hits 0 errors and 7 LOB
Withee sisters were both 1 for 3 accounting for all the hits.
Caitlin Sill pitched well 2 ER 6 hits and 6 BB and 1 K
Offensive was still a problem BUT in the bottom of the 7th with a hit and a BB the winning run was at the plate in the bottom of the 7th.

Saturday L 9-6
USF 9 runs 12 hits 2 errors 5 LOB
Tulsa 6 runs 8 hits 1 error and 12 LOB
Morgan Neal was 4 for 5 with 1 RBI
Shelby Estocado was 1 for 3 a 3 RBI HR and 1 BB
Julia Hollingsworth was 1 for 2 a double.
Emily Watson pitched 4.1 with 6 ER on 9 hits 2 BB and had 7 K
Caitlin Sill pitched 2.2 with 1 ER on 3 hits 2 BB and had 1 K
Watson started a little shaky in the first with 1 out gave up 3 hits in a row, but then got 2 Ks to get out of the first with just 1 run scored. Then was cruising into the 5th, after recording her 7th K of the day, gave up a hit, another hit, HR, hit, HR before Sill came in and stopped the bleeding.
Game tied into the 7th Sill was tagged for 1 ER and 2 unearned all on poor infield play.
In the bottom of the 7th a walk, a hit, and a walk again brought the winning run to the plate. Unfortunately Neal was unable to go 5 for 5 to extended the inning.
Story of the game, offense seems to be getting back on track but 12 LOB and 2 bad innings 1 on pitching and 1 on the infield.

Sunday L 5-2
USF 5 runs 8 hits 0 errors 8 LOB
Tulsa 2 runs 9 hits 4 errors 8 LOB
Maddie Withee was 2 for 3 with a HR
Jodi Edmiston was 2 for 3
Caitlin Sill pitched all 7 with 1 ER on 8 hits 4 BB and 2 K.
Game tied into the 7th USF scored 3 unearned runs to go up 5-2
In the bottom of the 7th 3 base hits with 1 out loads the bases to again bring the winning run to the plate.

No excuses this weekend hurt.
However the death bells tolling for the offense is overstated.

On Wednesday 4/27 Wichita State (28-18) comes to Tulsa for a 3:00 game.
In Wichita earlier Tulsa lost 11-3 in 5 innings giving up 5 home runs. Since then Wichita State played Missouri State twice winning 17-6 and 3-2. Tulsa played them once winning 2-1. They do not have a pitcher with an ERA under 3.0 and are 4.48 as a team, but hit .308 with 49 home runs. Tulsa’s ERA is 2.16, hits .294 and has 25 home runs.
Hitting was better the last couple of games, that will need to continue and pitching will need to keep them in the yard.

Where have they been hiding this pitcher Lexi? Everytime I've seen her this year she has shown up. Umpire was inconsistent early. Definitely rattled Sills. Seemed to just give up. Our only chance for anything is to win the conference tourney, which is unlikely. Might as well throw the rest of the bench in to gain experience at this point. I'd like to see Morgan Neal develop into more of a slap hitter and use her speed. She should study the art of hitting by Jill Barrett. She could also be a .400 hitter if she'd quit trying to hit for power. Hollingsworth probably could hit for more power but her slap style produces a lot of 2 out hits and an excellent batting average, I expect great things from her. Stafford always makes contact. Once she starts finding the holes she will have a nice career.

Cane, I just posed the slapper question to buddy and according to him she will not be slapping full time..may be a part of her game but not full time or she wont be there..

Cane, following up because I didnt know the kids history.. Neal has never slapped..always been gap to gap hitter...if they try and change her she will leave for sure..out of high school she had florida st and auburn offers in 9th grade...im sure they would be interested again...

I am not saying they need to change her. She needs to consider to change herself. She will not be a .400 hitter with her hitting style. But she could be if she played the game like a chess game instead of checkers.

Wednesday 4/27 L- 7-5
Wichita State 7 runs 8 hits 0 errors 8 LOB
Tulsa 5 runs 13 hits 2 errors and 9 LOB
Maggie Withee was 2 for 4 with a double
Maddie Withee was 2 for 4
Catherine Horner was 2 for 4, 1 RBI
Julia Hollingsworth was 2 for 4 with 2 RBI
Tori Stafford was 2 for 4 with 2 doubles
Caitlin Sill pitched 1 inning with 7 ER on 4 hits 3 BB and had 1 K
Lexi Blevins pitched 5.1 with 0 runs on 4 hits 2 BB with 6 K
Emily Watson pitched .2 with 0 hits and 2 K

In the first after getting 2 Caitlin gave up a walk followed by a HR
In the 2nd she was lifted after 2 walks 1 single and 2 doubles scoring 4 runs with 0 outs.
Lexi came in and got the 3 outs in 4 batters, but not before another run scored (charged to Sill)
Lexi continued to pitch well into the 7th.
Same tune different day.
In the 7th after getting the first out on her 6 K, Lexi gives up 2 base hits each side of a Walk to load the bases.
Emily comes in faces 2 batters gets 2 K to end the threat.
In the bottom half behind 7-2 Tulsa scores 3 runs and had 2 on with 2 outs.
Representing the winning run Tori was robbed of a hit by an outstanding diving catch in right field.

I am not saying they need to change her. She needs to consider to change herself. She will not be a .400 hitter with her hitting style. But she could be if she played the game like a chess game instead of checkers.

Not many non slappers that hit .400..only truly great players..Romero and some others...when i saw Tulsa play against Texas she is a kid that will bat in the mid 300s with 5 to 7 hrs and 10 to 15 doubles...i would pattern my game like Lindsey Stephens from Texas or Erin Miller from Oklahoma...

The 4/29 weekend Tulsa travels to Memphis. The Tigers are 24-26 overall and 5-7 in conference taking 2 each from Connecticut and East Carolina, 1 at UCF and 0 from USF. They hit .277 as a team, and have 6 pitchers that have seen over 20 innings. 1 with a 2.63 ERA, the rest are 4 to 5+.

Boy the wheels have totally come off the bus. Usually don't see this kind of thing except when there is some very serious internal issues with the team.

Boy the wheels have totally come off the bus. Usually don't see this kind of thing except when there is some very serious internal issues with the team.

Yes sir...i stated that before season and i got blasted..there are many problems with this team..how they work..off the field issues and most importantly they dont believe in the coaches...its a bad combination and there will be at least 1 more transfer i would think...

...blah, blah, blah, I've got biased 'inside' info, I'm right, you are wrong, blah, blah, blah, I am not a fan, I just like to feel overly important, blah, blah, blah...

I'm not sure I was say the wheels have fallen off. They just completed two series against the top two teams in the conference and they clearly aren't on that level. If they lose this weekend's series then I may change my tune.

Ok...gmoney....you cant stand im right...keep loving those coaches...there are others that want out but dont have the stats to get out...its a bad situation

Last edited:
Life of a mid major..take what coaches you can get..hell, the number 1 asst has been shopping for a job for 2 years...even at d2 places...what a joke

Last edited:
The joke is u twittering away your time on a site u are not even a fan of, trying to feel important. I'm thru wasting any attention on u.

Gmoney forget the insults doesnt anything bother you about the situation...i dont lie..i dont spin..im telling the truth...any fan of Tulsa should be concerned about whats going on...

I'm sorry but what you stated from the beginning still hasn't happened - He wont play freshmen.. Freshmen are playing. The pitching will be horrendous, pitching has been great. We hit a snag midseason but we are far from being a bad team and still a bubble team. Just because they are playing poorly last couple weeks doesn't make all the filth you speak true. In fact, none of it has come to fruition as of yet. Not seeing the multitude of transfers you said were 100% going to happen.

Freshmen pitcher gone...will be 1 more most likely..pitching since conference..bad...yes he played freshmen..wow missed ...players dont believe in staff..fact...off the field issues with team fact..they dont hangout as a team...fact...they dont value hitting..fact...why do you think they have gone downhill as season progresses?

I'm not sure I was say the wheels have fallen off. They just completed two series against the top two teams in the conference and they clearly aren't on that level. If they lose this weekend's series then I may change my tune.

I don't know, they're 1-8 in their last 9, with two 3 game sweeps and losing 2 of 3 non-conference. That's not pretty.

Some on this board will defend johnny until hell freezes over..vastly overrated head coach..beneficiary of creger and barrett!! After this year he will have 4 transfers in last 3 years..wonder why?

I know that there are 18 players listed on the roster but I have never seen that many in the dugout. More like 13 or 14. We lose 5 seniors in Horner, Edmiston, Sheffeld, Sills and Allen. We have 4 new freshman coming in. Simple math suggests we need one couple few.

IF the recent slump is because there is a cancer in the club house, the only evidence of it presented here is there is one little girl whining and crying to her daddy about playing time, her job and she doesn’t have any friends. If she and anyone who listened is leaving it seems the problem may resolve itself.

STFU, find a new agenda, and go to somebody else's board with it.

Nobody here is going to broadcast your agenda to anybody related to the team. And the team doesn't pay attention to this board, with the possible exception of your whiner 'daughter' of a 'friend', who is more likely your daughter.

This guy needs to be kicked off the board.

I agree. The players on the field seem to get along ok. Healthy camaraderie from what I could tell. Losing sucks. Win out from here and I guarantee a closer unit.

You dont like the truth...get kicked off for what? The truth?

Look...I'm all for the freedom to post basically whatever one wants as long as they're not insulting players or posters. I've been called out on more than one occasion for being negative in my opinions. My only real issue here is that you only make an appearance when we hit a losing streak. Where were you when the team was playing well with insight on what the players and staff was doing to win these games? You appear to have some knowledge on our program. However, only posting in negative times with negative comments seem a bit unfair to the players and gives the impression you have an axe to grind rather than simply a fan of TU softball. Just my 2 cents.

Lawpoke..thats reasonable..the main issue I referenced has only come to light recently... the part about the kid transferring well that's recent as well she hasn't been happy since she got there unfortunately and I would suspect barring unforeseen circumstances she will be leaving somewhere in the SEC... that situation could change....you make valid and reasonable points though.

You have been posting cancerous negative stuff since the beginning about people leaving, and freshman not being played since you graced us with your presence. You're really going to pretend you didn't realize that you only came on here when we were having a losing streak? Your positve comments were mostly only in response to people complaining about your negative comments. You got all the flak because your posts were 98% negative. You really had to have Lawpoke tell you that? Are you really that completely un-self-aware of the content of your posts?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT