ADVERTISEMENT

Official RPI Thread: WEEK of 1/25-1/31

texcane1982

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2004
I think it would be a good idea if we had a single thread thread dedicated to the movement of TU's RPI rating. It would be even better if this thread could be pinned each week.

Official NCAA Rankings as of 1/26:

18 18 SMU
27 27 Cincinnati
47 47 Tulsa
56 54 Temple

This post was edited on 1/27 8:40 PM by texcane1982

Official NCAA RPI

Hold serve.... and beat SMU once and Cincy and Tulsa would have to be in Top 30...

But I'm no math major.

After defeating Tulane tonight, TU's RPI is projected to jump 6 spots to 41.

LIVE-RPI as of 1/27 (10:30 pm CDT):

17 SMU
28 Cincinnati
41 Tulsa
55 Temple

TX
This post was edited on 1/27 10:41 PM by texcane1982

Its odd for me to say this because I despise OU and OSU, but we need them to win as many games as possible. Same for ORU.

Win the conference outright and convincingly (followed by not laying a turd in the conference tourney) will do more for us than a great RPI and a 4th place finish in conference this season. A regular season conference champion (in our first year) in a conference with programs like UCONN, Cinn, Memphis - will get us attention. We go 16-2 (or even 15-3) as conference champion and get to at least semi-finals of the tourney will get us in the NCAA. Anybody wanna bet?

Originally posted by mvccane:

Win the conference outright and convincingly (followed by not laying a turd in the conference tourney) will do more for us than a great RPI and a 4th place finish in conference this season. A regular season conference champion (in our first year) in a conference with programs like UCONN, Cinn, Memphis - will get us attention. We go 16-2 (or even 15-3) as conference champion and get to at least semi-finals of the tourney will get us in the NCAA. Anybody wanna bet?
No. Because you're right on man!

Outright regular season conference champ will be dancing...no question

Originally posted by mvccane:
We go 16-2 (or even 15-3) as conference champion and get to at least semi-finals of the tourney will get us in the NCAA. Anybody wanna bet?
Agreed, but the margin of error is slim.

Have to beat USF, @UH, ECU, Tulane.

Have to split @SMU, @UConn, @Memphis, SMU, Temple, Cinci.

Originally posted by ctt8410:

Agreed, but the margin of error is slim.

Have to beat USF, @UH, ECU, Tulane.

Have to split @SMU, @UConn, @Memphis, SMU, Temple, Cinci.
We only play Cincy one time and its here. Advantage US!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT