ADVERTISEMENT

Official Myrtle Bowl game thread

Prediction for first down play - always a run.

For ODU….feels early to burn all your timeouts…..evidently they underestimate our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It was not an easy win, but it was a good win. Might've felt like a blowout if the opening kickoff coverage hadn't been as soft as a used kleenex. Was relatively decent play calling by Monty (as much as it pains me to say). I was pleased to see him go for 4th down when it was 4th and 1 in the first half... The fake punt on 4th and 16, not so much, but the D bailed him out. I think we might've lost if not for that defensive play punching the ball into the endzone for the touchback. It's all conjecture at this point, the final score is what matters... Can't be changed now, Tulsa won and had ZERO turnovers!

Reactions: loca2874
Fire Monty! Dear God we should be winning this game by 3 TDs right now. Everything that has gone wrong today are all the faults of Monty's teams the last 7 years. He's incompetent as a game manager, there is zero discipline and he doesn't care about special teams.
Lulz

Fire Monty! Dear God we should be winning this game by 3 TDs right now. Everything that has gone wrong today are all the faults of Monty's teams the last 7 years. He's incompetent as a game manager, there is zero discipline and he doesn't care about special teams.
Well it did take into the 3rd quarter for the first Fire the Coach post. That’s got to be a new record.

On the shuttle ride back to the parking lot, one of the ODU fans asked if number 73 was always that nasty. I laughed and said yes he is and we aren’t happy about that either.

I was sorry to see all the poor-mouthing of Ethan Hall (#47). This is the kind of kid you want on your team. Tough as nails, his blocking assignments stay blocked and he can catch it from time to time. His enthusiasm and love of playing does cost the team on occasion, but he will (hopefully) mature and fix that. I'll bet his teammates love the guy.

I look forward to watching him in the future and believe he will become a fan favorite.

BTW, is that trophy good looking? And what was in their goody bag?

I talked to several ODU fans throughout the game. Standard comment “you guys have a much better team surprised we are staying close” to which I reply you probably have the better head coach.
Yep a 6-6 CUSA team is not close to a 6-6 AAC team
particularly one that played 3 top 10 teams close and had a chance to win each

Did anyone else at the game or on TV see Naylor, while on the line as a WR waiting to come out of TV timeout, doing the YMCA motions with the fans in the stands?

Reactions: TU 1978
Did anyone else at the game or on TV see Naylor, while on the line as a WR waiting to come out of TV timeout, doing the YMCA motions with the fans in the stands?
Can you explain the Ice cream and cake dance to me? Oddest thing I have ever seen

seriously.. i like to win... but, why do i feel like we just squeaked a win out against an inferior opponent?
You and I watched a completely different game. We outmatched the opponent. It wasn't really that close and definitely didn't squeak out the win. I know I am really down on this coach and in fact, TU in general but damn you were extremely negative this whole thread.

Reactions: loca2874
Coming out of retirement to share some thoughts here. Haven't posted in years. But some of the comments here and on social media are straight nonsense. Like clownshow stuff.

First off, if you are not a fan of Monty and want Monty gone or are disenfranchised with some of style TU has, then that's fair game. But you look like a fool when you throw that nonsense out during an a$$ kicking yesterday. TU played their cleanest game. Well-coached. Lined up, played hard. Tackled, blocked. Got turnovers. Didn't turn the ball over. Good time management. Took TOs when we had to. The whole nine yards. Most complete game of the year. Buck called the defense and they were lights out.

Two mistakes on the opening kick off. And the fake punt (It was the punter's decision btw). Other than that. Dang near perfect.

Something else that was very noticeable. Also very evident in the SMU game. More and more you see TU players walking away from the trash talking. Monty and staff put an emphasis on that before SMU. And it was disgusting watching the Ponies talk and talk and talk. While we stayed out of all confrontation and simply whipped their a$$. Again yesterday. ODU wasn't a bastion of integrity. Hell the FG kicker talked all kinds of noise after the first PAT. But again, we didn't have one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The three personal fouls we had was one on Ethan Hall (Our most physical and passionate player offensively). and two on Dylan Couch. These were late hits or continuation after the whistle stuff. I won't defend Couch. He has had 9 personal fouls this year. That's unacceptable. He is done at TU and moves on. And much like we saw a drastic decline in personal foul penalties on defense when Allie Green left, I predict we will see the same thing on offense after Couch has gone.

All this to say simply that if anyone has an issue with the program, how it is being run, the results, etc. that's all fair game. But you look like a fool, straight clown show, when you are reaching for stuff to b*tch about during our cleanest and most complete game of the year. FWIW

See y'all in another couple of years.

-Austin Chadwick

Hope its not another two years. Enjoy reading your thoughts.

Reactions: VypeOK
(It was the punter's decision btw). Other than that. Dang near perfect.

Something else that was very noticeable. Also very evident in the SMU game. More and more you see TU players walking away from the trash talking. Monty and staff put an emphasis on that before SMU. And it was disgusting watching the Ponies talk and talk and talk. While we stayed out of all confrontation and simply whipped their a$$. Again yesterday. ODU wasn't a bastion of integrity. Hell the FG kicker talked all kinds of noise after the first PAT. But again, we didn't have one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.
Thanks for the clarification on those two issues(Punt and Monty emphasis.)

Reactions: TU 1978 and VypeOK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT