ADVERTISEMENT

OU Game Thread

Love this coach. Couldn't have hoped for more today. Though, let's talk about going for it earlier.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Almost 400 yards in the half! And with a very realistic chance to be ahead at half! This game shows how close we are in many ways.

If it wasn't for two horrible no calls and one un-explainable penalty it would at least be a tie game right now. (seriously, how can Atkinson be called for ineligible receiver right there? that's reminiscent of the Notre Dame PI call)

Tillman had a lot to say on that ineligible receiver. Which should not be surprise. They might as well have Barry Switzer doing color.

I love the attitude Monty has brought to this team! Best finish of a 1st half by TU ever. So glad we didn't give up when we were down 3 TDs. Linscott made some good plays on D, Gooden made final hit that caused 2nd OU fumble. Spiro freshman, Whitfield, recovered onside kick. I'd like to see more of him & Barrow on D.

Great 1st half by Dane & WRs ! Let's keep the pressure on in 2nd half !

Reactions: TU 1978
Tillman had a lot to say on that ineligible receiver. Which should not be surprise. They might as well have Barry Switzer doing color.
The Bootlegger's boy would at least be entertaining.

Did this game is so very reminiscent of the Bourbon Bowl. Kicker picking his b**ch for the onside kick. Only missing Dan Fouts going "Can't hold anything back now". Heck, OU is weariNg the same colors as the fictional Louisiana U team. We are still running basic plays on offense and we are beating the OU defense. We all knew Key had über talent but this is sort of a coming out party for him because OU simy can't cover him. Heck the DB on Atkinson hasn't been able to cover him. Lucas is a decoy today. One of the best WRs in the entire country and he's pulling double coverage and freeing up others. Langer is simply stronger at the point of attack than OUs LBers. Time to go get 'em TU.

SCREM 'EM. Their time is over. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!

When was Mixon convicted of a felony? I thought that was a prerequisite to be called "felon."
Ha. It was a felony that was plead down to a misdemeanor on the charge. If the public sees the tape, he's playing at Butler County CC and he ends up as the next Maurice Clarett/Lawrence Phillips.

She's mad OU is not up by 40.

No kidding, TU has shut the crowd down. She said this is the most quiet she has ever heard this stadium.

Weak roughing the passer.

I will count it as a makeup call.

Nice response drive there. OU is going to be in trouble against Baylor, WVa, and TCU this year as those teams have a little bit more on defense for them. Whose ready for a special year in T-Town? Time to get all your friends to the game against Houston on the 3rd folks.

Ha. It was a felony that was plead down to a misdemeanor on the charge. If the public sees the tape, he's playing at Butler County CC and he ends up as the next Maurice Clarett/Lawrence Phillips.

That's his legal right, right? I don't know, I mean it's not like I passed the bar or anything. I don't see the conviction. But make up some more crap.

TU has given up a lot of yards today but I'm impressed with how they've handled OUs running game.

HOLD HOLD HOLD HOLD. WE had two guys tackled in the backfield... argh.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Tackling our defenders isn't holding - apparently.

They've done this multiple times today already. Why start calling it now?

Defensive pressure. Just not big or fast enough. Blankenship and Guy really did a number in recruiting the last couple of years.

Reactions: TU_Landman
Our DL has performed pretty well today. When you bail to cover receivers downfield you open up tons of underneath space and Mayfield has picked his spots. He has played well and makes much better decisions than Knight ever did. He made several similar plays against Tennessee in the 2nd half last week.

WHAT THE FCK???

Show me the o pass interference. Bwahahahaahahahaaaa!

OU cant cover. Time to throw some flags.

That is a horrible call. Suspend Brando and Tillman for acting like it was legit. They both pushed. DB pulled Garrett's undershirt out.

ESPNis reporting point spreads this year. This is why that's bad.

While we knew we would lose, 'm super excited about this year and the upcoming years. We can win this conference. Our defense is bending and trying not to break even though they are breaking. We just don't have the athletes on defense. But super happy with our offense for the most part. I think monty's play calling is pretty bland at times. a draw to a rb that probably runs a 4.9 on 3rd and 20? at least chuck it deep or a deep crossing route or screen or something. that was a give up call. let it all hang out. go on 4th and short with passing. we NEVER run sweeps or off tackle runs. up the middle, or a pass.

Dane has looked damn good. he's had some over throws here and there, but his touch is MUCH better this game, good decisions with good throws on hitches, slants, ins and fly routes. we have 3 stud WRs. Langer is a bruiser but nothing special athletically. Wish we had a tarrion adams at RB for some speed.

good game though honestly. screw OU and the OU paid refs. we get some holding calls against them, and this could be a much better game with a strong chance to win. great game today boys no matter what happens in the 4th.

An OU player has a GIANT tattoo that says LEVITICUS. It has been shown several times, just now very clearly. Is it supposed to be irony... or just an idiot? Maybe a band Im not aware of?

Leviticus 19:28
You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD

Reactions: TU_BLA
I'd go with idiot. Of course, that might apply to the majority of the folks in red today.

Nope. Either need to cover or pressure. No pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT