ADVERTISEMENT

⚾ KC Royals Royals winning more championships

Yup. I'm starting to think the offense is worse than last year. Swept by Houston. F*cking embarrassing.

lol, I didn't wanna be the one to do it. Made it to the game last night and had a blast. I ain't skeert of Anaheim!!!

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
lol, I didn't wanna be the one to do it. Made it to the game last night and had a blast. I ain't skeert of Anaheim!!!

You being there, made the difference. We have the opportunity we want. Go Royals!

TAUNTING-BRUTALITY.gif

Damn LEC, I am officially jealous. Way to go on being there, man.

Love that GIF. Was dying laughing when that happened.

That clip is hysterical. Trying to decide b/t Game 5 next week or hold my breath to see if we get past Baltimore. Game 5 kinda provides a barrier on if we sweep or get swept. I don't expect that to happen but this long layoff makes me nervous. Glad both teams are in the same boat.

This. is. the. year. The hand that they were dealt is a Royal Flush.

This. is. the. year. The hand that they were dealt is a Royal Flush.

Thought I'd post just to get some good karma going for Game 6. Objectively, I thought we'd lose in six games. But man oh man, we were in control of Game 5 until the wheels came off. Absolutely no reason we can't win these last two games at home. SRO tickets for Game 6 are under $250 right now, but Game 7 sro's are still well over $600

I was at game #2, hoping my brother-n-law has another extra ticket for game 7....

LEC,

You were at the wildcard game and brought home the win.

I was at game 4 of the ALCS and brought home the win that got us to the World Series.

You're going to game 7 tomorrow.
This post was edited on 10/29 10:06 AM by TUMU

We had a hell of a run this post season.

We finished with 11 wins and 4 losses in the post season.

Great year, it is fun to see a plan work out that well. Next year we will win the whole shebang.

Good payout.

The Royals' reward for winning the American League pennant now has a dollar amount: $14,866,350.85.

That's the size of the Royals postseason players' pool, which was announced Monday by Major League Baseball. The players voted to split the playoff pot into 54 full shares worth $230,699.73 each, plus 9.77 partial shares and 25 cash rewards.

The World Series champion San Francisco Giants, who prevailed in seven games over the Royals, got $22,329,526.27. The Giants issued 47 full shares worth $388,605.94 each, plus 9.65 partial shares and 17 cash rewards.

The players' pools for the NL and AL runners-up, the St. Louis Cardinals and Baltimore Orioles, were worth $7,443,175.42. The Division Series losers, the Nationals, Dodgers, Angels and Tigers, got $2,015,860.01.

Related

Had the Royals not rallied from a 7-4 deficit against Oakland in the eighth inning of the AL Wild Card Game -which they won 9-8 in 12 innings, the first of eight straight victories to start the postseason - they would have received $930,396.93. That was the share for the wild-card losing Pittsburgh Pirates and A's, who voted for 53 full shares worth $15,266.43 each.

▪ The Royals on Monday secured outright waivers on infielder Jayson Nix, who elected free agency instead of an assignment to Class AAA Omaha. Nix, 32, appeared in three postseason games for the Royals, going zero for three with three strikeouts. He was acquired by the Royals off waivers from Pittsburgh on Aug. 28.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article4121258.html#storylink=cpy

Off to a great start, undefeated after 4 games. Offense and homeruns have been great. We did add some power at RF and DH.

If we stay healthy, we're as good as any team in MLB.

well :crap:, first Rios gets beaned and out indefinitely. Now Escobar and Holland are out. Glad Ventura sent a message yesterday, despite the loss and his ejection.

I was able to go to the game yesterday. That was a blast. Around 108,000 people attended the three game series. I've never seen umpires yelling/cussing at managers like that. That crew was dog poop.

I love how this thread is 8 years old and still going.

We've been through some rough years, we have a good team. I think we have the best defense, bullpen and team speed in the American League.

When did the Royals become a bunch of thugs? Last night's pitcher went off the deep end after snagging a hot bouncer toward the mound and he commences to scream at the batter who is running toward first, starting another brewhaha. Some serious stupid on the Kansas City team this year.

We have some young guys that need to control their emotions. Namely Ventura and Herrera. There are two sides to all of the incidents the Royals have been involved in this season. Although there may not be one for why Ventura started jawing at Trout. While the Royals are not innocent, they're not out looking to start fights for no reason. They do not need to act out in ways that ultimately could hurt the team with injuries, suspensions, etc.

Moustakas took a pitch off the chin last night before any of the bad stuff started with Ventura and Eaton. He laid on the ground, face down for 15 to 20 seconds and then got up and calmly jogged down to first base.

Samardzija seems to be a hot head himself. He's still pissed from last year when he was with the A's and they lost to the Royals in the Wild Card game. Samardzija hit Cain in the opening day game this year right after he gave up a homerun to the previous batter. He could very well be suspended along with Ventura. Samardzija likes to run his mouth with the best of them and is not hesitant to hit batters.

Apparently, Chis Sale who was definitely out pitched by Ventura and also ejected along with Samardzija tried to get in the Royals clubhouse in the 8th inning. He wanted to fight Ventura but was stopped by security.

The Royals bullpen did another outstanding job last night and we won again.

I think a lot of American League teams are not use to the Royals winning and thought last years win of the Wild Card game and 7 and 0 sweep through the AL playoffs was a fluke. Royals were picked 4th in the division, so yes they have a chip on their shoulders. Teams are trying to mess with the Royals by hitting batters, etc. and the Royals are not backing down. We lead the AL with 19 batters being hit. I think Cain has been hit five times already.

At the end of the game we walked off the field with another win. The Royals are 64 and 31 in the last 95 games, including 12 and 4 this year.

Hopefully Ventura learns we need him in the game and not ejected or suspended.

Its a very long season, 90% of the season left to be played. We'll see where it all ends in October.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...white-sox-royals-spt-0424-20150423-story.html

We are still in first place and haven't been cheating to the best of my knowledge, but we could use a starting pitcher or three for the rest of the season. It's been great to watch GMDM's plan work out exactly as he imagined. We have some good arms in the Minors, but they are probably still a year or so out.

Manaea and Almonte might be the highest rated pitching prospects. I think Medlen has been sent to NWA.

Too bad the Astros are the best American League team!

We'll see. I still don't think the Astros are THAT good. Yeah, they swept the Royals in Houston. Not to make excuses, but it was the last three days of a nine-game roadie for KC. I didn't expect the Royals to take 2 of 3.

The Astros will hit a bump at some point down the stretch and we'll see how they handle it. They might just :crap: their pants.

Incorrect. My upcoming residence in Houston shall inspire the Astros' resurrection even more.

The new format is nice and has some useful tools. But it doesn't reflect the magnitude of this truly epic thread. The number of views is somewhere over 100,000.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
It's time for a miniature win streak as we've been trying to squander home field throughout the playoffs over the last 15 games.

It's time for a miniature win streak as we've been trying to squander home field throughout the playoffs over the last 15 games.

Been downright scary! I like the message Yost sent to Duffy last night, pulling him in the third. Holding onto home field is absolutely necessary. There's no way we'll get past Toronto without it.

We win the ALDS.

Next, rematch of 1985 ALCS against the Blue Jays.

We need to knock Bautista off the plate, during his first at bat.

Kansas City Royals your 2015 World Series Champions!

Drove to KC yesterday. Was gonna stay till we won the the Series.

Just as great as the way the season ended, will be the way next season starts. We open 2016 at home against the NY Mets. They will watch us raise the World Champions flag and the players receive their rings.

Hey Synegarrd, we got a plan for you..... It's to see you watch us celebrate on opening day 2016.

World Series Champions!!!!!

Reactions: Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT