ADVERTISEMENT

Record prediction

8-4. Hard to predict the bowl game against an unknown opponent. Nine wins or more and Monty is coach of the year in the AAC.

If we beat OSU, the sky is the limit, if we play them close , I say 9-3, if we go out and just get destroyed , I say 7-6

Reactions: TUGrad06
Now we're just missing Gilligan

Mr. and Mrs. Monty can be the professor and MaryAnne

This should be one of the best OSU teams in history. They have a never had a QB that could be a pick between 5-10 in the NFL draft. It would crack me up to see them come out and :crap: the bed though. We will lose this game, but I predict us to go 7-5.

This should be one of the best OSU teams in history. They have a never had a QB that could be a pick between 5-10 in the NFL draft. It would crack me up to see them come out and :crap: the bed though. We will lose this game, but I predict us to go 7-5.
Possibly, but I've seen alot of OSU teams that were supposed to be amazing and end up being a dud. I don't see this team being like the Weeden and Blackmon teams. Defense will be a problem for them . TU has a shot to make history this night with the biggest win in school history if The Skipper plays well.

7-6 with a win in the FC Dallas Bowl if President is the QB. 9-4 with Skipper at the helm, based solely on what we have seen so far.

You mean the "Skipper" ?

The Skipper I think will get start and President will come in on special plays. I think we lose President next year though because he will want to start and I think Skipper is just too good.

Possibly, but I've seen alot of OSU teams that were supposed to be amazing and end up being a dud. I don't see this team being like the Weeden and Blackmon teams. Defense will be a problem for them . TU had a shot to make history this night with the biggest win in school history if The Skipper plays well.
14-0. You heard it here first...
Let's do it!

What is our most difficult game this year?
Osu, houston, navy, usf?
The easy answer would be OSU, but honestly it could be any if those teams you listed. Especially if OSU is overrated like they probably are .

What is our most difficult game this year?
Osu, houston, navy, usf?
Navy. Tests our defense which has been our weakness, and it comes right after having played New Mexico who also plays a triple option. I'm expecting to lose at least one lineman by that time on Defense or Offense and that will make the Navy game really tough.

Reactions: TU Pilot
1) @OSU
2). @USF
3). Houston
4). Navy
We normally agree on a lot, but don't sleep on that Toledo road game. We will be ready for Navy. That will be a win and they will enjoy it. Brubaker will see to that. Toledo on the other hand is on the road and early in the year. They have a senior QB and most of their defense back. That's a tall order for a young Tulsa team in September. I know I know, we usually crush the MAC, but they are picked to win the conference. this one has trap game written all over it.

We normally agree on a lot, but don't sleep on that Toledo road game. We will be ready for Navy. That will be a win and they will enjoy it. Brubaker will see to that. Toledo on the other hand is on the road and early in the year. They have a senior QB and most of their defense back. That's a tall order for a young Tulsa team in September. I know I know, we usually crush the MAC, but they are picked to win the conference. this one has trap game written all over it.

I overlooked Toledo. Hard for me to list a MAC team over Navy given our dominance over that conference but looking at what Toledo has returning I have to agree.

Road game against an experienced team picked to win that conference. I think we will have a definitive edge in team speed (like we usually do against MAC teams) but the fact that this game is on the road versus Navy at home pushed it ahead of the Navy contest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.mlive.com/sports/2017/07/mac_football_preseason_poll_sa.amp

Possibly, but I've seen alot of OSU teams that were supposed to be amazing and end up being a dud. I don't see this team being like the Weeden and Blackmon teams. Defense will be a problem for them . TU has a shot to make history this night with the biggest win in school history if The Skipper plays well.
Which OSU teams have been picked "amazingly high" and ended as a dud? This looks to be Gundy's strongest team, by a significant margin, very few question marks and several superstar caliber players......of course with the scholarship limits now days, unless you are Alabama or Ohio state, a couple key injuries can make you pretty average pretty quick........the OSU /Tulsa game should be one of the most interesting early season match ups

Agreed. It's never easy to win on the road, especially against an offense that can score like they can. First to 100 wins?
I definitely think there may be 100 points total scored in that one!

14-0. You heard it here first...
If we go 14-0 to start we will either end up 15-0 National Champions or 14-1 National runner up. 12-0, conference champions 13-0, National semi-final 14-0. I do like you optimism!
Nah, they'd find a way to keep us out the playoff...

Seriously though, we lose OSU and USF. Navy and Houston are toss ups depending on QB and injuries.

Are you going to answer my earlier question?
What's the point? I have given youy reasons why I think Tulsa COULD beat OSU and you have told me your reasons why TU has no shot, leave it at that , no point in arguing about it , you are on a TU board with TU fans, if you want to drink cowboy Kool aid with the other OSU fans , go to OSUs board, everybody here knows we are the underdog , but that's what is special about TU. We will go in to win this game, if we lose, we lose, if we win, we win
That's all there is to it, if you haven't believed me on any other of my facts, you won't believe any reason I give now. Good luck

We have our opinions, and they are just opinions, but you made a statement that would be backed by fact, just curious what your facts are, because I don't see anything true about what you stated.

For example, 2014, you showed promise with a game with Florida st, but you made that your super bowl, after that , you guys barely made a bowl, 2015 was expected to be a great team until they dudded out against OU by a blowout ( same year TU took them to the limit ... In Norman while your loss was in Stoolwater and then getting destroyed in a bowl. We fast forward to 2016 and well, we all know about Central Michigan , you also had to come from behind just to beat ISU at home, and once again, getting whipped by OU. 2017..

Who knows

Reactions: theSeanDon
If you disagree ( I know you will) that's fine , but I'm done debating it with you .

For example, 2014, you showed promise with a game with Florida st, but you made that your super bowl, after that , you guys barely made a bowl, 2015 was expected to be a great team until they dudded out against OU by a blowout ( same year TU took them to the limit ... In Norman while your loss was in Stoolwater and then getting destroyed in a bowl. We fast forward to 2016 and well, we all know about Central Michigan , you also had to come from behind just to beat ISU at home, and once again, getting whipped by OU. 2017..

Who knows
2014 was a major rebuilding year ( not to mention losing our starting qb in the 2nd game), so again, that was not a season that was supposed to be a great that was a dud.........2015 had its moments , including a blow out of then 2nd ranked TCU.........and wins over 3 other top 25 teams......we were not going to beat OU with Mason Rudolph injured and not playing, but again we were not picked as a great team in the preseason, in fact we didn;t even start in the top 25.but did win 10 games and wen t to the Sugar bowl....so again you are incorrect.........2016 we started out ranked 22nd, did lose a game we should not have , but also beat 6 top 25 teams including blowouts of 2 top 10 teams and again 10 wins.......now, this year if we fizzle you may have a point as we are being picked as a strong contender for the play off...........as I said, this looks to be the best team of the Gundy era, but we will see.......OSU is not a blue blood program, but we are one of only a few ( I think its 4 others) to win 10 games in 4 of the last 5 years so we must be doing something right

2014 was a major rebuilding year ( not to mention losing our starting qb in the 2nd game), so again, that was not a season that was supposed to be a great that was a dud.........2015 had its moments , including a blow out of then 2nd ranked TCU.........and wins over 3 other top 25 teams......we were not going to beat OU with Mason Rudolph injured and not playing, but again we were not picked as a great team in the preseason, in fact we didn;t even start in the top 25.but did win 10 games and wen t to the Sugar bowl....so again you are incorrect.........2016 we started out ranked 22nd, did lose a game we should not have , but also beat 6 top 25 teams including blowouts of 2 top 10 teams and again 10 wins.......now, this year if we fizzle you may have a point as we are being picked as a strong contender for the play off...........as I said, this looks to be the best team of the Gundy era, but we will see.......OSU is not a blue blood program, but we are one of only a few ( I think its 4 others) to win 10 games in 4 of the last 5 years so we must be doing something right[/QUOTE
But it's the always overrated and overhyped MAC. Just stop it.
Lol

" 2015 had it's moments" only to be once again destroyed by OU giving up a big 12 championship against a team lil ol Tulsa hung in with 10x better then the pokes. That's what I'm talking about, Rudolph or not, you would have still gotten destroyed
Now good day.
I'm DONE talking about this , if you don't want to hear TU fans talking about what TU needs to do to beat OSU, I would just go back to the osu page

The differences in the standard and expectations of OSU football today compared to as little as fifteen years ago is remarkable. Since 2010 OSU has:

Four 10 win seasons
2 BCS Bowl appearances. (That's one every three years on average )
2 top 10 finishes include #3
4 top 20 finishes.

Suppose it's a compliment to the current state of the program that the above is consoderd a disappointment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT