ADVERTISEMENT

⚾ KC Royals Royals winning more championships

Steve Zissou

I.T.S. Position Coach
Oct 4, 2007
The Royals sign Japanese Reliever Yasuhiko Yabuta who sported a 2.73 era last season. This frees up Greinke to start.

In other Marjor League Baseball news it is being reported that the Royals are close to a contract with Jose Guillen.

No news out of the inferior National League yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it a bit early for the minor league teams to be setting their rosters?

Originally posted by Steve Zissou:
The Royals sign Japanese Reliever Yasuhiko Yabuta who sported a 2.73 era last season. This frees up Greinke to start.

In other Marjor League Baseball news it is being reported that the Royals are close to a contract with Jose Guillen.

No news out of the inferior National League yet.

Sweet! I like it!

The Japanese signing shows they are committed to winning immediately. They had to out bid several west coast teams for a 34 years old. If we can re-sign Riske the bullpen will be solid for the first time in a long while (Monte or Quiz days).

Need Guillen to sign, and Butler/Gordan to take their next step in progressing.

Originally posted by Gold*:

The National League is minor league baseball. National League is weak.

Zissou is right. Look at the Royals interleague record. You might be surprised.

Originally posted by TUMU:

The National League is minor league baseball. National League is weak.

And the Royals aren't? That's a weak comeback -- we should nominate for "weak comeback of the week," but Rice will likely dominate that award this week.

You peaked my interest, so I did look up the interleague records (though they don't include last season's results for some reason). So up to this past year, the Royals were a whopping 76-99 (.434). Though, I will give you that that is probably well above their overall winning percentage during that same time period.

Royals Interleague Record 2005 - 2007:
2005 Won 9 Lost 9
2006 Won 10 Lost 8
2007 Won 10 lost 8

2007 Won 3 Lost 3 to the cardinals.

American League vs National League:
2005 AL Won 136 NL Won 116
2006 AL Won 154 NL Won 98
2007 AL Won 137 NL Won 115

Originally posted by TUMU:
Royals Interleague Record 2005 - 2007:
2005 Won 9 Lost 9
2006 Won 10 Lost 8
2007 Won 10 lost 8

2007 Won 3 Lost 3 to the cardinals.

American League vs National League:
2005 AL Won 136 NL Won 116
2006 AL Won 154 NL Won 98
2007 AL Won 137 NL Won 115

who-cares.jpg

Any thread involving the Royals shall hereby and forever remain a Gold*-free zone.

Damn the sweater is hot!

On the way into work today I heard that Riske was close to agreeing to a 2-yr deal with the Brewers.

Don't hold your breath on anything getting done with Guillen. They're talking to him, but nothing will happen until the Mitchell report comes out. Honestly, I've got no use for him. The last thing we need is a more expensive, albeit better fielding, Emil Brown.

Reports on KC sports radio are that they have agreed to terms w/ Guillen. We could definitely use a 280 ave, 30 hrs, and 100+ rbi's. Also frees up DeJesus for a trade.

This is horrible news. I really hope Moore knows something about the Mitchell Report that we don't.

But, even assuming that Guillen will have no suspension, I still have no use for him - especially at $12MM/year.

Originally posted by TU goldenboy:
This is horrible news. I really hope Moore knows something about the Mitchell Report that we don't.

But, even assuming that Guillen will have no suspension, I still have no use for him - especially at $12MM/year.

My arch rival, in namesake only, has returned. The Guillen signing is true and real for KC. Unfortunately the Rolen to Milwaukee trade is not true.

Royals are making moves like never before. It will be 1985 all over again. BTW, Gold can eat my shorts.
3dgrin.gif

They better not trade DeJesus. You don't have to go out and find old/possibly soon to be washed up veterens if you just keep the good young players you have. And if the Royals are going to be spending money it might as well be on Dejesus as Guillen. Imagine if the Royals had enough money to keep all the outfielders they've had in the recent past (i.e. Jermaine Dye, Carlos Beltran, Johnny Damon...wow)

While De Jesus is the slowest Centerfielder in the Majors at least he did hit 260 last year w/ 7 hrs and 58 ribbies.

I like him ok, but Gathright is much faster and hit 307. He might make a few bad plays, but he gets to enough balls that De Jesus is too slow to get to.

If we can get a good prospect/player for De Jesus (there are interested teams) and upgrade Centerfield at the same time I don't know why you wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by NO-Orange:
Holy crap! This Royals thread is STL (I mean, STILL) going???

The Royals - we're kind of a big deal.

I think trading DeJesus wouldn't be the worst move in the world. He's at the peak of his value and he isn't going to get much better. Gathright is much more valuable to us in center.

Speaking of STL, I’m kind of disappointed about Taguchi and Eckstein. Two guys who are not the best players on the team, but from a fan perspective though their effort to get the best out of the talent they have seem to make the team around them better as a result.

I would rather have another Eckstein type at third than the attitude that's there now.

Originally posted by Tax Guy:
Speaking of STL, I’m kind of disappointed about Taguchi and Eckstein. Two guys who are not the best players on the team, but from a fan perspective though their effort to get the best out of the talent they have seem to make the team around them better as a result.

I would rather have another Eckstein type at third than the attitude that's there now.

With all due respect, we are trying to discuss Major League Baseball here. Please post all that Junior/Bush/Minor league stuff in a different thread!

Originally posted by Tax Guy:

With all due respect, we are trying to discuss Major League Baseball here.

If so, then why are you guys talking about the Royals of all teams? I didn't realize Kansas City still had a baseball team. God knows, we never se them in the playoffs.

Seems that the Cards needed to be introduced here to get this thread up to standards of Major League Baseball, if not to greater heights consistent with the National League. We are just trying to do our part to elevate the standards. No need to thank us.

LOL.

St. Louis has been in three Worls Series since what -- the last time the Royals actually made the playoffs?

I dunno -- I have to give a hat tip to anyone who is a die-hard Royals fan. There has not been much to cheer about lo these many years.

Damn right! We deserve not only a tip of the hat, but a free bottle of granny's corn squeezin' to boot.

Back to the boys in blue, did you all see that the Royals once again have the best uni's in baseball? The have gone back to the Powder Blues.

8omWZ7Ov.jpg

'85 is Alive

LOL.

St. Louis has been in three Worls Series since what -- the last time the Royals actually made the playoffs?

It's nice to get a little bit of Cardinals insecurity during the winter. C'mon Gold, trolling on a thread that has nothing to do with your team? Isn't that a little Fresno-ish?

There's nothing like lucking into the playoffs with a .500 record because you play in the worst division in baseball. The NL Central. It's FANNNNNNN-TASTIC!

Do you want me to post a picture of the World Series ring from that .500 season?

Back to the boys in blue, did you all see that the Royals once again have the best uni's in baseball? The have gone back to the Powder Blues.

8omWZ7Ov.jpg

'85 is Alive

Oh yeah, it's ON, bay-bee!!!

Hey, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't competin'.

The Royals are just too lame to cheat.

Can we ban Royals talks to times when we don't have federally declared disasters? As I see it, talking Royals is about non-essential as it gets.

If not, I'm gonna go "who cares machine" on your ass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT