ADVERTISEMENT

Official NIU Prediction Thread

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
I guess the last Official Prediction Thread was a tad triggering for some, so I will go vanilla.

TU 38
Directional Illinois: 24

That's all I got.

Edit: I do have one more thought. With everything the university is doing to get people to the games with parking, cheap tickets, free pregame food, $1 concession items, and free top notch entertainment, you have no reason not to be there. And bring some friends.

After looking back at that Wyoming game, we were CLEARLY better than they were, and it really wasn't close. Losing to them because of the flukey, weird things that happened is annoying, but also gives me hope we can turn it around quick.

TU 35
NIU 17

Vicious Snow Dogs.... 7
Mentally Challenged Frisbee Chasers 63

We can hope for big crowds...but the local schedule doesnt look promising...

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Jenks @ Union on Friday night will have more total fans
I hope not... especially after all the work the Carson, Dickson, the University and the Athletic Department have put in over the last 6+ months planning for this.

Reactions: TU 1978
What should happen:

TU 38
NIU 21

Side note - if we lose this game, I will full melt.

What a wonderful contribution you've made to this score prediction thread.
Some of us are realistic...

After 35 yrs of going to games.. i have never seen us draw a big crowd after a bad loss and competing with OU in the same time slot.

Reactions: TULOYAL
I hope not... especially after all the work the Carson, Dickson, the University and the Athletic Department have put in over the last 6+ months planning for this.
I will be curious to see how many people are st the tailgate vs attendance in stadium..i pass herds of people headed away from the stadium 30 minutes before kick e ery game.

Some of us are realistic...

After 35 yrs of going to games.. i have never seen us draw a big crowd after a bad loss and competing with OU in the same time slot.
So nothing will ever change? It’s just stuck that was just because that’s how it’s always been? Why even bother right?

I will be curious to see how many people are st the tailgate vs attendance in stadium..i pass herds of people headed away from the stadium 30 minutes before kick e ery game.
I see the opposite. So who knows… I’d rather people come to the tailgate than nothing at all.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Rome wasn't built in a day. Focus on making the experience better and doing the right things but recognize that it's a longer term investment and won't transform over night. Measure success now by whether it's a better product and hope to see some new faces by the end of the season.

It's like going to the gym, you can't pop in once and expect to suddenly not be fat and out of shape anymore.

Monty didn't do us any favors in week 1 unfortunately. At least it wasn't 13-10.

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay
Rome wasn't built in a day. We should focus on making the experience better and doing the right things for growth but recognize that it's a longer term investment and won't transform over night. I think we measure success now by whether it's a better product and hope to see some new faces by the end of the season.

It's like going to the gym, you can't pop in once and expect to suddenly not be fat and out of shape anymore.

Monty didn't do us any favors in week 1 unfortunately. At least it wasn't 13-10.
Look, Monty shoulders plenty of blame for losses we've had...but this wasnt one of them

1. Brand new line
2. Was it his fault our kicker missed 2 kicks he normally makes?
3. Was it his fault Stokes fumbled after a long pass?
4. Shall I continue?

I could go over MANY times he's cost us games, but this ain't it.

Look, Monty shoulders plenty of blame for losses we've had...but this wasnt one of them

1. Brand new line
4. Shall I continue?

Meh. When the coach has lost more than 55% of games over 7+ years with hundreds of different players, differnet lines, different kickers, etc. etc., it's a pretty dang safe bet that the problem is the coach.

Reactions: drboobay

1. Brand new line
4. Shall I continue?

Like it or not if Long makes the 49 yarder the game was over and that was after "Gifting"
Wyoming 14 points . Next time the punter sees a defender rushing the punt without
anyone trying to block him...how about calling a timeout or take the five yard delay of game
penalty .

I love seeing all the progress that TU is trying to make on the game day experience. The skyline mural being added to the structures, the new signage, kids play area, parking accessibility, tailgate accessibility, etc. are all great but the fact is the casual fan still sees TU as a dinky school that loses to mediocre competition. I hope I'm wrong, I really do but I've been a die hard fan of TU long enough to know the majority of Tulsans would rather spend 3-4 hrs at Woodland Hills than at Skelly.

I love seeing all the progress that TU is trying to make on the game day experience. The skyline mural being added to the structures, the new signage, kids play area, parking accessibility, tailgate accessibility, etc. are all great but the fact is the casual fan still sees TU as a dinky school that loses to mediocre competition. I hope I'm wrong, I really do but I've been a die hard fan of TU long enough to know the majority of Tulsans would rather spend 3-4 hrs at Woodland Hills than at Skelly.
I think you overestimate the allure of Woodland Hills.

Crowds and age groups have been dwindling at Woodland Hills too.

Reactions: TU 1978
I think you overestimate the allure of Woodland Hills.

Crowds and age groups have been dwindling at Woodland Hills too.
Well, people are going somewhere along the 71st corridor between US 169 and Memorial then. The amount of traffic there on any given Saturday is absolutely ridiculous. And when Scheel's goes in, it's going to be even more ridiculous.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Those damn eye doctors and their ridiculous drops they use…..🥸
After 2 retina detachments and 2 cataract surgeries before the age of 55, they can put whatever they want in my eyes as long as i can see the next day...

Oh wow… RDs are tough, and we are seeing more of them. The cataract thing at that age is usually more a function of the RD surgeries causing them. I’m sure that was explained to you.
On a better note, I’ll have a pretty good riff on an old fashioned I came up with, if you are at the game tomorrow and want to swing by the tailgate spot to sample. Let me know.

So nothing will ever change? It’s just stuck that was just because that’s how it’s always been? Why even bother right?
Maybe, maybe not...

But, I know several of our lettermen and numerous alumni here in the OKC area that will be attending the OU game or tailgating at OU rather than coming to Tulsa. I try getting them to come to games with me but they already have plans.

Herd mentality is hard to fight.

Maybe, maybe not...

But, I know several of our lettermen and numerous alumni here in the OKC area that will be attending the OU game or tailgating at OU rather than coming to Tulsa. I try getting them to come to games with me but they already have plans.

Herd mentality is hard to fight.
Well if alumni or former players are tailgating at OU and refusing to come to Tulsa, then I say F em. That's a trash mentality.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Oh wow… RDs are tough, and we are seeing more of them. The cataract thing at that age is usually more a function of the RD surgeries causing them. I’m sure that was explained to you.
On a better note, I’ll have a pretty good riff on an old fashioned I came up with, if you are at the game tomorrow and want to swing by the tailgate spot to sample. Let me know.
Yeah, i know the cause of the cataracts. Both eyes had vitrectomies and got rid of my floaters, now i just need to get my YAG done on my left eye and i should be GTG.

Depends on when I get the wife on the road. But, i would love to taste it. Where's the 'gate these days?..

Last edited:
Well if alumni or former players are tailgating at OU and refusing to come to Tulsa, then I say F em. That's a trash mentality.
Just wait till OU comes to town next year.. people that you have sat beside for years will be wearing red... the GHC parking lots will be full of OU tailgaters and even our club seats will be full of gooner fans for the day...

I believe you, and that's disgusting to me.
Yup..

The concession stands workers and stadium security/ushers used to wear OU hats and shirts to our games until some of us complained vocally and often to the AD and Prez...

Ran out to woodland hills a few months ago and man it is sad how bad it is inside that mall now. I'm not sure why anyone would feel the need to ever step foot inside there again. That was the PLACE TO BE when I was a kid.
This is happening to brick and mortar stores and malls everywhere actually. JC Penney is hanging on by a thread, Macy's is a dump now. The only store I ever go in when I'm there is Dillard's. Occasionally will hit up Bath and Body Works if my wife tells me to stop. My daughter likes to go in PINK. That's about the extent now and I can't even remember the last time I, personally went into the mall. We do hit up H-Tea-O regularly on the mall loop road. It will be interesting to see if Scheel's can actually increase the mall traffic. It will also be interesting to see what Scheel's does to the Dick's at 71st and Mingo. I like Scheel's but it seems that all these giant sporting goods stores eventually die a sudden death, especially the ones that were so big and had the novelty play areas. Oshman's, Sports Authority...all dead now. Dick's has actually hung on a lot longer than I thought it would. Scheel's is a lot like Oshman's was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT