ADVERTISEMENT

⚾ KC Royals Royals winning more championships

I got stuck with a cardinals baseball tee shirt at a White Elephant Christmas party.

I use it to wash my car.

Prolly increased the value of your car and your virility.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs.

You asked for it.

who-cares.jpg

Originally posted by TU85:
KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs. KC Royals 1985 World Series Champs.

What 85 said!

That guy in the sweater is Terry Pendleton's personal dietician. Mmmmm ... donuts.

Rickey eats personal dieticians for breakfast.

Originally posted by Gold*:

You asked for it.

who-cares.jpg

What I said!

Ozzie has children. Sad that the only chance a Royals fan has to feel better is make allegations about another player's sexuality. But hey -- you guys might make the playoffs one of these decades.

Ozzie has children. Sad that the only chance a Royals fan has to feel better is make allegations about another player's sexuality. But hey -- you guys might make the playoffs one of these decades.

Rickey says Ozzie hit on Rickey during Rickey's pre-game ritual.

Sweet pics!

Thanks

Originally posted by Steve Zissou:

Rickey says Ozzie hit on Rickey during Rickey's pre-game ritual.

Sweet pics!

Thanks

Rickey didn't say he didn't like it.
alien.gif

Rickey pity Zissou.

Ah, 1985 highlights:

The year-end close of the Dow Jones Industrial Average -- 1546
New Coke
Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous

The Royals apparently fit in with this ancient and forgotten history.
This post was edited on 12/18 6:15 PM by NO-Orange

Re: Royals are still making moves

Royals sign Mahay to two-year deal
The Kansas City Star
The Royals signed left-handed reliever Ron Mahay to a two-year contract worth $8 million on Thursday.

Mahay, 36, was 3-0 with a 2.55 ERA in 58 appearances for Texas and Atlanta last year. Mahay, 6 foot 2 and 190 pounds, joins Jimmy Gobble, Neal Musser and John Bale as lefties in the Royals’ bullpen ? though Bale will get a shot at the rotation.

Mahay’s ERA, batting average allowed and strikeouts per nine innings last year each ranked second among the left-handed relievers in this year’s free-agent class.

It appears that the Royals are going to sign '05 Cy Young award winner Bartolo Colon. Hopefully it is an incetive laden signing as he has had some injury issues. There is some very good upside here though.

Great move. Any ideas on length of contract? Hell, even if Fatolo Colon gives us half a season and keeps us in it for a while, it's paid off. It doesn't matter how fat he is, he still brings it 99.

I cannot wait to revisit this thread in, say, mid-September (or sooner, say May, since it is the Royals) when the Royals are making new plans for '09.
laugh.gif

This post was edited on 1/3 12:58 PM by NO-Orange

Keep talkin, DC. I would love to re-visit in May, June, or July. Shoot, maybe even August. Hope is hope, brother.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
Hope is hope, brother.

The marketing slogan for the KC Royals since 1985 -- oh, you all are killing me!
laugh.gif

You Cardinal fans are blinded by the sunlight shining off Stan Musial's bitchin' harmonica.

That's actually the glare off the latest World Series ring.

You Cardinal fans are blinded by the sunlight shining off Stan Musial's bitchin' harmonica.

That and that shiny new World Series trophy of 2006 -- baby. I hear that those trophies can get pretty tarnished and forgotten, particularly over two decades.

Oh it's not forgotten. And surely not by you Cardinal fans either.

Great move. Any ideas on length of contract? Hell, even if Fatolo Colon gives us half a season and keeps us in it for a while, it's paid off. It doesn't matter how fat he is, he still brings it 99.

The deal isn't official yet so no hard facts are out. It was reported on KC's 610 radio today that both sides have agreed to a contract, but both sides haven't signed yet.

Zissou and I plan to make this one of the longest threads in General Board history. If DC and Gold wanna help out, it's OK with me.

Oh it's not forgotten. And surely not by you Cardinal fans either.

I can see why 1985 is not forgotten. After all, in glaring contrast to the Cards, the Royals have not been to three other WS since 85, not to mention other pennant races. We know Royals fans secretly wish for the tradition and success of the Cards as you look in envy!

If the interest in the Royals is this big during the offseason (Thanks again Dayton!) maybe we should have a Royals board on here.

After the crap contract we gave to Guillen I'm nervous to see what Colon is getting, but I absolutely love the idea of signing him. Hopefully, it works out.

Now excuse me while I continue to giggle as our enjoyment of Royals baseball is continually interrupted by insecure Cardinals fans.

PS - Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!!!

Who is talking about actual baseball? The Hot Stove period is the only time y'all are still in the hunt. I'd just rather we not talk about contraction candidates.

Cardinals will win fewer games in 2008 than in 2007.

Cardinals would be better off putting Clydesdale horses out on the mound than the pitching staff they will have in 2008.

Originally posted by TUMU:

Cardinals would be better off putting Clydesdale horses out on the mound than the pitching staff they will have in 2008.

And the Clydesdales would still beat the Royals. Oh, you Royals fans are too much. Don't be so jealous of the club east on I-70 that has (i) more tradition; (ii) more WS championships; (iii) more penants; and (iv) newer stadium. But I have heard that some find minor league teams fun and appealing.
laugh.gif

This post was edited on 1/10 11:45 AM by NO-Orange

Originally posted by NO-Orange:

And the Clydesdales would still beat the Royals. Oh, you Royals fans are too much. Don't be so jealous of the club east on I-70 that has (i) more tradition; (ii) more WS championships; (iii) more penants; and (iv) newer stadium. But I have heard that some find minor league teams fun and appealing.
laugh.gif

You write like a Sooner fan.
smilie2.gif

laugh.gif

I admit it - the Cardinals have twice as many WS Championships as the Royals since the major leagues were integrated!
roll.gif

That's the closest I could come to a laughing hysterically at an over-inflated sense of self-importance icon.

laugh.gif

Cardinals fans are in for a painful season. Royals and the entire American League will beat up on the cardinals in 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT